Seeking Help

My name is Eric, I'm 29 years old, and I just recently moved to mid-Michigan.  I was born with a very rare gastrointestinal disease known as Peutz Jeghers syndrome.  When I was 10 years old, medical malpractice caused me to have intestinal gangrene.  I was in the hospital for 27 days, I needed 9 blood transfusions, and I barely survived.  Over 90 percent of patients with my condition end up with cancer at some point in their lives.  I have countless medical records.  I experience constant organ pain and I have post traumatic stress disorder.

A large majority of the public supports medical marijuana but I believe there is something that some of them are not aware of.  Most people who need medical marijuana the most end up in section 8 housing for the disabled, which are federal buildings where possession can lead to eviction.  Even if federal law eventually got changed, these are smoke free buildings and public use is not permitted even in legal states - so, no matter what, people in these homes have no way of using it.

Medication either constipates me, gives me headaches, makes me sweaty, or makes me dependent.  Medical marijuana clears up almost all of my pain, helps my nausea, clears up my ptsd, helps me sleep and eat, and gives me energy.  When I moved to Michigan, I got a card and was able to be pain-free for 2 months.  My roommate and I had disagreements and now I'm living in a federal disability apartment completely alone.  I have to choose between pain relief and shelter.  I would be homeless if I tried it.  I have to accept stabbing abdominal pain on a daily basis and the fact that I might not ever be able to use it again.  Even if something were to allow it, I have no car to travel to the clinics that give cards when it's time to renew and I wouldn't be able to afford much medication with my disability checks.

My question is - do I have any other options?  I spoke to someone on the internet who said that some states actually have housing for the disabled that aren't federal where I would be able to use the cannabis medication - but I was never able to figure out what they were talking about.  It honestly seems like my only hope is to somehow find a way to provide for myself and afford my own home - but I don't know how I can do that with all my pain and medical difficulties.  I don't wish to be co-dependent either - I have trouble trusting people.  Is there anything I can do?  If they exist, what were these non-federal disability homes that this person spoke of?  Is there anyway I can get assistance or get my story out?  Please, I'm in so much pain.  Plus, I've been told that cannabis oil has been shown to fight cancer and I'm absolutely terrified of the idea of chemotherapy.

I don't see a contact option on that link and I'm a little confused by this suggestion.

the michigan senate judiciary head, senator rick jones, has penned a bill that would allow landlords to discriminate against medical marijuana patients and where they can live.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2015-SB-0072

i asked you to send your story about how difficult it is to get a place to live, to senator rick jones and the entire judicial committee because i feel that your story may help them to realize how stupid SB 72 or other amendments to other bills are.

the only contact info on that page is for the committee clerk, who can distribute testimony amongst all of the committee. you have to click on each committee' members page to get individual contact info, and if you want to write to these people, i hope that you would do so...

Michigan Senate Judiciary Committee Clerk : OfcSMCC@senate.michigan.gov | 517-373-1721

my suggestion to do this is not an answer to your question. however, what senator rick jones is doing right now will affect you and every other medical marijuana patient and caregiver in the state.

as for state-funded housing? i will do some digging and try to find out what i can.

here is the info for the state low income housing programs

https://www.michigan.gov/mshda/0,4641,7-141-5555_41269---,00.html

some are federal and some are michigan based.

i will also try to find some organizations that help people find places to stay.

here is the list of local housing departments in michigan.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/public_indian_housing/pha/contacts/mi

please give a local one a call and find out more info...

http://julieslist.homestead.com/EmergencyHousing.html

http://julieslist.homestead.com/housingresources.html

https://www.nhlp.org/help#housing

you might be able to find a caregiver who can work with you to supply you with medication. although, a few mmj patients have been kicked out of sec8 housing already for using mj.

so you have to figure it out what you want to do.

are you able to conceal your mmj usage in federal housing?

do you want to fight in fed court for the right to use mmj? like irv rosenfeld did to get in the IND program (one of only a handful of federal mmj patients, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassionate_Investigational_New_Drug_program )

do you want to move to a friendlier home?

good luck!

for now, vaporize your medicine

I can help you most likely. what city are you near ?

I know this subject can be offensive to people, including the website itself. At least it has been in the past.

Hopefully you can help grassmatch.

Personally, the only thing I believe will be most helpful in more than one way, in regards to cannabis use, would be concentrated cannabis oil, RSO, decarbed cannabis oil, whatever you choose to call it. I know that is not exactly grassmatch's thing, but I am sure he is very capable of making quality oil.

I highly recommend following the rick simpson method, with some fine tuning.

If grassmatch is not close to shenmue, I may know of someone who is. This grower has shown me some of the nicest pictures I have seen and has been around for quite some time. Also, I believe he would be willing to make the oil.

If you can get the oil already made, I have always recommend to patients to make the oil themselves, but if you cannot, getting a good caregiver is your best option. I also believe oil is the best option medicinally and considering your living arrangements. One drop of oil is like a gram of bud. Basically no smell and easy to conceal. It is ingested. Ingesting is far superior to vaping or smoking.

For me, one rice grain size dose and I am baked for an entire day with the RSO method (using alcohol as a solvent). I didn't believe it when I first learned about it, but tried it anyway just to see. It has proven to be true for me and my 2 cancer patients, who are still cancer free. I take it daily for preventative maintenance.

