Is Your Certification Doctor Qualified To Certify?

trichcycler

Yes I have memorized the entire law. I have read every proposal, opinion and brief. But please tell me what the average 85 year old stroke victim is suppose to do when the secretary comes in the room with a laptop instead of the doctor? Dr Bob has told me that this particular doctor has never done a "in person" interview, ever. How does this continue?

It's a danged shame that the courts would expect a patient to prove a "bona fide" doctor-patient relationship.  I see nothing in the act that puts such onus on the patient.  Certainly if the patient was fraudulent in his dealing with a Dr., such as supplying fake medical records, there could be a question of fact in court. 

Yes I have memorized the entire law. I have read every proposal, opinion and brief. But please tell me what the average 85 year old stroke victim is suppose to do when the secretary comes in the room with a laptop instead of the doctor? Dr Bob has told me that this particular doctor has never done a "in person" interview, ever. How does this continue?

i dont think your 85yo guy will have any problem. i'm sorry that some posters here are giving you bunny muffin about it.

what should he do? find an in-person doctor.

i'm not piling on you gregrx. just trying to help. its a sad state when there arent even cert drs in some counties. let me know if theres anything i can do.

I never heard of Skype till this forum lol. I personally would avoid a Skype doc just for fear one of you guys would find out. Other than that... docs already write rx this way.

anyone can dial up a doc online and make a visit a reality from heir armchair. Nothing new there, and even praised by the docs and their associations. Now with mj its a no no. why?  I can only guess.

How many of those few in court with questionable doctors were pushing the limits in the first place?  I don't see a private grower within limits and following common sense in his private home garden...being hauled into court to explain how he visited his doctor.  I often see dispensary owners carrying on dictating laws for the rest of us when finished with their pleas.  I see dealers in court, not patients. I know there are exceptions, but lets face it thousands of normal patients are using cannabis freely and openly daily without hassle.  open a dispensary,  visit/sell to a dispensary, carry your stash on the front seat of your car, drive stinking, put price tags on your supply when driving around, these will get you in court, and have....now you gonna do some splainin on every aspect of your cannabis use, fail, plea bargain, and go back to being a patient.

But please tell me what the average 85 year old stroke victim is suppose to do when the secretary comes in the room with a laptop instead of the doctor? 

That's how most all medical appointments start out. That 'secretary' was probably a nurse. 

Not only how they start but how they end.  In my own experience with myself and also my kids at the pediatricians' office, you might wait an hour after your appointment time before a nurse or nurse's assistant takes you to the exam room and takes basic information like height, weight, pulse rate, and blood pressure.  After that, a physician's assistant might come in and talk for a couple of minutes.  Then you wait another half-hour to an hour in your skivvies  before the doctor comes to see you.  The Dr. might spend five minutes in the exam room with you and then he moves on to the next patient.  Assembly-line medicine.

My dad had a massive stroke about 15 years ago.  Once he was in the hospital and stabilized, I talked to the medical staff.  The resident Dr. told me, "We are just ER Docs; you need to talk to the recovery Doc."  That "recovery Doc" was my dad's physician for about 30 years.  He made his dutiful rounds at the hospital 2-3 days per week and maybe spent 15 minutes with each patient at best.  And assuming 15 minutes is generous.  In this case, my dad had lost his ability to speak and had no control over half of his body.  He went, overnight, from fully-functional to laying flat on his back in a hospital bed and wearing diapers.  His long-time Doc spent maybe five minutes with him the first day after being sent from ER to ICU. 

Once you experience a loved-one who has gone through the rigors of our current medical system, it should become clear that there is only so much a Doc can do.  I don't fault the Doc's.  I fault the system.  And the system should allow anyone with a severe and irreversible medical condition to seek whatever treatment is beneficial for them.  It's stupid to conclude that a patient hasn't exhausted all alternatives before he's eligible for MMJ.  It just might be that a hospice patient simply wants to live-out his last six-months smoking MMJ while watching reruns of Gilligan's Island, M*A*S*H, The Flying Nun, Leave it to Beaver, The Golden Girls, or the A-Team. 

