Allegations: Msp Falsely Reporting Marijuana, Targeting Card-Carrying Patients

t-pain

http://fox17online.com/2015/10/30/a-non-stop-political-game-former-msp-forensic-science-director-on-false-marijuana-reporting-allegations/

DEWITT, Mich. – A former director of Michigan State Police Forensic Science addressed the serious allegations FOX 17 uncovered, which accuse the Attorney General’s office and state prosecutors of influencing state police crime labs to falsely report marijuana; essentially turning misdemeanors into felonies.

Republicans are behind this.

Yes, but not just the Republican politicians. It's their constituency. 

Those who vote Republican that I am personally acquainted with vote out of fear. They are genuinely afraid that their way of life is being usurped by muslims/gays/drug users/welfare recipients etc. I actually witnessed one who got tears in his eyes talking about how the country was going down the tubes because of Obama.

In their eyes the country is soon to be overrun by immigrants who will simultaneously steal jobs and collect welfare under Sharia law. This is what we are really fighting against. The politicians do what they do to appease these idiots.

Go to a local Republican meeting sometime, you'll be amazed at the depth of ignorance and fear that's on display. They're real freak shows.

Hi Wild Bill.

You are correct that many vote for Republicans out of fear. I have done so in the past and will likely do so in the future.

Not out of fear of pot. Not out of fear of any of the Republican Party's favorite fear monger in issues. Been a long time since I worried about old OITC.

Call me a hopeless idealogue but my concern has been and remains a fear for the foundation of strength that our country's economy has relied on for two-hundred years, the dollar.

Indeed, America rose to greatness riding the dollar through the storms and tides that swept the pound from its own perch after a two-hundred-year run.

It will be economics and not politics that end of the dollar's hegemony as the world's reserve currency. This is the Republican Prohibitionists fatal flaw and their policies will fail, much as the Democratic social agenda will fail simply because in the long run they are unaffordable.

Edited by outsideinthecold

Call me a hopeless idealogue but my concern has been and remains a fear for the foundation of strength that our country's economy has relied on for two-hundred years, the dollar.

Does that mean you think the Republicans do a good job with the economy?

1.  $1.4 Trillion - 2009

The biggest federal deficit on record is $1,412,700,000,000. Republican George W. Bush was president for about a thirds of the 2009 fiscal year, and Democrat Barack Obama took office and was president for the remaining two thirds.

2.  $1.3 Trillion - 2011

The second biggest budget deficit in U.S. history was $1,295,600,000,000 and occurred during Obama's presidency.

3.  $1.3 Trillion - 2010

The third largest budget deficit is $1,293,500,000,000 and came during Obama's presidency.

4.  $1.1 Trillion - 2012

The fourth biggest budget deficit was $1,089,400,000,000 and occurred during Obama's presidency.

5.  $459 Billion - 2008

The fifth-largest budget deficit was $458,600,000,000 and occurred during Bush's presidency.

6.  $413 Billion - 2004

The sixth-largest budget deficit was $412,700,000,000 and occurred during the Bush administration.

7.  $378 Billion - 2003

The seventh-largest budget deficit was $377,600,000,000 and occurred during the Bush presidency.

8.  $318 Billion - 2005

The eighth largest budget deficit was $412,700,000,000 and occurred during the Bush administration.

9.  $290 Billion - 1993

The ninth-largest annual budget deficit was $255,000,000,000 and occurred during Democratic President Bill Clinton's administration.

10.  $269 Billion - 1991

The tenth-largest budget deficit in U.S. history was $269,200,000,000 and occurred during Republican President George H.W. Bush's administration.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/thefederalbudget/tp/10-Biggest-Budget-Deficits.htm

You were there with me, Bob, at Ken Stecker's presentation in Monroe, I think it was. I certainly got the impression he was educating the audience on behalf of the Attorney General's office. He communicates with a michigan.gov email address, and the emails we obtained said "Stecker, Ken (AG)." If he was not advising the lab on behalf of the Attorney General's office, one would seriously question why the MSP lab would take his advice. None of the other roles he fills for PAAM or PACC are really appropriate for the lab to consider him the definitive legal opinion on this matter.

Wow ! Yup i was their with the other Bob i do believe i remember talking to the reporters  outside or maybe you where also Lol

But come on Stecker  for AG inn  2018 ? 

remember  the presentation well he talked about how to get a warrant  and make it stick i was surprised that day to see so many Law enforcement from so many different offices when we stopped him after the Show to talk he acted like he didn't know me or who i was and he did i guess it comes with his Job to lie to even the people he knows 

​He is a Lier and i hope he gets his hand caught in the Madeline Jar

Why do you think the reason was that got him to skip over our case during the  presentation and he did all the other ones ? Because he saw me sitting out in the crowd 

Curious how this plays out against the MSC decision outlawing oils and medibles. 

