Recertification Clinics

I have a friend who is getting recertified through the same place she originally started out with

This will be her second visit to this place

She was told that she would have to do 6 follow up visits at $180 a visit that it was the law

I'm not going to say which clinic this is but I don't recall this being law, the six follow up visits

I have a friend who is getting recertified through the same place she originally started out with

This will be her second visit to this place

She was told that she would have to do 6 follow up visits at $180 a visit that it was the law

I'm not going to say which clinic this is but I don't recall this being law, the six follow up visits

just so happens i am re certifying tomorrow, it went up after two years to 150. but that encludes a six month follow up..  

Id like to know which clinic, esp if they r quoting 'the law' on the issue. Reputation is what u make of it, to a degree.

But i would also understand a doctor being overly paranoid in this environment... Mi seems to go after docs like few others. This could simply be a knee jerk reaction to the threat of prosecution.

Id like to know which clinic, esp if they r quoting 'the law' on the issue. Reputation is what u make of it, to a degree.

But i would also understand a doctor being overly paranoid in this environment... Mi seems to go after docs like few others. This could simply be a knee jerk reaction to the threat of prosecution.

Or a way to quadruple their clinic profits through fear?

followup was mandated by your legislature. talk to them, its the law.

follow the law or dont, but you know what happens when you dont follow the law here in michigan.

I agree followup our part of the Law today but wasn't back in 2009 i go to VA and there you wait 9 months to see a Doctor now before the Government fixed the VA a few month ago i could get in within 60 Days 

I'm not sure if i agree to the part about  following the Law first thing i would ask is what part is followed by the Courts and Leo and cover that part first

The Law one of 2008 was easy to follow back then 12 plants locked up 2.5 oz on hand Doctors Recommendation  and the 21 day rule  before the raid 

Thanks

bona fide physician-patient relationship is used all the time by prosecutors in Courts around the State mainly Oakland County and a few others and thats where it can get tricky and risky the most important thing is if he will even show up

We had lots of medical records  but that didn't help us in the end because its Marijuana still to them not Marihuana

When our case got dismissed the first time i knew then we did nothing wrong

it is  only my own opinnion  am no Lawyer

• 1 month later...

I agree followup our part of the Law today but wasn't back in 2009 i go to VA and there you wait 9 months to see a Doctor now before the Government fixed the VA a few month ago i could get in within 60 Days 

I'm not sure if i agree to the part about  following the Law first thing i would ask is what part is followed by the Courts and Leo and cover that part first

The Law one of 2008 was easy to follow back then 12 plants locked up 2.5 oz on hand Doctors Recommendation  and the 21 day rule  before the raid 

Thanks

My friend works for the VA and he told me the doctors there can't sign the paperwork since they work for the federal government. I'm not sure how that really works though since I see University doctors.

not in the VA but my physician says he is unable to rec cannabis because it is against the policy of his hospital "group" like "st Johns" or McLaren or whatever.  My VA patient says he had to visit a cert clinic because what you said, but the VA doc is aware of his medical cannabis use and doesn't mind discussing it with his patients, he just wont rec it.   pretty petty imo. cant put the cat back in the bag.

not in the VA but my physician says he is unable to rec cannabis because it is against the policy of his hospital "group" like "st Johns" or McLaren or whatever.  My VA patient says he had to visit a cert clinic because what you said, but the VA doc is aware of his medical cannabis use and doesn't mind discussing it with his patients, he just wont rec it.   pretty petty imo. cant put the cat back in the bag.

I really don't know much about the VA. I just have a really long time friend who is a therapist there. He spent several years trying to get a job there because it's a really good place to work, according to him.

It's not the doctors that are against it there, from what he tells me. Some may be against it, he is. He deals with many substance abuse cases from the military and his opinion is medicinal MJ is a gateway drug. The problem is MJ is still illegal on a federal level and since the federal government funds the VA, the policy is to not give out any RX for it.

My point about an established patient/doctor relationship? It's only common sense, if a patient has a condition that requires MMJ, he/she should be seeing a doctor for follow ups. If it's just a doctor giving out prescriptions to people who want to get high? Well, it's not any different than doctors who give out all these dangerous pills.

