Help Ohio Legalize Marijuana

t-pain

i'm only going by the "tax it already" comments in newspaper articles that i read online about legalization in various states.

its just my opinion based on what i read, could be biased, etc.

maybe someone should ask quinnipac to do a poll and ask people if they are more in favor of tax and regulate or complete decrim?

heres a poll from new hampshire that did it

unfortunately i think the idiots they get on the phone (and also idiots who vote, and just general public are idiots) dont actually understand the difference between decrim, legal, tax, regulate, illegal etc.

http://www.wmur.com/blob/view/-/34322598/data/1/-/mnlcu3z/-/GSP-Marijuana.pdf

Preference for Marijuana Laws

When asked what they would prefer the state legislature do with marijuana laws,

51% want marijuana legalized and taxed like alcohol,

22% want it decriminalized,

24% want to keep marijuana laws as they are now and

3% don’t know or are unsure.

This measure has stayed steady over the last year.

Majorities of Democrats (57%) and Independents (58%) prefer legalizing and taxing marijuana, while Republicans are more divided on the issue as 42% prefer legalization and 36% prefer keeping laws the way they are now.

but you can see the other polls decrim is at 60%

tax and regulate is at 55%

but sell in liquor stores is at 70%

so what the hell do these numbers mean anyway?

Not much.  But the poll that does matter is the 2008 MMJ ballot.   We the people Voted to grow our own Medical Marijuana or have someone help us with that.  NO TAX on Meds

Medicine is the Priority

If it goes recreational,  it should be regarded as a Cottage Industry and taxed just like the tomato farmer.  No additional restrictive licenses or fees or ordinances.

No catch 22, No loopholes,  simple and fair.  

Not gonna happen. We need to be on the same page for comparison. You are not going to be able to have a pound at your home either. And more people will be arrested for improper transport and other little knick picky things they can think of to squeeze money out of you. It's not all going to be the pie in the sky you speak of. Just look at who decides on the laws and realize that. People want one thing and law makers want another. We already know what happens with a voter initiative in that situation. Can we at least summon up a common reality? When you create a monopoly you need to realize what follows in the wake of it. 

You never know, how many other laws had a cartel of investors behind it.  Why wouldn't you be able to have a pound in your home if you have 2 adults? Why would you be arrested if it's reduced to civil fines.  Do you realize that less than 100 grams in your home in Ohio is a misdemeanor of least concern that carries no jail time and like a $250 fine?  I think you are blowing things out of proportion.  If the black market is still thriving in Co and such why wouldn't it just lower the arrests and bring it to the next level of acceptance till it just isn't on the radar anymore? You do realize things are changing, right?

You never know, how many other laws had a cartel of investors behind it.  Why wouldn't you be able to have a pound in your home if you have 2 adults? Why would you be arrested if it's reduced to civil fines.  Do you realize that less than 100 grams in your home in Ohio is a misdemeanor of least concern that carries no jail time and like a $250 fine?  I think you are blowing things out of proportion.  If the black market is still thriving in Co and such why wouldn't it just lower the arrests and bring it to the next level of acceptance till it just isn't on the radar anymore? You do realize things are changing, right?

Laws, and intent with laws, new and old, only change when you change out the law makers. If Ohio is like Michigan they need to change out their diaper load of law makers before they get unlimited marijuana. Right now they just use it to scare the pot phobes into a lather and get more bribes and votes from the conservatives. It's that trick where they pretend to be for something but they are in it (like Richardville ® was when you donated) just to advance themselves personally and never produce anything close to what you wanted. 

You said, "YOU NEVER KNOW".   If you pay attention you know. You should know that there's never going to be UNLIMITED plants for the competition to distribution center, mom's, clones, or whethever. It's going to be all about VERY LIMITED if you can participate on the supply side at all. You can participate on the buyer side only. It's a one sided dealeo. 

For medical at $60 for two years, being able to grow at home, that's not funding many cops to come kicking down your door. That's the difference.

Up to 3million bucks a year of it...  :dodgyrun:

As far as taxing marijuana, people support taxes such as a standard sales tax when sold commercially. 6% in Michigan on retail products. Not all these excise and sin taxes added on.  So, tax and regulate is a sneaky phrase and abused liberally. It is the answer to the next question " And what do you mean by tax and regulate/?" That is where everything goes haywire.

