I've been waiting for what seems like forever (okay, it's been just over a month) for my card to get here and haven't heard anything. Called LARA today and they said my application is being reviewed and I should get a response in 7-10 days. Anyone know what that means? I hope it just means it's being processed and they're taking their sweet time with it.

Haven't called the Dr. yet, wasn't sure if this was something I needed to be concerned about or not. Did not designate a cg. I'm probably just being impatient. Thought the word "review" was an odd choice. I guess to me that implies that something is amiss, hopefully I'm just being nervous over nothing!

thank you for clearing that up with me. i try to know the law but there is so much to it.

Been trying to get that message to stick since '08. For some reason the 'check' thingy keeps rearing it's ugly head. LOL

You could send a check made out to Michigan LARA to your credit card company (by accident) and they would cash it. 

I got my renewal in about 14 business days this time.

2014 a friends 1st. time registering, got hers in 10 days from the time Lara received it.

1st. thing Lara does is cash the check, it means nothing.

Certified mail, imo is the only way to go.

Good luck, hope your card arrives soon.

Thanks for the response guys. Not trying to use p/w to obtain meds or anything like that, I wouldn't go thru the trouble of getting legal if it wasn't important to me that I'm just that...legal. just wondering what they meant by review. I called back today and she just said it's in processing. They found me in their system with correct DOB and all that, so I think I'm just being impatient.

• 3 weeks later...

LARA's standard answer.  28 days is out of the norm but nothing to sweat, it happens.  21 days, give or take a week, seems to be the standard.

Just curious, is that 21 business days starting on the day you mail the application, the day they receive the application, or the day they cash the check/money order? 

So I have to send in my renew forms. I have a CG, same one as before. Paperwork all filled out and ready to go to the post office. I should send it by registered mail with a return receipt?

And does it matter if my old card isn't expired yet? It doesn't expire until 01/01/16.

Thanks for any/all help.

• 1 month later...