I do not have the cases readily available but my recollection was that the State's argument was that the THC in the final product was just a pure chemical and therefore not identifiable as being from a mmj plant, therefore the language that covered "any part of the plant..." did not apply.     While one can with very high end chemical process equipment create a pure THC from a plant, it would seem, as this case highlights that there is plant material in most extracts that we see from our cottage industry.  

Perhaps someone more familiar with the detailed specifics of the MSC case could comment.   For example, what chemical analysis was done on the materials (oils/medibles) in that case?   Is there a potential that the State fudged the data to fit their argument?

We are living in a day and age where science and politics often become entangled and intertwined in a mess of indiscernible agendas and blatant propaganda. Governmental agencies are held hostage by corporate interests, and can rarely create policies or make any decisions in favor of the public without having to cater to the demands of powerful corporations who typically care about nothing more than the bottom line. Any concern over social welfare, justice, equality, or environmentalism is primarily for the purpose of creating goodwill and a positive public perception, rather than fostering any lasting systemic change or facilitating real discussions on the problems that the human race is facing. Many companies institute “greenwashing” campaigns that market to ecologically minded consumers, but do very little to actually help address environmental issues.

One instance where these insidious policies and practices have affected the reported outcomes of scientific study is in the study of the effects of pesticides on plant pollinators, like bees and butterflies. For years now, we’ve been hearing about colony collapse disorder (CCD), and the role that neocontinoids in many insecticides are playing in the death of bee colonies. In the scientific community, there is a pretty strong consensus that these chemicals are having some effect on the health and longevity of bee populations, and may even be one of the main causes of CCD, though the studies have been inconclusive. 

However, most recently, “A prominent Agriculture Department scientist is alleging that he was suspended after complaining that the agency was blocking his research into the harmful effects of pesticides on pollinators, such as bees and butterflies,” according to a recent article in the Washington Post. Even if the studies on neocontinoids have been unable to produce conclusive results, it is alarming that a USDA researcher would be blocked or discouraged from doing further research for primarily political reasons. The fact that the agricultural industry has such sway over scientific research that it can effectively cause delays or cease research altogether is also quite alarming.

If research in the field of entomology can turn controversial so quickly and become such a political game, the realm of forensic science and medical marijuana is sure to be rife with corrupt policies and scientific constraint and coercion. One such case in Michigan has been in the news recently, where a medical marijuana patient named Max Lorincz was “charged with a felony for having a ‘smear’ amount medical marijuana, in the form of Butane Hash Oil,” as it has been reported by Fox News 17. First and foremost, this man is a card-carrying patient, protected by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Law. Secondly, Mr. Lorincz was taking his medicine as recommended by his doctor, and also how he thought it was outlined in the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP) guidelines. 

However, in this case, the Ottawa County Prosecutor and Michigan State Police have decided that the concentrate Mr. Lorincz was using is not qualified under the law, and the police crime lab that tested the “smear” that was found, also determined that it was of an “unknown origin.” This has allowed the police to not only charge Lorincz with a crime that he is obviously not guilty of, but has also lead to a prolonged court case in which he is being charged with a felony instead of a misdemeanor, on account of the ambiguity of the police test lab results. Since it was determined that the marijuana concentrate Mr. Lorincz was in possession of was from an unknown origin, it could be assumed that he was using synthetic marijuana, and felony charges were brought against him. A recent modification to the test result reporting procedures in state crime labs is the result of a “policy change,” that Max Lorincz’s lawyer, Michael Komorn says is for the purpose of escalating charges from a misdemeanor to a felony.1 It also allows for prosecutors to charge medical marijuana patients for using their medicine, since ambiguous crime lab test results can be misconstrued as showing evidence of synthetic marijuana use. Unfortunately, for Mr. Lorincz, the situation he now faces has also lead to the removal of his six year old son from his home, and a lengthy and costly interaction with the court.

It is becoming more apparent that the state police and court system in Michigan are working to grasp the last few straws left to grab in the failed war on drugs, right before cannabis prohibition is ended once and for all. Just as science is often swayed, obstructed, or slanted  to support political agendas, as with research on insecticides and colony collapse disorder, the same is being done to circumvent laws that the people have already decided on. This is why we need an overwhelming majority now to support the decriminalization of cannabis nationwide, to change both federal and state policies, so we can prevent injustices from being perpetrated on law-abiding citizens like Max Lorencz.

http://hybrid.life/science-and-politics-they-dont-really-mesh/

Edited by bobandtorey

Curious how this plays out against the MSC decision outlawing oils and medibles. 

