Bad Experience With "high Cbd" Meds ?

trichcycler

Upset stomach, nausea, sleeplessness, agitation, anxiety, restlessness, headache, gastro intestinal disturbances. A general feeling of dis-ease.

I likened it to the time I took wellbutrin to stop smoking. Within two weeks I was crazy, with bad feelings, and sickness. I stopped smoking after those two weeks and stopped taking the rx immediately against my docs advice. I did desire a cigarette for awhile after but didn't succumb to the temptation(who am I fooling, I smoke joint right...) The biggest reason I didn't start again was because I somehow knew, after years of trying to quit, I would have to take the wellbutrin again someday to stop, so I never started again.---in fear of the fluoridated state.

Seems the people who may need high cbd's are the ones who benefit from them, while it may be an antagonist to those who don't. I know there was an rx in the past made with cbd in this country. It may have been a test, but some people flipped out with suicidal thoughts and strange behavior, very similar to bath salts, also utilizing the synthesized cannabis constituents , one at a time. It was quickly removed I cant find any info on it now. maybe you are familiar?

While I do enjoy vaporizing most hybrids and land races I did not vaporize it. I bet it sucks just the same.

I think too much has been made of high CBD meds. It seems to stem from those trying to defend cannabis as medicine.

"Look at this CBD component, it helps children and you don't get high!"

That way the Puritans will still be able to accept it since no pleasure is derived from it. (God forbid anyone is less than miserable all the time.)

39042_original.jpg

^^ that is good to hear. thank you. can you tell me if you've had it tested, or where it came from?  do you smoke it, eat it, or rub it in?

I knew there were some here(norby too?) who require higher cbd for relief. I'm definitely not denying the benefits found for lots of patients, just myself, my group, and those fixin to post it.

I await the reason one parent  finds cbd sans the thc to be less effective in controlling her child's seizures than a normal whole plant extract. And why some cbd components inspire some people to chew faces but others enjoy it immensely.

^^ that is good to hear. thank you. can you tell me if you've had it tested, or where it came from?  do you smoke it, eat it, or rub it in?

I knew there were some here(norby too?) who require higher cbd for relief. I'm definitely not denying the benefits found for lots of patients, just myself, my group, and those fixin to post it.

I await the reason one parent  finds cbd sans the thc to be less effective in controlling her child's seizures than a normal whole plant extract. And why some cbd components inspire some people to chew faces but others enjoy it immensely.

Got interested in cbd about 3 years ago. Cannatonic was purchased from a supplier in AA, cloned a few times before shutting down the grow.

Plants stayed small, about 3' tall and 30" diameter, even outside. Always small colas. Used for smoking and edibles (cookies).

Have a couple small plants outside this year, planted late and will not yield much. A little is better than none.

Just now hearing about the whole plant extractions. Is this only for the oils?

I have heard good and bad about high CBD strains. I can't say that I have heard anything good about pure CBD extract.

However, one of my cancer patients grows Tora Bora, which is very high in CBD. It is a clone only strain. He makes oil using the RSO method. It is not as potent as the higher THC strains, but he really enjoys the effects.

That is one of the items on my To-Do list, score some Tora Bora.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the strain has been tested multiple times for its CBD content. I do not remember the actual data though. Saved somewhere in the abyss of bookmarked web pages :D

Edited by GrowGoddess

If I thought there was one patient who could benefit from the high cbd plant within 100 miles of me, one that found me and relayed their concerns, I'd be willing to help them of course. Its just that EVERY patient I've encountered calls it negative, as I do. I don't like okra either, and some swear it as a favorite, different tokes for different folks surely.

lets not forget the 40 years of cbd trials our uber-pharma country has unsuccessfully been involved with. On the market, then off again, side effects,efficacy, availability, purity....all to separate the  cannabis constituents we still do not understand. Like all the bull in pharmaworld I wouldn't be surprised if someday we find consuming cbd alone  causes not only dis-ease, but maybe other negative organ effects, blinded by the short sighted inexperienced use among anecdotal diary entries.

or, it might kill all cancers, all epilepsy, solve the worlds financial problems, rid us of evil doers, end childhood starvation, and finally connect us with Shiva. who knows

by whole plant, he just means regular marijuana, e.g. thc and cbd and all them terpenes... I think

that is correct.

