Who Wants To Manage A Class A Garden W 500 Plants ?

trichcycler

I guess my point is that it's pretty much a fool's errand to think that a CG is likely to line-up five patients who buy 4 oz per month at $225 per. I wouldn't be surprised if some CGs manage such a feat, but this is an unrealistic expectation. It's like those miracle diet paid-programs you see on TV. They show one successful person, who isn't normal by any stretch, and then disclaim the hell out of their program and say "results aren't typical."

Exactly. It's definitely possibly, just not probable, or repeatable. And it's not because people are failures. That's an insult where there should not be one. Unreality as in injury with an insult on top. 

Agreed Highlander
easy to recall;

"50 grand a year yeah not in this state not without selling to the black market."

"black market, studying the market, not here" are blanket false accusatory statements and uncalled for. These ring of those who assume things like growing to limits is a sign of dealing, or smelling like cannabis must mean under the influence. These statements are absurd, they divide all cannabis users, and prove nothing but a mindset. the math shows it can be done, that's simple. how you say? that's a whole nother thread. I do chuckle at the "Since I cannot perform this task, then nobody can, and if somehow they discover how to, they must be a demon criminal.   pathetic.  its just math.

on to a tangent, maybe more interesting conversation too.. 

Typical results in this industry are substandard meds ime. From a half dozen dispensaries, to sampling other gardens. Is it because of those low overhead gardens that the sick poor patients are satisfied ?  Should we all cut costs, skip the ac units, who needs a dehuey, pass around mite infested guessing clones, maybe use sprays to "cure" the molds, instead of proper atmospheric controls so that gram a week patients can stay with herb?  really ?  what of the growers who don't operate on a shoe string, ones who keep everything tip top, genetics, air quality, water testing, mold prevention, security?  No gram a week patient will ever have access to that garden. Should we now be thankful there are some who are willing to cut corners ?

be the change, strive to be the best that you can, help those who you are able to help. "don't fuss over the crabs getting out of the bucket, your turn is next"

5 qualified patients registered to one cg, using one ounce per week @ 225 per hits the mark for 50k+ gross income.

Well ive yet to find 5 that use that much a week the majority of patients that ive worked with were on disability they could not afford $800 a month out of a $1300 disability check .

So anyway... back to this "A grower needs to have been a registered caregiver for 2 years" part of the legislation. This apparently means that not just any old person with money can become a grower. Right?

Why is this clause in the bill?

To make sure California and Colorado interests can't take the market from Michigan men.

Well ive yet to find 5 that use that much a week the majority of patients that ive worked with were on disability they could not afford $800 a month out of a $1300 disability check..

Disabilities is common in the registry I find also. I cant supply 20 ounces per month either....way too much work for these old bones. Not sure where you find your patients, but this could be key. If those are the patients you seek you'll have to try searching in new areas maybe? In my interviews I ask simple questions, after I determine compatibility. Favorite cannabis effects? worse cannabis effects? expected monthly usage? meet or home delivery? monthly cannabis budget? things like that to narrow down the position available and match it to the patients expectations.

If a patient said cannabis makes them paranoid, or they never used it before, or they need more than I can comfortably supply for instance , I move on politely. If my garden position produces an uninterrupted supply of 2.5 ounces per month, and that patient is cycling out of the garden...to avoid culling plants or upsetting my delicate perpetual system, I of course only consider a replacement if they are able to use the same or similar amount.  In a sense I choose how much to produce, how much I need to continue my brand of servicing, and who is privy to those garden spots. I would empty the spot before I compromised with a less than ideal patient. I require consistency to continue.

Like you I have operating costs. As you've seen yours are near twice mine. It happens. You'll require a different patient than others maybe to fit your bill. But if I can grow for near half of the power that you use, find patients who will accept my offerings, and everyone is happy....somethings got to give, and all things are possible.

Many of my past patients are caregivers now and report the same bliss I do. They didn't ever grow a plant until they met me usually. they use the same perpetual system, same patient management procedures, same genetics often too....and of course, report the blissful repeatable results that I enjoy. I'm always on the hunt for a higher efficiency rate, better patient management skills, more interesting genetics.

hang in there, help those you know you can help properly, and get what you want, want what you have.