I do not have the cases readily available but my recollection was that the State's argument was that the THC in the final product was just a pure chemical and therefore not identifiable as being from a mmj plant, therefore the language that covered "any part of the plant..." did not apply.     While one can with very high end chemical process equipment create a pure THC from a plant, it would seem, as this case highlights that there is plant material in most extracts that we see from our cottage industry.  

Perhaps someone more familiar with the detailed specifics of the MSC case could comment.   For example, what chemical analysis was done on the materials (oils/medibles) in that case?   Is there a potential that the State fudged the data to fit their argument?

You Think ' but how could someone prove that it's the State against that someone trying to prove it and thats not going to work out to well for that someone Imo

it was a coa case, and whats going on is not related to that coa case directly (only indirectly). the coa case was so bad that it has only been charged a few times, twice to my knowledge. one guy took a plea deal and the other is the butter case in grand rapids (which is over weight limits)

whats happened here is that based on that coa case, the lab changed how it reports thc tests.

in my opinion, having oils/medibles is legal, and the coa even says medibles are legal in that coa opinion. j ust dont have more than 2.5oz of brownie...

The hearing is off for Thursday. but will be reset for a future date. Believe it or not, more prosecutorial shenanigans. I am sure we will talk about it Thursday night on Planet Green Trees.

Hearing in alleged false crime lab marijuana reporting dropped this week

http://fox17online.com/2015/11/03/hearing-in-alleged-false-crime-lab-marijuana-reporting-dropped-this-week/

Edited by knucklehead bob

I don't think it has to go that far, I hope not. It is way easier to elect a new prosecutor than get a serving one disbarred. Perhaps focus on election 2016 and removing problem politicians (and promoting friends) is the best route?

We didn't publish a voter guide last election, and I think we likely would have had significant struggles in the community coming up with one. I.e. people wanting to endorse Callton and Cotter and such nonsense. Maybe we can be more unified in 2016?

Maybe someone from each County could take charge and compile lists of who will run, their track record etc?

I don't know where to start my searching but if someone can give me pointers on where to collect the information...

I will cover Ingham Co.

I don't think it has to go that far, I hope not. It is way easier to elect a new prosecutor than get a serving one disbarred. Perhaps focus on election 2016 and removing problem politicians (and promoting friends) is the best route?

We didn't publish a voter guide last election, and I think we likely would have had significant struggles in the community coming up with one. I.e. people wanting to endorse Callton and Cotter and such nonsense. Maybe we can be more unified in 2016?

is npra part of the community? by their actions are they going to end up with a 10 grow site LP system like canada? heh.

for what? you got nothing on him. barely even have ken stecker giving out wrong thc scheduling legal advice.

When the evidence is shown, there may very well be reason enough. Isn't it about time we contacted our Representatives and Senators to ask that they perform an investigation?

This seems like such a bare faced denial of fact and attempted escalation of perceived criminality as the crack vs powdered cocaine and 'mandatory minimum' sentences provided by the 'Anti Drug Abuse Act of 1986'   ie Iran Contra / cocaine arms for hostages Reagan era.     

Hi Wild Bill.

You are correct that many vote for Republicans out of fear. I have done so in the past and will likely do so in the future.

Not out of fear of pot. Not out of fear of any of the Republican Party's favorite fear monger in issues. Been a long time since I worried about old OITC.

Indeed, America rose to greatness riding the dollar through the storms and tides that swept the pound from its own perch after a two-hundred-year run.

It will be economics and not politics that end of the dollar's hegemony as the world's reserve currency. This is the Republican Prohibitionists fatal flaw and their policies will fail, much as the Democratic social agenda will fail simply because in the long run they are unaffordable.

Surely you were aware of the recent Global Financial Meltdown? circa 2007...  This should be our first clue that the financial interests of at least the 'Colonial Powers' are intimately joined, at the hip as it were.  In fact if Dr Ben Carson could somehow separate these conjoined sources I would seriously consider giving him my vote irrespective of party politics.  We are basically powerless to control our own financial destiny. The FED has insured this just as it provided the financial means to support the European "Global Warfare Strategies"  that we have been engaged in ever since.

The other part of this equation is the Nationalism vs Patriotism argument. To sum it up: Nationalism is 'the worst enemy of peace'.  George Orwell -1945.

Whereas a patriot expresses love for his country in a passive way.