Booby Trap Your Grow? Maybe Not...

Indigro

DETROIT -

Detroit police have identified a suspect in connection to an explosive booby-trap that injured a man Sunday morning on the city’s west side.

The explosion happened around 5 or 6 a.m.

The 28-year-old man was walking in a field near Florida Street and Panama Street when he triggered a booby trap.

Detroit police have identified a 25-year-old suspect and said he is cooperating with authorities.

Police said he used the explosive devices to protect his home, where a large marijuana growing operation is kept. The man has a license to grow marijuana, but after an inspection of the home it has been determined that he far exceeds the limit he is allowed to grow.

Bomb squad members found several other explosive booby traps around the home.

The victim suffered some scratches from the incident but police said his injuries are not serious.

The case is being handed over to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacoo, Firearms and Explosives.

Stay with Local 4 and ClickonDetroit.com for updates on this developing story.

http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/man-steps-on-explosive-in-detroit/35380596

What do you want to be legal?  Growing or bear traps?  either way it will never stop thieve's from stealing your grow if they find out it is there!

Do you actualy think just because they make growing legal it will stop lying fricking lazy arse thieve's?

Wake up bro, only law abiding citizens obey the laws,,,,,,,,,,,there will always be thieve's!

Bear traps and bombs is not a good idea, shall we just shoot them when they trespass?

Peace

What do you want to be legal?  Growing or bear traps?  either way it will never stop thieve's from stealing your grow if they find out it is there!

Do you actualy think just because they make growing legal it will stop lying fricking lazy arse thieve's?

Wake up bro, only law abiding citizens obey the laws,,,,,,,,,,,there will always be thieve's!

Bear traps and bombs is not a good idea, shall we just shoot them when they trespass?

Peace

Things can happen 

http://annarborobserver.com/articles/one_man_s_dope_war_full_article.html

So you are telling us that your plants can protect themselves, or is it your life and limb that needs to added to the fray?

It's just the law. You can't kill people over property and get away with it. Law is largely factual so it all depends, but if plants are being stolen from an outdoor grow and someone is not pointing a gun at you, you can't kill them. We'll you can, you'll just be prosecuted for it.

My ladies are well proteced. Three levels of entry (all different lock types), adt, chronic illness (ie here 24/7), 100 lb dog. Aside from that, yeah, they'll probably defend themselves. Jokes aside, my apologies, the post you mention was not very clear.

Edited by suneday11

Ther's a big difference in growin in/under your home,, than being out in a barn away from the house, or even  green house out back.. (Don't shoot), but once there in the house .... let em have it

you believe you can kill an unarmed intruder once he's in your house just because he's inside your home in MI ?

Edited by grassmatch

The man who booby-trapped a grow operation on Detroit's west side hasn't been arrested yet but says he knows it's coming and is prepared to face the consequences of his actions.

It turns out, the marijuana grow operation is legal, but his traps - rigged to explode when tripped - were not.

The man who set the booby-traps, Josh, lives on Florida street on Detroit's west side. He said the reason he set it up is because the grow operation is all he has.

"I don't have a lot of money and they still want what I've got," Josh said. "What if these people had a gun? I can't use anything like that. Or I come outside and tell them to get out of here and and they shoot me?"

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/22862606-story

It's considered a milder offense to enter someone's empty home (burglary) than enter an occupied home (home invasion).

Burglars can be less violent of the two, and often are not armed, while home invaders are more nasty than even an armed robber since your home is your last bastion of refuge. Defending yourself and your home with deadly force under those circumstances may be considered fair in some states.

Heck, in some states you can chase down someone running down the street with your TV and then shoot him, so it all depends on the state you live in.