What The Legislature Is Up To? Bananas And Condoms.

t-pain

http://www.democracy-tree.com/michigan-lawmakers-propose-bill-prevent-practicing-condom-bananas/

Condom Use on Bananas

Posted on September 18, 2015 by Amy Kerr Hardin

Lansing: The Good, the Bad, and the Just Plain Silly

While Michigan’s roads aren’t getting fixed, here’s what Lansing’s been up to.

Dire threat

Starting with the Silly — The Bananarama Bill

Rep. Thomas Hooker (R-77), joined by his social conservative buddies — 9 out of 10 banana owners, including Tea Party Rep. Gary Glenn (R-98) — proposed legislation to make it illegal for public school students to put a condom on a banana, or any other produce of choice. House Bill 4883 amends Public Act 451 of 1976 to prohibit this form of hands-on-learning. From the proposal:

“A person shall not dispense or otherwise distribute, and shall not allow a pupil to practice with, a family planning drug or device in a public school or on public school property.”

more article at the link go read it if interested

all the while those rascal R's will staunchly support the gore performed at their prestigious federally funded Planned Parenthood Centers shown here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=planned+parenthood :pic::startle:

Actually  the Rs' dont support Planned Parenthood(pro-Choice), they are on the pro-Life side.  In fact they will be attempting to create more drama (like their phony body parts videos) at the end of the month when they try once again to show their disdain for the american way by shutting down the Govt Debt Machine ...which is just killing us all anyway.  

Agreed, the Republicans tend to be anti-choice and Democrats tend to be pro-choice. But Republicans and conservatives have long supported Planned Parenthood’s retrieval of tissue from legally aborted fetuses. They also support allowing Planned Parenthood to be reimbursed for the costs related to the retrieval. Seems the Feds don't like tissue sales of fetus' either, and pulled their funding.

I bet the origins of "Planned Parenthood" are fraught with "R" ideals.  The original named organization, their original supporters and funders, their ideals and practices..........not much has changed since those years I think.  

Edited by grassmatch

The program originated in 1916, though  it wasn't until 1964 that it ever received any governmental funding. This came when LBJ initiated the 'War on Poverty' a concept born out of the JFK admin to combat soaring poverty rates of the 1950s n 60s of which parts of this family planning program recieved funding.

It was the RMNixon admin that created and funded  "Title X, Family Planning Program" officially known as Public Law 91-572 as part of the 'Public Health Service Act' in 1970. We can safely assume, I think, that this manifested in enormous windfalls for the Pharmys that were providing the B.C. meds. Therin lies most of the conservatives interests. (Tissue reclamation aside, momentarily) Along with the Calif wine producers who were raking it in during this revolution / renaissance in lifestyle changes this brought about. see 'Free Love ...'   

Poverty, a state of deprivation...

"  In 2011, child poverty reached record high levels, with 16.7 million children living in food insecure households, about 35% more than 2007 levels.[18] 

A 2013 UNICEF report ranked the U.S. as having the second highest relative child poverty rates in the developed world.[19]

There were about 643,000 sheltered and unsheltered homeless people nationwide in January 2009. Almost two-thirds stayed in an emergency shelter or transitional housing program and     the other third were living on the street, in an abandoned building, or another place not meant for human habitation. About 1.56 million people, or about 0.5% of the U.S. population, used an emergency shelter or a transitional housing program between October 1, 2008 and September 30, 2009.[20] Around 44% of homeless people are employed."

Edited by solabeirtan

then this further down on the wiki

"As part of her efforts to promote birth control, however, Sanger found common cause with proponents of eugenics, believing that she and they both sought to "assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit."[115]....

Planned Parenthood has responded to this effort directly in a leaflet acknowledging that Sanger agreed with some of her contemporaries who advocated the voluntary hospitalization or sterilization of people with untreatable, disabling, hereditary conditions, and limits on the immigration of the diseased

this gets troubling when considering the history of the Eugenics Program imo, nothing to do with supporting a womans right to terminate her own pregnancy responsibility.