Do you have reports of cbd being taken of the market, grass? I haven't seen those but I'd like to.

not yet, strangely I cannot find a paper on even a prescription drug trial that was taking place anymore. still searching though. I was hoping gregrx could shed some light on rx cbd trials/approvals/removals/results....   ; )

Just now hearing about the whole plant extractions. Is this only for the oils?

by whole plant, he just means regular marijuana, e.g. thc and cbd and all them terpenes... I think

In reply to each of you, on other forums, but mostly facebook, I hear much about CBD extractions including whole plant extraction for the CBD oil.

I can't speak from experience but, I can say I have not heard any good feedback. I did look into these extractions and they are done in multiple ways using different solvents. Some people will first try to water extract the chlorophyll, then do an alcohol extraction with heat.

Yes, these extractions are most popular with the whole plant, including the roots and leaves. It is quite popular on facebook. Not one of my FB friends has reported positive results, except for one person that runs one of the CBD oil businesses. He dose get some good comments, but I cannot back up or verify any of them.

If you ask me, whole plant extractions are most likely a scam, especially when I hear $50 to $100 per gram. We are talking the whole plant here, not just buds, roots, leaf, and stems too. The plants I hear most about are strictly hemp, below the federal THC levels, so they believe it is legal to sell. I am not so sure about that though.

Not to get into another argument, but my opinion of using heat for CBD oil is the same as my opinion on terpenes. Above 110F, say good bye to the terpenes. Yes there are leftover, damaged remains, but that does not mean it will have medicinal value. I also believe heat can create medicinal properties and value, and THC can tolerate heat, and be heat decarbed without much damage and be very successful.

As far as reports of CBD being taken off the market or of the market, not sure which you meant there. I have many. I have reports from MSN and other quality scientific reports, and many patient reports. However, those are from facebook, messaging, and in the abyss of bookmarked pages. Many of the reports contradict each other, so there is no real purpose, and I would have probably thousands of messages and bookmarks to go through to find what you are looking for. Not worth it due to so many contradictions. On the other hand, with epilepsy is where I have heard of the best results when using a CBD oil. It is out there if you seek it.

pretty sure the cbd's were synthesized though

I have read a lot about synthesized products in my essential oil and herbatology books. When the elements are synthesized, they are not able to replicate completely. Usually they are only able to replicate one part of the natural chemical. Such as the scent or the ability to reduce inflammation. They are not able to replicate the entire solution. One of the biggest problems is they cannot replicate it close enough to pass through the blood brain barrier. Also, they cannot replicate it to produce the natural multiple medicinal effects. Most of all, they are not able to replicate certain terpenes and CBDs abilities to coordinate with other CBDs and terpenes and transform into a new medicinal compound.

Synthesized does not compare to natural. Another thing to consider is synthesized compounds are not as easy for the body to expel, to where over time, they can build up and become toxic, causing damage to organs.Natural substances can easily be flushed through the body, are much safer, and have a lower risk of toxin build up.

This is all in reference to natural plant materials and extractions in regards to medicinal properties.

Edited by GrowGoddess

I'd believe it with synthetics but not whole plant hi CBD, lo THC.  So far one of my patients said it's not for him unless he has to go to a large crowd event.  1 or 2 pulls and it put him to sleep(HP cannatonic 16.8%CBD and 0.7%THC).  Another said he found it really relaxing and another it sent her into a fibromyalgia recurrence. Another person it stopped their bronchitis with one bong hit and it didn't come back.  Another it worked better than hydrocodone for their MS(i think) pain.  Another suffering from anxiety said they hadn't had a panic attack in weeks by mixing it with their hi THC pot 1-2x a day.

I just got a pennywise with 8.6% CBD and 8.2% THC, 0.4$CBG and 0.2% delta8THC. I've been vaping that 2x a day and though I'm still awkward socially and sit watching the ducks when my wife leaves me at the art festival rather than deal with people but I feel no anxiety and don't really mind it.  I don't wake up in an anxiety attack every morning and sometimes it takes me a while to even start thinking about what day it is, what time it is and whether or not I should care.  I hadn't slept well thru the nite in years till I started taking CBD capsules.  I now take about 40mg each of THC and CBD a day and vape 50/50 sometimes and vape and smoke hi THC strains often.  I definitely am getting more THC than CBD thru vaping and smoking.

And whole plant extracts in regards to pure CBD or THC means the oil we make with just the flowers and leaves where the synergistic effect of terpenes flavinoids and other cannabinoids help the CBD/THC etc. be more effective over a wider dosage range and also have the other consituents adding their antiviral, bacterial, fugal inflammatory, etc,etc,etc affects to the stew.  There was a recent paper titled that whole plant extracts defy the bell curve dosage for pure CBD, they meant flowers and leaves extract.