Its hard to see beyond our own choices. We know we worked hard to get to them, and just cant see other better  options as the final choice is made, or else we'd take them. I opened my mind up to my personal caregiver guru(now passed away) and was taught some wisdom that keeps me going strong. I like what I do, others like it even more, and I get awesome results. I am going to continue to do the things I do, because I like the results I'm getting  year after year after year. One past patient knew they would never be able to grow a plant, and they were right!  

if you think you can or cant do something, you are right. 

peace

kingD- there are developed places where patients wait for good compassionate growers. You could set search parameters and only communicate with those who' live within a few miles, or 50 miles away, those who need a gram a week, or 2 ounces, those who wish to barer for their supply sans the cash, ages, monthly budgets, and everything in between can be set by yourself, leaving your box full of only the types of patients you desire.  search google for caregiver services or the like. I've found a few that function perfectly. doesn't mean only the best patients show up looking either, jokers are net abound. deep interviews go a long way towards a positive outcome. good luck

I am thinking there must be a lot of money to be made being a caregiver and we all missed it.  The reason I say this is I just got a mailing from MiLegalize for a fundraiser where the expected donations go from $500 to $5K.     

FLINT – special high end fundraiser hosted by attorney Bruce Leach

WHEN - Friday October 16, 2015, from 7 to 9 PM

WHERE - the Flint Golf Club West Room, 3100 Lakewood Drive, Flint, MI

SPEAKERS - will include local and statewide elected officials, MILegalize board members, and attorney Bruce Leach.

PLEASE COME!  This will be an elegant and informative evening and a big boost for MILegalize. Drinks and food will be donated by the Kirsch Leach and Associates Law firm.

LEVELS OF SUPPORT: GOLD - $1000, PLATINUM $2000, GREEN $5000

GRAND RAPIDS

On Thursday October 29th from 6pm to 9pm we will be having a fundraising cocktail party with a stellar program at Richard App Gallery located at 910 Cherry SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506.

We will have fabulous hors d'oeuvres from Kangaroo Kitchen plus wine and great Michigan beer.

The ticket price is $150 general admission,

$500 Supporter,

$1000 Friend,

$2500 Hero. Tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite or our website MILegalize.com/donate or by contacting the MI Legalize office at 884-LEGAL-16. For more information please contact Michael Tuffelmire at 616-589-6776.”

DETROIT

The date is set - October 28th - for our Detroit Fundraiser at the Roostertail!

This will be our biggest effort.

The end of October is the end of the current $100,000 matching period. 

Drinks and a full dinner will be provided, along with an excellent cast of speakers & hopefully a surprise guest!

Doors Open at 6:00/Dinner at 7:00 with Auction immediately following.

DONATION LEVELS – Supporter -$500 per person or $800 per couple. Sustainer Level Donor - $1000   Gold Level Donor  $1400     Platinum Level Donor $2500     Green Level Donor $5000

I am thinking there must be a lot of money to be made being a caregiver and we all missed it.  The reason I say this is I just got a mailing from MiLegalize for a fundraiser where the expected donations go from $500 to $5K.     

The joke is on them. Get yourself another good laugh OR use their greed to make you think you are missing out ....... Only true market exposure will set you free of the greed. Most folks are totally clueless and are looking at a plan on paper before they get their first hard punch in the mouth. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. 

The only true happiness with cannabis comes from freedom, not chains. You can take that to the bank. Forget about the $$$$. Once you forget about the money she will take care of you. It's hard to do. It's happens by accident most times. But when it happens, how sweet it is. 

Edited by Restorium2

So anyway... back to this "A grower needs to have been a registered caregiver for 2 years" part of the legislation. This apparently means that not just any old person with money can become a grower. Right?

Why is this clause in the bill?

I think they changed the wording....you don't have to have been a caregiver to obtain a license....you just have to employ one.  That should open it up for rich people that know nothing about cannabis.

I think they changed the wording....you don't have to have been a caregiver to obtain a license....you just have to employ one.  That should open it up for rich people that know nothing about cannabis.

Now that's funny. Seriously funny stuff there. True and funny. Ignorant people that make the world go round ...... being parted with their monies.