Right. As you use more power the charges go up. There are tiers of usage with different rates. 

Yea looking at my bill w/o a smart meter seems to be on tiers like you say!

I dont have a large grow so it realy dont make alot of difference, my whole house is electric accept my oven/stove and propane furnace, the blower is electric of course!

Good info!

Peace

whats your schedule like webfoot, i mean , not being able to get into the grow room (with a light) until 7pm or before 11am.

does it bother you not being able to check on plants at say 12noon when lights are off?

do my veg during the day. Don't check the bud room until after 7pm. It sux a bit but worth the savings. A buddy told me about having my smart meter changed and im very glad he did. Well worth the savings to me.

Did you guys see that in some parts of Texas, where there are a lot of power generating wind mills, people get free power at night?

We need some of that action here. 

That would be great! The money saved would then be passed on to Dick DeVos, Jay Van Andel and Matty Maroun!