And CBD takes 2x as long as THC to decarb and a slightly higher boiling point.  I think it's more stable than THC.  If you look at the lab tests almost all of them with high enough levels to be significant in each cannabinoid, there is always less of a CBDA to CBD transformation than THCA to THC transformation.

I decarb my THC an hour to make it into sleep meds which is the same time I regularly decarb my CBD and get great antianxiety results consistently from my CBD caps and no return of depression.  Without the CBD I can't take as hi of a level of THC without getting agitated, anxious or depressed for spells, although with the candida gone and being on bioactive vitamins now I haven't tried going off CBD to see if I'd get the anxiety attacks back or if it was all attributed to lo vitamin levels and candida toxins.  I know those last 2 definitely contributed, I just don't know how much.  Now I figure if it's working well don't tinker with it.  I was able to eat the day before and the morning of flying to and from New Orleans in late August, which never would've happened before so.....

Edited by Norby

I'd believe it with synthetics but not whole plant hi CBD, lo THC.  So far one of my patients said it's not for him unless he has to go to a large crowd event.  1 or 2 pulls and it put him to sleep(HP cannatonic 16.8%CBD and 0.7%THC).  Another said he found it really relaxing and another it sent her into a fibromyalgia recurrence. Another person it stopped their bronchitis with one bong hit and it didn't come back.  Another it worked better than hydrocodone for their MS(i think) pain.  Another suffering from anxiety said they hadn't had a panic attack in weeks by mixing it with their hi THC pot 1-2x a day.

I just got a pennywise with 8.6% CBD and 8.2% THC, 0.4$CBG and 0.2% delta8THC. I've been vaping that 2x a day and though I'm still awkward socially and sit watching the ducks when my wife leaves me at the art festival rather than deal with people but I feel no anxiety and don't really mind it.  I don't wake up in an anxiety attack every morning and sometimes it takes me a while to even start thinking about what day it is, what time it is and whether or not I should care.  I hadn't slept well thru the nite in years till I started taking CBD capsules.  I now take about 40mg each of THC and CBD a day and vape 50/50 sometimes and vape and smoke hi THC strains often.  I definitely am getting more THC than CBD thru vaping and smoking.

And whole plant extracts in regards to pure CBD or THC means the oil we make with just the flowers and leaves where the synergistic effect of terpenes flavinoids and other cannabinoids help the CBD/THC etc. be more effective over a wider dosage range and also have the other consituents adding their antiviral, bacterial, fugal inflammatory, etc,etc,etc affects to the stew.

And CBD takes 2x as long as THC to decarb and a slightly higher boiling point.  I think it's more stable than THC.  If you look at the lab tests almost all of them with high enough levels to be significant in each cannabinoid, there is always less of a CBDA to CBD transformation than THCA to THC transformation.

I decarb my THC an hour to make it into sleep meds which is the same time I regularly decarb my CBD and get great antianxiety results consistently from my CBD caps and no return of depression.  Without the CBD I can't take as hi of a level of THC without getting agitated, anxious or depressed for spells, although with the candida gone and being on bioactive vitamins now I haven't tried going off CBD to see if I'd get the anxiety attacks back or if it was all attributed to lo vitamin levels and candida toxins.  I know those last 2 definitely contributed, I just don't know how much.  Now I figure if it's working well don't tinker with it.  I was able to eat the day before and the morning of flying to and from New Orleans in late August, which never would've happened before so.....

My patient that has used the Tora Bora said the same as you. He personally prefers a very potent strain, but his patients prefer a more high CBD strain. It is not a super low THC extraction like hemp would produce. The oil from Tora Bora contains THC, CBD, and terpenes, of course the CBD ratio is very high compared to the THC, but that is extracted from the buds only, not the whole plant. Again, they reported the same type of results you have mentioned. Keep in mind, there was also THC present.

Grass, did you ever do the test for candida?  Did you eat it or smoke/vape it?

When I started the caps I killed off candida and didn't feel "good" other than the less anxiety, I would've stopped it if i hadn't been so depressed and anxious but figured it was just my muscles "releasing" from being tense so long I felt like I got hit by a bus as all the candida dieing off at once caused a flush of toxins from all the decomposing "bodies" are a lot more toxin mass than just the waste. All those things you listed are also listed side effects from this reaction to killing off a "parasite" in your body(not really a parasite but causes lots of problems when out of proportion to all the other good gut bacteria).  I felt aches and pains and a headache and my stomach is always off so I don't think I noticed any difference.

