Need Some Advice

Was recinatly in hospital for some mental issues was manic so ended up in the mental ward was realesed after being put back on pharmicatals and was set up with some dr app however with my work schuelde haven't been able to attend any of such apps but canceled in advance the proper way then this morning my social worker from hospital called asking why I wasn't going to any app im afraid of them taking me to court to go to app but if I do go they might bloodtest me and find out I might not be taking the pharmasitcals they want me to instead i supplement it with a cbd regiment but in Michigan it's not approved for mental yet I just want to get in contact with rite people before I end up having to go to court over having to be token of my medical cannabis and put back on those teraiable pills if anyone can point me in right direction of what I should go about doing

I'm glad you're out of the hospital. Welcome back to the real world.

Often a pharmaceutical's side effects can feel worse then what they're trying to treat. And the CBD oil seems to be a better option for you.

Have you had problems or hospitalizations before when you've gone off your meds? Perhaps the social worker is just worried about this.

Why do you feel you have visit this doctor at all? Who will force you to have a blood test? The social worker may have just been following up on you rather than telling you must go to that doctor. For all she knows you're seeing another doctor to fill your prescriptions. Why would they be able to take you to court at all? You just got out of the hospital not out of prison.

Would you feel better seeing the doctor:
- if you knew there is no blood test involved?
- if your work schedule allowed you to go to the appointment?

How close are you to the social worker who called you? You probably only met him/her just before leaving the hospital. Do you get along with the social worker or do you fear him/her? If you do get along with her and can trust her, perhaps she would be your best point of contact. Helping people with problems get the help they need is her job.

edit: I re-read your post and see that you might be bi-polar (manic depressive). If they prescribed Lithium, then they will blood test your blood for Lithium levels, not pot levels. And if you tell them you are not on Lithium, then why blood test you?

Find a pot dr and get a rec. Maybe your condition causes something that qualifies. Bring your hospital records with you.

Probably talk to the social worker and tell her you have an appointment with your dr. Tell her the truth about not making time with your job. Tell her you are under control and actively working.

Tell her you are taking steps to avoid getting in trouble again.

Don't sweat it, they c can't do much as long as you are over 18.

Good point t-pain:

- Holding down a job can indicate that you are taking care of yourself and don't need to be told what to do anymore now that you're out of the hospital

- Seeing a doctor who certifies you for medical marijuana will start a medical relationship with that doctor that will stand up to scrutiny if the social worker somehow insists that you need to be under the care of a doctor. You can give her the name of your certification doctor and not mention why you went to him. He is simply your doctor at that point.

Under the MMM act, you need to show that you have a qualifying debilitating condition. You need to either have a listed condition OR that the effects of treatment of some other condition results in....well read this excerpt from the act.

(b) "Debilitating medical condition" means 1 or more of the following:

(1) Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella, or the treatment of these conditions.

(2) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces 1 or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe and chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis.

In other words, if you have a medical condition (for example bi-polar) that isn't a listed condition in the MMMA but treatment of that condition results in cachexia, wasting syndrome, severe and chronic pain, severe nausea, or seizures, the you still qualify.

I know a few people who take "head meds" and those "head meds" result in severe nausea. So it is likely that in order to keep your "heads meds" down and avoid nausea, you need MMJ to stave away the nausea.

I know first-hand based on accompanying my patients to a clinic, that many MMJ cert docs are willing to understand this problem. Green light clinic has been good about this. Assuming that your "head meds" cause you nausea, which many do, just meet with the doc and have an honest conversation. Tell him/her that you can't tolerate your "head meds" unless you can also use some MMJ to keep from vomiting them back up.

Problem solved.

Thanks for all the response I'm already a michigan patient and caregiver so I'm producing my own cbd capsules seems to be doing the trick for me I have my card for some chronic pain received from a car accident I'm just waiting on them to pass it for mental in Michigan I heard it was on the ballet this year and was hoping to get more involved in the helping comuinty

The reason to why I'm concerned to them taking me to court is they know I'm self medicating with cannabis I told the doctors that is part of reason why I was in there so long I believe because of my caregiver background its what I do for a living they don't approve of medical marihuana yet so I was the pretty much the devil in their eyes a hopeless case but I have pretty good inscure so all those dr visit bills and hospital stay got payed off same with all pharmaceuticals that's why I believe that they would actually persue to me court I was one of the people who wouldn't sing my rights over so they gave me the whole rundown on if you don't take your meds what they do to try and scare me kinda made me nervous to say least but hopefully they don't come after I just don't wanna live everyday worrying bout some mofos knocking down my down for another darn reason but il get by eitherway

I just don't wanna live everyday worrying bout some mofos knocking down my down for another darn reason but il get by eitherway

call komorn law and ask them what your rights are.

Komorn Law

24901 Northwestern Hwy

Suite 700

Southfield, MI 48075

CALL 800-656-3557

i think you will be fine, but its always good to have a lawyer number just in case they pull some baloney....

Nobody can make you take medication. Nobody can bust down your door for not going to appts. To be taken to court you have to be declared a danger to yourself or others. Also to have a court ordered guardian it has to be PROVEN you cannot care for yourself. That does not mean you cant make what the court judges bad decisions. We all have the right to screw up our own lives in otherwords. You also have the right to refuse medication and treatment. Read that again - its a right!!!! Yep its called the right of refusal. Here is an example - you are taken to the hospital having a heart attack - you get there and tell the doctor I don't want any treatment. The doctor cant touch you!

Did something happen with leo to get you put in a 72hr mental ward?

I am realy having a hard time understanding your worry's, if you self admitted your self to seek help to make you feel better, you can stop taking pharmicuticals once you feel good about your self and life situation,

Are you sure there isnt more to the story, you are amongst friends here, alot of people no doubt have been thru what you are going thru, paranoia is not always a bad thing!

Peace and best of luck!