$60 license fee seems to be a tax of a medical marijuana patient.

i dont see oxycontin prescription patients having to pay $60 to the state every 2 years.

and that MMMP fund has been used to "educate" and "oversight" of patients by the jack booted thugs, to the tune of $3million.

but if you guys want to believe ... nothing i can do to help.

Up to 3million bucks a year of it...  :dodgyrun:

As far as taxing marijuana, people support taxes such as a standard sales tax when sold commercially. 6% in Michigan on retail products. Not all these excise and sin taxes added on.  So, tax and regulate is a sneaky phrase and abused liberally. It is the answer to the next question " And what do you mean by tax and regulate/?" That is where everything goes haywire.

I was just going to say that .....

Everyone not clued in thinks tax and regulate just means 6% sales tax. That would be fine with me. Know cares? Who would have thought that taxing could lead to totally selective restrictions? 

$60 license fee seems to be a tax of a medical marijuana patient.

i dont see oxycontin prescription patients having to pay $60 to the state every 2 years.

and that MMMP fund has been used to "educate" and "oversight" of patients by the jack booted thugs, to the tune of $3million.

but if you guys want to believe ... nothing i can do to help.

$60 is like the fee for the license. $60 to grow anonymously for two whole years. $60 to buy from who ever you want to for two years. That's a bargain made in heaven, like nothing you will ever see again. 

With quasi legalization the $60 will be paid by you the very first day you use the law. And again every time you use it. Some pay $10000 the first day. How the heck can you compare that? I don't need that kind of mind warp help.

Laws, and intent with laws, new and old, only change when you change out the law makers. If Ohio is like Michigan they need to change out their diaper load of law makers before they get unlimited marijuana. Right now they just use it to scare the pot phobes into a lather and get more bribes and votes from the conservatives. It's that trick where they pretend to be for something but they are in it (like Richardville ® was when you donated) just to advance themselves personally and never produce anything close to what you wanted. 

You said, "YOU NEVER KNOW".   If you pay attention you know. You should know that there's never going to be UNLIMITED plants for the competition to distribution center, mom's, clones, or whethever. It's going to be all about VERY LIMITED if you can participate on the supply side at all. You can participate on the buyer side only. It's a one sided dealeo. 

Again, you never know.  And I didn't donate to Richardville.  And I say you never know because YOU never KNOW.  At some point the first medical and legal laws passed when you were still saying it'll never happen.  As I said, $250 fine for less than 1/4lb. there. I think it's a little different there.

Again, you never know.  And I didn't donate to Richardville.  And I say you never know because YOU never KNOW.  At some point the first medical and legal laws passed when you were still saying it'll never happen.  As I said, $250 fine for less than 1/4lb. there. I think it's a little different there.

I took you at your word. Different day different story. You complained about it on this web site. 

And what happened to the voter initiative medical laws in every state? Answer: The law makers changed them to match their own ideals. 

So you look at the ideals and past actions of the law makers to know what they will do in the future. That's how you know. It's how the game is played. 

Edited by Restorium2

I took you at your word. Different day different story. You complained about it on this web site. 

Huh?  I may have complained that people were against donating and took the route of what choice do we have.  You tend to either not pay attention or just don't catch the gist of my posts.  You also thought I only took CBD.  Sorry but I can't take you at your word.

So the lawmakers were able to CHANGE to MMMA without the citizens who voted it in's approval?  I thought they just interpretted it wrong because of the wording. If the wording is there and the citizens vote it in, what can the politicians do?

Edited by Norby

Huh?  I may have complained that people were against donating and took the route of what choice do we have.  You tend to either not pay attention or just don't catch the gist of my posts.  You also thought I only took CBD.  Sorry but I can't take you at your word.

So the lawmakers were able to CHANGE to MMMA without the citizens who voted it in's approval?  I thought they just interpretted it wrong because of the wording. If the wording is there and the citizens vote it in, what can the politicians do?

Change it. You know that. Why play dumb? Seriously.

The lawmakers aren't the only problem. They are back stopped by the courts in my opinion.

Consider an alternate universe where the MI Supreme Court had ruled patient-to-patient transfers were legal.

Instead of impartial and unbiased reasoning, court opinions seem universally in favor of continuing Prohibition. In doing so courts wantonly disregard the intent of the voters and what is of most benefit to citizens in general, choosing instead to rule in favor of the big government elites.