Just wondering if it was an hour or 2 thing or if it lasted a day or 2.  Not discounting as some people don't do well with it just inquiring.

Edited by Norby

The cannatonic that I had was not high cbd, 1:1 ratio I'm thinking. Was not much of a high from smoking, did have muscle relaxing effect. Worked well in edibles also.

The cannatonic #4 is supposed to be 11:1 ratio and Startonic at 1:1 ratio. That is for the clones I got back in summer. Since they were planted outside so late, the harvest will not be good.

So I'm thinking high cbd is referring to 11:1 or even higher.

Agree with needing thc with the cbd for best results.

Grass, did you ever do the test for candida?  Did you eat it or smoke/vape it?

When I started the caps I killed off candida and didn't feel "good" other than the less anxiety, I would've stopped it if i hadn't been so depressed and anxious but figured it was just my muscles "releasing" from being tense so long I felt like I got hit by a bus as all the candida dieing off at once caused a flush of toxins from all the decomposing "bodies" are a lot more toxin mass than just the waste. All those things you listed are also listed side effects from this reaction to killing off a "parasite" in your body(not really a parasite but causes lots of problems when out of proportion to all the other good gut bacteria).  I felt aches and pains and a headache and my stomach is always off so I don't think I noticed any difference.

Just wondering if it was an hour or 2 thing or if it lasted a day or 2.  Not discounting as some people don't do well with it just inquiring.

I don't think I've ever been tested for that, but I suffer from no symptoms like that ever. I had to look up the yeasty beast for a refresher.

found this;

• Eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar
  • Consuming a lot of alcohol
  • Taking oral contraceptives
  • Eating a diet high in beneficial fermented foods (like Kombucha, sauerkraut and pickles)
  • Living a high-stress lifestyle
  • Taking a round of antibiotics that killed too many of those friendly bacteria

What are common symptoms of candida?

1. Skin and nail fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus
  2. Feeling tired and worn down, or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
  3. Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
  4. Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma or Multiple sclerosis
  5. Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD and brain fog
  6. Skin issues like eczema, psoriasis, hives and rashes
  7. Irritability, mood swings, anxiety or depression
  8. Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching or vaginal itching
  9. Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
  10. Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings

none of the above have ever been an issue or part of my lifestyle luckily.

It lasted as long as any cannabis effects would ad tapered down to normal afterward. Never felt that way with any other strains/oils and since my whole groups has relayed similar experience with the two strains both with me and some with other supply, I'd pass it along here.

I also never see mention of magnesium and cannabis use surprisingly here. They seem to affect each other with use, topically too with cannabis. Taking magnesium regularly will increase the positive effects of cannabis I understand, and have experienced myself. any thoughts on the subject Norby?

Possibly.  I started taking magnesium with boiactive b vits so any effect would've been masked in the benefits of the bioactive b vits since it was a main problem.

I'm starting to be a better gauge of subtleties but my mood used to swing so much that I could never pinpoint much as effects were different according to my stress levels, anxiety and depression levels. Consistency wasn't great enough back then to guage magnesium effects if it wasn't a large problem.

I suffered a lot of those except the rectal itching and toe and nail fungus :). I had add adhd psoriasis consumed lots of alcohol for social anxiety, hi stress running my own business breeding animals had an operation when I was 9 with antibiotics and started depression and was prescribed antibiotics for the psoriasis a couple times after that, anxiety, irritability, depression, seasonal allergies, srong sugar and carb cravings so it was pretty clear with me.

I still may stop all CBD eventually for a test because I did have the wrong CBD cut and think I went off CBD for a couple weeks and took 2x as much THC  and didn't get anxiety and depression back but i did start getting a little irritable.  I'm not sure if I had CBD caps left that I had made from dispensary bought meds and I mixed them in with the THC caps from the wrong cut so that I was taking a CBD cap every once in a while and never really cut them out all together or not.  I have seen such marked improvement as I get closer to 50/50 intake that I'm not sure if I want to or not though.  I really do see a much more relaxed feel to the 50/50's although I notice i don't really want it all teh time, I still "crave" a higher THC ratio.  maybe my anxiety and depression was 90% candida and lack of b vitamins.

pretty sure the cbd's were synthesized though

www​.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7413719

All patients and volunteers tolerated CBD very well and no signs of toxicity or serious side effects were detected

I'm not a cbd-only fanboy though, I just like this study and how it has been ignored for thirty years