Here is a link to my blog about my experience with cannabis oil. I mention more in my blog besides the oil.  http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-841-my-experience-with-rick-simpson-oil-cannabis-oil-vs-cancer/#commentsStart

I don't agree with modern, harsh treatments, but I do agree with this. I highly recommend to read this article. http://draxe.com/steve-jobs-twenty-year-battle-with-pancreatic-cancer/

I know this subject can be offensive to people, including the website itself. At least it has been in the past.

Hopefully you can help grassmatch.

Personally, the only thing I believe will be most helpful in more than one way, in regards to cannabis use, would be concentrated cannabis oil, RSO, decarbed cannabis oil, whatever you choose to call it. I know that is not exactly grassmatch's thing, but I am sure he is very capable of making quality oil.

I highly recommend following the rick simpson method, with some fine tuning.

If grassmatch is not close to shenmue, I may know of someone who is. This grower has shown me some of the nicest pictures I have seen and has been around for quite some time. Also, I believe he would be willing to make the oil.

If you can get the oil already made, I have always recommend to patients to make the oil themselves, but if you cannot, getting a good caregiver is your best option. I also believe oil is the best option medicinally and considering your living arrangements. One drop of oil is like a gram of bud. Basically no smell and easy to conceal. It is ingested. Ingesting is far superior to vaping or smoking.

For me, one rice grain size dose and I am baked for an entire day with the RSO method (using alcohol as a solvent). I didn't believe it when I first learned about it, but tried it anyway just to see. It has proven to be true for me and my 2 cancer patients, who are still cancer free. I take it daily for preventative maintenance.

Here is a link to my blog about my experience with cannabis oil. I mention more in my blog besides the oil.  http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-841-my-experience-with-rick-simpson-oil-cannabis-oil-vs-cancer/#commentsStart

I don't agree with modern, harsh treatments, but I do agree with this. I highly recommend to read this article. http://draxe.com/steve-jobs-twenty-year-battle-with-pancreatic-cancer/

I'd be fine with oil.  I just don't think I'd be capable of making it.  The messages I got from grassmatch confused me a bit and I don't think he's nearby.  I might be wrong but I think he was just giving me the name of a dispensary nearby.  I'd like to know about the person you may know that might help, please.

I can't even begin to describe how it makes me feel that I might die from cancer because of all the lies behind prohibition...

Edited by shenmue

I'd be fine with oil.  I just don't think I'd be capable of making it.  The messages I got from grassmatch confused me a bit and I don't think he's nearby.  I might be wrong but I think he was just giving me the name of a dispensary nearby.  I'd like to know about the person you may know that might help, please.

I can't even begin to describe how it makes me feel that I might die from cancer because of all the lies behind prohibition...

PM sent

I wasn't concerned for your housing issues, sorry. But I did get up on a contact for you nearby. This person will help you if he can, and is nearby. I didn't want ot call out his name in the forums. You may have already contacted him not sure, but did you tell him of your financial situation, if not , please do.

The links to eh nearby centers was to help you get started in contacting each of them. Some of these places are full of compassion, some full of chit, but you can discern them according to your needs.

The delivery option was what I was aiming for, o immediately get your meds to you. If you were a couple hours closer I would give you what you needed at no cost, today, and show you how to use it without detection as growgoddess was referring to.   I don't suggest making any oils inside of your current living situation for the wonderful odor it produces during evaporation will surely expose the jig there. Don't be afraid to ask those places for some help, you'd be surprised at the compassion some of us will offer another in need. Even ask for meds here in the forums, someone(already did) will help.\

peace

on the up and up, if/when you get hassled by the feds for medicating in your home be sure to let us know. I hope a pro bono defense would be yours.

anyone who wants a detroit squat house to live rent free and often, utilities for free, can have one.  as of july 2014 the wayne county commissioners said 33,000+ houses in detroit are squatted.  if you're ever rousted, it's a misdemeanor, $50 ticket.  maybe you just didn't know, but now you do.  what are you waiting for? 

Edited by pic book

anyone who wants a detroit squat house to live rent free and often, utilities for free, can have one. as of july 2014 the wayne county commissioners said 33,000+ houses in detroit are squatted. if you're ever rousted, it's a misdemeanor, $50 ticket. maybe you just didn't know, but now you do. what are you waiting for?

lol.....

I'd be fine with oil.  I just don't think I'd be capable of making it. 

It's easy to make. A number of people try to make it seem harder than it needs to be. All you need is some bud and some high proof alcohol, either ethanol or isopropyl.

1. Freeze both your bud and your high proof alcohol in separate containers.
  2. Shake them together for 15 minutes.
  3. Strain out the vegetable matter.
  4. Evaporate the alcohol off.
  5. Enjoy!

Even if something were to allow it, I have no car to travel to the clinics that give cards when it's time to renew and I wouldn't be able to afford much medication with my disability checks.

I don't think making oil is an option for the op. Considering an ounce of meds returns a few grams of oil, this op needs a compassionate cannabis donor while he reconsiders his current situation. The likelihood of free cannabis is greater than free oil imo. 

Is there a compassionate caregiver in the ops area willing to assist him towards a positive outcome?

Don't make oil myself, but would a crock pot outside or by a window work?

Butane gas, a popular solvent for mmj extraction is heavier than air and as a result it sinks and can become an explosive mixture at ground levels. Is this a risk factor when using alcohol?

Just curious, but how many folks I see using e-cigs are smoking mmj oil?