Once you experience a loved-one who has gone through the rigors of our current medical system, it should become clear that there is only so much a Doc can do. I don't fault the Doc's. I fault the system. And the system should allow anyone with a severe and irreversible medical condition to seek whatever treatment is beneficial for them. It's stupid to conclude that a patient hasn't exhausted all alternatives before he's eligible for MMJ. It just might be that a hospice patient simply wants to live-out his last six-months smoking MMJ while watching reruns of Gilligan's Island, M*A*S*H, The Flying Nun, Leave it to Beaver, The Golden Girls, or the A-Team.

:blow-a-heart:

the system. ugh.

if your loved one goes into the ER with heart arrythmia , hes going to get treated like a heart patient.

even if it was his new prescription causing the problem the whole time. hes still going to get put on heart medications. hes going to get heart scans up the wazoo (literally).

the ER docs wont look at his new prescription to see if it causes the problem. the cardiac doctors wont look at his new prescriptions. even if you WRITE IT ON THE PATIENTS WHITEBOARD ASKING THEM TO CHECK IT OUT.

the guy i put in the hospital told me the med students laughed at my note on the whiteboard. the ER guy didnt believe or care, while i was talking to him and his heart monitor sounded like ww3. his original dr that changed his prescriptions didnt care either when i told him that new medicine caused the trouble.

you know whos laughing now?

the guy i drove to two different hospitals. because the first hospital wanted to electroshock his heart to fix it.

because i never gave up on him.

because i got him to get back on his old prescription.

hes still kicking, off all of those horrible heart pills and anti-blood clot injections too.

i saved one person from dying in the system. it was a tough battle.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/UCM169494.pdf

Dear Healthcare Professional:

The prescribing information for TOPAMAX ® (topiramate/topiramate capsules)

Tablets/Sprinkle Capsules has been revised to include a warning that TOPAMAX

causes hyperchloremic, non-anion gap metabolic acidosis (decreased serum

bicarbonate).

Conditions or therapies that predispose to acidosis (such as renal disease, severe

respiratory disorders, status epilepticus, diarrhea, surgery, ketogenic diet, or drugs)

may be additive to the bicarbonate lowering effects of topiramate.

Some manifestations of acute or chronic metabolic acidosis may include hyperventilation,

nonspecific symptoms such as fatigue and anorexia, or more severe sequelae including

cardiac arrhythmias or stupor.

why doesnt the hospital , cardiac docs and/or neurologist take 20 minutes to google and read the safety alerts on the only prescription medication patient was on?

why would two hospitals try to electro shock a heart arrhythmia instead of adjusting the prescription medication?

Not only how they start but how they end.  In my own experience with myself and also my kids at the pediatricians' office, you might wait an hour after your appointment time before a nurse or nurse's assistant takes you to the exam room and takes basic information like height, weight, pulse rate, and blood pressure.  After that, a physician's assistant might come in and talk for a couple of minutes.  Then you wait another half-hour to an hour in your skivvies  before the doctor comes to see you.  The Dr. might spend five minutes in the exam room with you and then he moves on to the next patient.  Assembly-line medicine.

My dad had a massive stroke about 15 years ago.  Once he was in the hospital and stabilized, I talked to the medical staff.  The resident Dr. told me, "We are just ER Docs; you need to talk to the recovery Doc."  That "recovery Doc" was my dad's physician for about 30 years.  He made his dutiful rounds at the hospital 2-3 days per week and maybe spent 15 minutes with each patient at best.  And assuming 15 minutes is generous.  In this case, my dad had lost his ability to speak and had no control over half of his body.  He went, overnight, from fully-functional to laying flat on his back in a hospital bed and wearing diapers.  His long-time Doc spent maybe five minutes with him the first day after being sent from ER to ICU. 

Once you experience a loved-one who has gone through the rigors of our current medical system, it should become clear that there is only so much a Doc can do.  I don't fault the Doc's.  I fault the system.  And the system should allow anyone with a severe and irreversible medical condition to seek whatever treatment is beneficial for them.  It's stupid to conclude that a patient hasn't exhausted all alternatives before he's eligible for MMJ.  It just might be that a hospice patient simply wants to live-out his last six-months smoking MMJ while watching reruns of Gilligan's Island, M*A*S*H, The Flying Nun, Leave it to Beaver, The Golden Girls, or the A-Team. 

I prefer Rocky and Bullwinkle.

There is a reported shortage of doctors. Boomers are flooding the system. We and our parents are living longer than ever before and require immense resources. This is why I recommend medical careers to young people. Trained professionals are very much in demand, the earning potential is quite good, and the work is stimulating and satisfying.