General Advice

Hi guys. I'm new to all this so this may be a long-winded post. Just have some general questions I can't seem to find straight answers for. 

I just recently got my card and haven't put it to use yet because I'm not sure where to start. I want to find a caregiver but am having a really hard time finding one in my area. I'm in the eastern UP and I don't mind if I have to do a little traveling if I find the right caregiver. Being new, I'm unsure of many things. Up until now, I was able to medicate with whatever I was able to get a hold of and I had to make that last. So, I'm not even sure of what strains I like or are most beneficial to me. Since I've never had regular, reliable access before, I'm not sure how much I even go through in a week, month, etc. It seems unfair to a potential caregiver to have me as a patient since I don't even know what I like or how much I would need on a regular basis. 

Also looking for advice on how to find a good caregiver. There seem to be so many people on here with stories of sketchy/unreliable caregivers. But there seem to be just as many caregivers looking for regular, reliable patients. Any advice on what I should look for in that regard? What can I do to ensure that I'm a good patient?

Also, what's the deal with dispensaries? There are none near me but I do travel fairly often to places that have them nearby. I know the prices are generally higher but it seems like it might be a good place to start so I could try a few different strains. I've read things about having to sign off on having your own plants or something to that effect? I have no interest, time or space to grow at this point in time. 

If there's a place where all this stuff is answered, please point me in that direction! Thanks!

Hi guys. I'm new to all this so this may be a long-winded post. Just have some general questions I can't seem to find straight answers for. 

I just recently got my card and haven't put it to use yet because I'm not sure where to start. I want to find a caregiver but am having a really hard time finding one in my area. I'm in the eastern UP and I don't mind if I have to do a little traveling if I find the right caregiver. Being new, I'm unsure of many things. Up until now, I was able to medicate with whatever I was able to get a hold of and I had to make that last. So, I'm not even sure of what strains I like or are most beneficial to me. Since I've never had regular, reliable access before, I'm not sure how much I even go through in a week, month, etc. It seems unfair to a potential caregiver to have me as a patient since I don't even know what I like or how much I would need on a regular basis. 

Also looking for advice on how to find a good caregiver. There seem to be so many people on here with stories of sketchy/unreliable caregivers. But there seem to be just as many caregivers looking for regular, reliable patients. Any advice on what I should look for in that regard? What can I do to ensure that I'm a good patient?

Also, what's the deal with dispensaries? There are none near me but I do travel fairly often to places that have them nearby. I know the prices are generally higher but it seems like it might be a good place to start so I could try a few different strains. I've read things about having to sign off on having your own plants or something to that effect? I have no interest, time or space to grow at this point in time. 

If there's a place where all this stuff is answered, please point me in that direction! Thanks!

Bump!!

I don't know anything about long winded posts

:P 

Your personal considerations in this post are the types of things I look for in a patient. I think you'll have a fine patient/caregiver experience. Be honest with your prospects and discuss every concern you have. I'd seek a cg with a few successful harvests at least and wouldnt get involved with deals or promises of future harvests. I wouldn't "invest" any money into someone else's garden if I were you. Asking about things like pest control methods, fertilizer source, flower lighting type, humidity/heat control, perpetual harvests, and drying methods will go along way towards understanding garden habits and techniques. Cannabis Cup winners are a great place to start for strain hunters. Be sure to ask about garden strain diversity.

Let us know when you find a suitable caregiver ?

peace, good fortune, and stick around!

Edited by grassmatch

see, your problems are not unique. all patients have the same problem.

"what strain works for me?"

is a question that everyone asks. so this is normal. i'd say most caregivers understand this fact.

worried about being not a great patient to a cg?

dont worry, just let the caregiver know that until you find something you like , you might not be buying much.

dispensaries are open , but are raided sometimes. most people here advise to never let a dispensary copy your card/id because if they are raided, they dont want that info getting into police hands.

theres around 170,000 patients in michigan, you are not alone. your worries are not unique, your problems are the same problems we all have to deal with. i hope you find something that works for you. good luck!

see, your problems are not unique. all patients have the same problem.

"what strain works for me?"

is a question that everyone asks. so this is normal. i'd say most caregivers understand this fact.

worried about being not a great patient to a cg?

dont worry, just let the caregiver know that until you find something you like , you might not be buying much.

dispensaries are open , but are raided sometimes. most people here advise to never let a dispensary copy your card/id because if they are raided, they dont want that info getting into police hands.

theres around 170,000 patients in michigan, you are not alone. your worries are not unique, your problems are the same problems we all have to deal with. i hope you find something that works for you. good luck!

Wow ! 

Great Post Mr. T-pain 

Thank you

Thanks guys! I figured my problems are not unique but couldn't quite find the right thread on here to get my questions answered. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

I find all of this tricky to navigate. I've talked to a few caregivers. Some are more understanding than others. I wish I had the time, space and expertise to grow my own but that's just not an option for me right now. Maybe down the road. Frankly, I wish I had stumbled onto the amazing abilities of mmj years ago. I'm in my early 30s and it's just not something I ever really experimented with until a couple years ago. Within months, I was off of all antidepressants and benzos my doc had me on and was pain free the majority of the time for the first time since I've been a teen. I'm sure I'm not unique in that regard either, but it's been mind blowing. I didn't think I'd ever feel like myself again, but it is possible with mmj. I also am hesitant for really anyone to know I'm a card holder. Just don't want the stigma, you know?

Again, thanks for all the help and kind words. Fingers crossed that I'll find the right CG for me soon!

Within months, I was off of all antidepressants and benzos my doc had me on and was pain free the majority of the time for the first time since I've been a teen. I'm sure I'm not unique in that regard either, but it's been mind blowing. I didn't think I'd ever feel like myself again, but it is possible with mmj.

Thanks for sharing that.

You wouldn't believe the number of my patients who share the same experience as you, all from a million year old herbal medicine, cheap, no deaths, pleasant effects and life changing results.

I hope you find a caregiver that offers plenty of variety for maximum positive experience. :)