My opinion is just legalize it, make the tax dollars on it and crack down on the pill dispensaries who are creating opiate addicts at an alarming rate. These doctors/pharmacists are killing people and these tight assed pols who are wasting their time on a harmless plant are letting them get away with it. Too many politics behind legalization. Just my opinion and my 2 cents worth...

I really don't know much about the VA. I just have a really long time friend who is a therapist there. He spent several years trying to get a job there because it's a really good place to work, according to him.

It's not the doctors that are against it there, from what he tells me. Some may be against it, he is. He deals with many substance abuse cases from the military and his opinion is medicinal MJ is a gateway drug. The problem is MJ is still illegal on a federal level and since the federal government funds the VA, the policy is to not give out any RX for it.

My point about an established patient/doctor relationship? It's only common sense, if a patient has a condition that requires MMJ, he/she should be seeing a doctor for follow ups. If it's just a doctor giving out prescriptions to people who want to get high? Well, it's not any different than doctors who give out all these dangerous pills.

My opinion is just legalize it, make the tax dollars on it and crack down on the pill dispensaries who are creating opiate addicts at an alarming rate. These doctors/pharmacists are killing people and these tight assed pols who are wasting their time on a harmless plant are letting them get away with it. Too many politics behind legalization. Just my opinion and my 2 cents worth...

I believe it's different.  Thousands of people die every year for pain pills.  MJ hasn't killed anyone.  If doctors would understand this simple truth, all of their patients would be much better off. 

I think of medical MJ like vegetables.  If your Dr. tells you to eat more vegetables, you don't need a follow-up visit to determine if you're eating too many vegetables.  If medical MJ is working for a patient, what is the downside that would require follow-up visits?  If a patient experiences, for example pain or nausea relief, why should that patient need to visit a Dr. simply to explain to the Dr. that the patient is finding some relief?  If the medical MJ isn't working, then the patient can decide to schedule a follow-up visit to seek other options.

I believe it's different.  Thousands of people die every year for pain pills.  MJ hasn't killed anyone.  If doctors would understand this simple truth, all of their patients would be much better off. 

I think of medical MJ like vegetables.  If your Dr. tells you to eat more vegetables, you don't need a follow-up visit to determine if you're eating too many vegetables.  If medical MJ is working for a patient, what is the downside that would require follow-up visits?  If a patient experiences, for example pain or nausea relief, why should that patient need to visit a Dr. simply to explain to the Dr. that the patient is finding some relief?  If the medical MJ isn't working, then the patient can decide to schedule a follow-up visit to seek other options.

True. If it's a temporary condition, I can see a doctor telling a patient there doesn't need to be a follow-up. But many times, a condition is just a symptom of a bigger problem. Pills or MMJ are just the same at masking pain from certain conditions but it doesn't mean a condition can be ignored.

And I agree 100% about pills (and booze IMO) being worse than weed. My point was doctors just writing prescriptions for either pills or weed just for the money. If people want to get high from weed, that's fine, IMO. It's not as bad for your body and system as booze or pain pills. And that's pretty much a fact, not just my opinion.

I'm also of the opinion, based on facts, that many of these doctors with the pill mills are actually creating heroin addicts. It's a pretty well known fact that many opiate abusers start out on pills and advance to heroin because it's much, much cheaper. I'm also of the opinion that MMJ is less of a gateway drug than booze. In the old days, the only place to buy weed was on the streets. And the folks who could get you a dime bag could also get you some blow. With MMJ being more mainstream, it seems like the class of people using it are less likely to find coke or smack. And alcohol abuse lowers a persons inhibitions much more than weed, IMO. Lowered inhibitions cause more risky behavior, whether it's harder drugs or sex. It's why I always got my girlfriends drunk. : )

They want to restrict us as much as possible so they use the rule accepted for prescriptions, a six month follow up. And of course doctors like that. So we are the only ones complaining about follow up visits. They figure no one wants to go to the doctor and everyone complains about it so you can't get treated seriously when you ask for no follow ups.