Canada Might Be About To Legalize Recreational Marijuana

t-pain

canada just held its election and the liberal party has taken the majority of votes.

canada's liberal party leader, justin trudeau said he would legalize cannabis "right away" if elected.

Liberal leader Justin Trudeau has added marijuana legalization to his party platform, announcing recently that if elected, his party will work to legalize marijuana “right away,” as reported by VICE.

http://extract.suntimes.com/news/10/153/5560/canada-elections-could-signal-marijuana-legalization-coming

if canada legalizes marijuana and they open up shops in windsor, its over for prohibition in our state.

hopefully ohio will vote yes and then people in michigan will be more at ease to vote yes on legalization.

The video Resto posted is sadly reminiscent of the tired Republican Prohibitionist rhetoric that has been repeated since Nixon disregarded the Schafer report. Isn't forty years of taxpayer's funding comfortable retirements to drug warriors and their minions for a harmless plant while hundreds-of-thousands have died fron unintentional overdoses of legally prescribed opioids enough?

Edited by outsideinthecold

Hope the patients get their grow right back , Why do CONsertives  always want more government and less freedom ?

Yeah. Weird isn't it? The party that touts itself as the party of individual freedom and personal responsibility with less government involvement now wants to maintain the biggest, most intrusive government program in the world.

There are common dilemmas every voter faces; choosing what is best for you versus what is best for society as a whole.

My overriding concern when voting remains the long term fiscal health of the American economy.

While many are doing well, on average individual net worth has been falling for years. Income inequality continues to rise. To this point, all the government programs have failed to reverse that trajectory.

I truly appreciate the views expressed here, especially those so contrary to the life experiences and education that are the basis for my opinions and beliefs.

Take Obamacare. Although the full impact remains to be seen, there are individual winners and losers.

Naturally someone who has seen a perceived or real benefit loves it. However, not so for those unfortunates who have seen the negative impacts, higher deductibles, higher out-of-pocket expenses, and/or higher taxes.

The last time I bothered to check, the CBO estimated the annual cost of full implementation at $180,000,000,000.00 per year. With nineteen trillion in Federal debt the long-term viability of every Federal, State and local social program, including the ACA remains uncertain.

I see no solution. Certainly no politician seems willing to address the long term funding issues our country faces. So when anyone claims either party has any solutions, I don't buy it.

Big governments are bad governments in my opinion.They simply don't work. The War on Terror has created more terrorists than ever. The War on Poverty created more poor people and greater wealth inequality. The War on Drugs gave us 20,000 unintended opioid overdoses among its many negative consequences. In general, Big governments are bad governments for the majority, especially those in the private sector that support it as well as those who are becoming ever more dependent upon its programs.

As hard as it is for many to accept, the fact remains there is only sure way to cut human influence on the environment by fifty-percent. Unless or until one admits that overarching fact, any political discussion of possible solutions will be an exercise in futility.

Edited by outsideinthecold

There are common dilemmas every voter faces; choosing what is best for you versus what is best for society as a whole.

My overriding concern when voting remains the long term fiscal health of the American economy.

While many are doing well, on average individual net worth has been falling for years. Income inequality continues to rise. To this point, all the government programs have failed to reverse that trajectory.

I truly appreciate the views expressed here, especially those so contrary to the life experiences and education that are the basis for my opinions and beliefs.

Take Obamacare. Although the full impact remains to be seen, there are individual winners and losers.

Naturally someone who has seen a perceived or real benefit loves it. However, not so for those unfortunates who have seen the negative impacts, higher deductibles, higher out-of-pocket expenses, and/or higher taxes.

The last time I bothered to check, the CBO estimated the annual cost of full implementation at $180,000,000,000.00 per year. With nineteen trillion in Federal debt the long-term viability of every Federal, State and local social program, including the ACA remains uncertain.

I see no solution. Certainly no politician seems willing to address the long term funding issues our country faces. So when anyone claims either party has any solutions, I don't buy it.

Big governments are bad governments in my opinion.They simply don't work. The War on Terror has created more terrorists than ever. The War on Poverty created more poor people and greater wealth inequality. The War on Drugs gave us 20,000 unintended opioid overdoses among its many negative consequences. In general, Big governments are bad governments for the majority, especially those in the private sector that support it as well as those who are becoming ever more dependent upon its programs.

As hard as it is for many to accept, the fact remains there is only sure way to cut human influence on the environment by fifty-percent. Unless or until one admits that overarching fact, any political discussion of possible solutions will be an exercise in futility.

Very well said!

Peace

Whoa!!!  Genocide is NOT the final solution.