Edited by outsideinthecold

The lawmakers aren't the only problem. They are back stopped by the courts in my opinion.

Consider an alternate universe where the MI Supreme Court had ruled patient-to-patient transfers were legal.

Instead of impartial and unbiased reasoning, court opinions seem universally in favor of continuing Prohibition. In doing so courts wantonly disregard the intent of the voters and what is of most benefit to citizens in general, choosing instead to rule in favor of the big government elites.

Universally?  Have you followed anything in Genesee co.?  I think it's more selective where certain areas have moved on.  COA has even been smacked by the MISC in blatant overstepping. 

Universally?  Have you followed anything in Genesee co.?  I think it's more selective where certain areas have moved on.  COA has even been smacked by the MISC in blatant overstepping. 

Only because of the local prosecutor. He doesn't factor into voter initiatives and politicians changing them. We tried to move him up into a better position of strength without any luck. Instead we have Schuette, forgot to mention him also. The deck is stacked.

Change it. You know that. Why play dumb? Seriously.

I see, so the politicians have been able to open the MMMA?  Why didn't they do it with the transport law?

It's not as certain as you say.  You seem to use definite outcomes when you are not understanding what definite means I think.  And didn't they contemplate saying it's unconstitutional in Ohio to make a cartel?  Did that stop it?  Have the politicians stopped it yet?  Were the politicians able to change the plant counts and limits here since 08?  Wasn't it not till 2013 that they were able to rule dispensaries illegal(patient to patient).  Why did it take 5 years and what happened in the meantime?  I still see dispensaries and farmers mkt's in certain areas.  Really, don't just throw out things that are happening just because it doesn't fit your doom and gloom scenerio.  I swear a full out decrim bill would be up and you'd still be paranoid against it.  If your beef is with the politicians why even speak on bills, we know your view, none of them matter because politicians suck.

I see, so the politicians have been able to open the MMMA?  Why didn't they do it with the transport law?

It's not as certain as you say.  You seem to use definite outcomes when you are not understanding what definite means I think.  And didn't they contemplate saying it's unconstitutional in Ohio to make a cartel?  Did that stop it?  Have the politicians stopped it yet?  Were the politicians able to change the plant counts and limits here since 08?  Wasn't it not till 2013 that they were able to rule dispensaries illegal(patient to patient).  Why did it take 5 years and what happened in the meantime?  I still see dispensaries and farmers mkt's in certain areas.  Really, don't just throw out things that are happening just because it doesn't fit your doom and gloom scenerio.  I swear a full out decrim bill would be up and you'd still be paranoid against it.  If your beef is with the politicians why even speak on bills, we know your view, none of them matter because politicians suck.

Most everyone in touch with our branches of government is on the same page. Like Zap said, "Prohibitionists are looking for a better way than failed prohibition to take away our marijuana". 

They do need a 75% vote to change a voter initiative. The more unrestricted a law is the more chances they can get their 75%. They hate how unrestricted(in their minds) the Act is. They tell us almost every day about it. They tell us they want to end home grows. What more do you need to know?

Just end the war on drugs, don't give it a disguise. 

If you don't move forward you stay in the same place.  We aren't talking about mi and the med law, you started using it as the main focus, I used it as an example that you are wrong, you pick and choose what you want from situations to "prove" your point and throw out all the good that has come from it and how much it has moved the goalpost.  I don't think we'd be talking about legalization without it.  Steps.

You are right, SOME politicians will look for any way.  We would'nt have a medical law here if people waited.  Are people still getting arrested, yes, but less people are getting arrested.  You stay the same I'll push for change.  Your view of jumping strait to decrim is a radical view still.  If you hold out for that nothing will ever change.

If you don't move forward you stay in the same place.  We aren't talking about mi and the med law, you started using it as the main focus, I used it as an example that you are wrong, you pick and choose what you want from situations to "prove" your point and throw out all the good that has come from it and how much it has moved the goalpost.  I don't think we'd be talking about legalization without it.  Steps.

You are right, SOME politicians will look for any way.  We would'nt have a medical law here if people waited.  Are people still getting arrested, yes, but less people are getting arrested.  You stay the same I'll push for change.  Your view of jumping strait to decrim is a radical view still.  If you hold out for that nothing will ever change.

Why do you want more marijuana laws? Why not have less?