Handheld Cannabis Analyzer

Kingdiamond

Just save your money.

I am not being 'negative' I am positively saving people money.  Use that cash to go to the Bahamas for the weekend or something.

I applaud them for trying to advance technology, but...

But hey. Someone sold pet rocks. Maybe this will be that much fun.

again.  ya'll are talking bunny muffin about something you dont understand.  I know you hate testing. blah blah blah, I dont give a flying fak.

maybe i am being to negative on the product, i never used one before.

20% margin of error:

Below you will find cannabinoid
percentages and terpenoid amounts that are within 20% of gas chromatography standards you would
get at a certified testing lab.

Yep.  You are.

20% margin of error =  + or - 10%

If a given sample is tested as 22% THC and the margin of error is plus or minus 10 percent then the error is 10 percent of 22.  This equals 2.2 percent.  Thus the range is within 20-24%.  This seems like a very acceptable accuracy range for a $700 product compared to a $70,000 GC+MS.

But I'm sure everyone who is talking smack has majored in statistics and understand this.  *SMH*

Oh ya,  I forgot, one of the posters above is such an expert he can quantify terpene ratios with his nose!
Some of you people are ignorant as hell.  How can you assess a device you've never used and have no knowledge of how it works.  Fuk, you dont even understand basic statistics.  You should keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.  Go argue about some other bullsh!t.

I know someone personally that purchased one....it sucks.  Usually doesn't give a reading at all.  After dozens of attempts and a software update its still a POS.  Save your money.  I watched him try and test a sample....it acted as if there was nothing there.

Maybe he doesn't know how to use it right.  Who knows.  I've never used one of these but it's pretty neat technology. 

again.  ya'll are talking bunny muffin about something you dont understand.  I know you hate testing. blah blah blah, I dont give a flying fak.

Yep.  You are.

If a given sample is tested as 22% THC and the margin of error is plus or minus 10 percent then the error is 10 percent of 22.  This equals 2.2 percent.  Thus the range is within 20-24%.  This seems like a very acceptable accuracy range for a $700 product compared to a $70,000 GC+MS.

But I'm sure everyone who is talking smack has majored in statistics and understand this.  *SMH*

Oh ya,  I forgot, one of the posters above is such an expert he can quantify terpene ratios with his nose!

Some of you people are ignorant as hell.  How can you assess a device you've never used and have no knowledge of how it works.  Fuk, you dont even understand basic statistics.  You should keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.  Go argue about some other bullsh!t.

Maybe he doesn't know how to use it right.  Who knows.  I've never used one of these but it's pretty neat technology. 

Pretty simple to use...put a very tiny sample in and push the button

i dont have any knowledge of how it works because they havent told us how it works. i checked the site and even the operators manual and found nothing.

theres some kind of replaceable sensor. that much we know.

does it heat the sample? does it blow air over the sample?

the manual says using it in a smokey room will upset the reading.

the manual says not to use too dry bud, because it needs to sniff the bud that still has moisture.

my opinion on testing?

its a difficult subject.

each bud on a single plant can have different cannabinoid amounts. right?

anyone know how much a single plant can vary from bud to bud?

the cannabinoid amounts and ratios , as far as i have seen, do not correlate with medical symptom relief. what i mean is that a 15% thc 6% cbd is not more or less likely to work for pain than a 20% thc 1% cbd.

i dont have any knowledge of how it works because they havent told us how it works. i checked the site and even the operators manual and found nothing.

theres some kind of replaceable sensor. that much we know.

does it heat the sample? does it blow air over the sample?

the manual says using it in a smokey room will upset the reading.

the manual says not to use too dry bud, because it needs to sniff the bud that still has moisture.

my opinion on testing?

its a difficult subject.

each bud on a single plant can have different cannabinoid amounts. right?

anyone know how much a single plant can vary from bud to bud?

the cannabinoid amounts and ratios , as far as i have seen, do not correlate with medical symptom relief. what i mean is that a 15% thc 6% cbd is not more or less likely to work for pain than a 20% thc 1% cbd.

Just keep reporting what you see as an individual patient tester. From what I see in my own personal medical use I concur with the bolded statement above. You can't tell people they are wrong about what they perceive first hand. Everyone is different yet they keep trying to prove us wrong by making us all fit in the same box that the mechanical tester put us in. Some folks will claim they have it all figured out down to the fraction of a percent. Some of us know they are just fooling hard ......  Like Steve King says, "We are best at fooling ourselves".  That's how he writes, put a little truth out there and make the rest up, and that's the way these testers do it too, for money. 

Yep.  You are.

Actually I do understand this.  You have been sucked into marketing.  They claim a +- compared to a test that has a +-.

You need to start with the +-of the GC and then add in the +- of this handheld device. 

Also, typically when in t he context of testing, a 20 percent margin of error is measured as +-20%. A gc can have such numbers,..soooo.

It is easier to simply guess someones weight at a carnival, and more accurate.

As I said, I appreciate their tech advances, but this isn't ready for any serious prime time.