“…human weeds,’ ‘reckless breeders,’ ‘spawning… human beings who never should have been born.” Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants, African Americans and poor people.

and this quote from her book "Margaret Sanger - Founder of Planned Parenthood ". . .we prefer the policy of immediate sterilization, of making sure that parenthood is ' absolutely prohibed ' to the feeble-minded." The Pivot of Civilization, p102

"By all means, there should be no children when either mother or father suffers from such diseases as tuberculosis, gonorrhea, syphilis, cancer, epilepsy, insanity, drunkenness and mental disorders. In the case of the mother, heart disease, kidney trouble and pelvic deformities are also a serious bar to childbearing No more children should be born when the parents, though healthy themselves, find that their children are physically or mentally defective.” (“Woman and the New Race,” 1920, Chapter 7). geesh, I'm ill now.

this all sounds more like Klanned Parenthood to me,sorry. Repubs vs Dems, whatever. carry on.

Edited by grassmatch

then this further down on the wiki

"As part of her efforts to promote birth control, however, Sanger found common cause with proponents of eugenics, believing that she and they both sought to "assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit."[115]....

Planned Parenthood has responded to this effort directly in a leaflet acknowledging that Sanger agreed with some of her contemporaries who advocated the voluntary hospitalization or sterilization of people with untreatable, disabling, hereditary conditions, and limits on the immigration of the diseased

this gets troubling when considering the history of the Eugenics Program imo, nothing to do with supporting a womans right to terminate her own pregnancy responsibility.

“…human weeds,’ ‘reckless breeders,’ ‘spawning… human beings who never should have been born.” Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants, African Americans and poor people.

and this quote from her book "Margaret Sanger - Founder of Planned Parenthood ". . .we prefer the policy of immediate sterilization, of making sure that parenthood is ' absolutely prohibed ' to the feeble-minded." The Pivot of Civilization, p102

"By all means, there should be no children when either mother or father suffers from such diseases as tuberculosis, gonorrhea, syphilis, cancer, epilepsy, insanity, drunkenness and mental disorders. In the case of the mother, heart disease, kidney trouble and pelvic deformities are also a serious bar to childbearing No more children should be born when the parents, though healthy themselves, find that their children are physically or mentally defective.” (“Woman and the New Race,” 1920, Chapter 7). geesh, I'm ill now.

this all sounds more like Klanned Parenthood to me,sorry. Repubs vs Dems, whatever. carry on.

It is within our grasp to eliminate all genetic diseases and mental deficiencies. Why wouldn't we do this? The savings to society would be enormous. We could easily pave every road in the US with the savings and still have money left over.

Just screen people before they are allowed to have a child.

Crazy, had no idea about this.

I doubt we could effectively breed out all the "undesirable" traits, based on my limited understanding of plant genetics. I was under the impression that even after heavy selection, over much time, oddball variants pop up entirly unexpectedly. Let alone our early understanding of how genes actually interact between themselves, tossed in w further environmental factors. People w identified genetic markers for certain cancers both express and not, in high risk environments and in low... Why? A bit beyind our current ability to say, let alone control.

We certainly do have an impending overpopulation problem, and many people are very ill-prepared for parenthood... Cant really think of many personal actions that have deeper or extended consequences like having a kid. In a way, i could have less scrutiny in having a kid than adopting a stray pet... Had a 2 page questionnaire, 150 fee, and they actually talked like they wanted to come to my house for an inspection, lol. Im kinda w chauncy on upping the bar for impending parents...?

A bit of a tangent, since Sanger only allied with this group to get some traction for her own agenda. Remember women couldn't even vote in 1920 and in that light I believe was more interested in the Womens Rights aspects of the initiative. 

I recall the same sentiment from the Mein Kampf author, heavily debated to date.  its a slippery slope imo.
The discourse would likely prove burdensome for this forum=I'm out

peace

Eugenics? Funny you mentioned it.  This was a jolt for me, even. Guess where Herr Hitler got his ideas regarding the "Master Race" from? Would you believe ....

"The idea was created in the United States, and cultivated in California, decades before Hitler came to power. California eugenicists played an important, although little known, role in the American eugenics movement's campaign for ethnic cleansing. "

" In 1909, California became the third state to adopt such laws. Ultimately, eugenics practitioners coercively sterilized some 60,000 Americans, barred the marriage of thousands, forcibly segregated thousands in "colonies," and persecuted untold numbers in ways we are just learning. Before World War II, nearly half of coercive sterilizations were done in California, and even after the war, the state accounted for a third of all such surgeries. - See more at: http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1796#sthash.5WwdLRAx.dpuf"