Need Some Help And Ideas

Willy

I have a new patient, I really am their  last star fighter.   

Issues are, frequency of visits, being under a dr's followings, round the clock notes, reports and dosages are being monitored. I    thiink if i can succeed this  it could/will be a feather in the cap of med patients and caregivers. real time data and results.. Soooo HELP ME OUT GUYS/GALS>>

Ingestion ways that this patient can self dose. Quadriplegic and no one will assist them, and they is tied to a specific caregiving health care system. not against it, but cannot/will not assist.. even so far as to give a light.

Family is totally against this. No I am not gettin into the middle of that one.. I have met and they are like to bodies with bricks for heads..Patient has extreme tremors, the only hand that works, works very poorly.

So far have used a qwaso (everclear) in the form of atomizer.. It works but the length of time it is felt is hour to hour and a half , I am going to try a vap, I have an extreme Q to try if it works. again loading it and using it maybe an issue. If you have suggestions let me know. I'm at my whits end. 

Also used glycerin and dropper, not doable.. I can explain but basically it can't be done.. 

Also there is various narcotics involved as usual, but can't be taken off until something works sustainable  . 

Edited by Willy

I have a new patient, I really am their  last star fighter.   

Issues are, frequency of visits, being under a dr's followings, round the clock notes, reports and dosages are being monitored. I    thiink if i can succeed this  it could/will be a feather in the cap of med patients and caregivers. real time data and results.. Soooo HELP ME OUT GUYS/GALS>>

Ingestion ways that this patient can self dose. Quadriplegic and no one will assist her, and she is tied to a specific caregiving health care system. not against it, but cannot/will not assist.. even so far as to give a light.

Family is totally against this. No I am not gettin into the middle of that one.. I have met and they are like to bodies with bricks for heads..Patient has extreme tremors, the only hand that works, works very poorly.

So far have used a qwaso (everclear) in the form of atomizer.. It works but the length of time it is felt is hour to hour and a half , I am going to try a vap, I have an extreme Q to try if it works. again loading it and using it maybe an issue. I you have suggestions let me know. I'm at my whits end. 

Also used glycerin and dropper, not doable.. I can explain but basically it can't be done.. 

Also there is various narcotics involved as usual, but can't be taken off until something works sustainable  .

The answer is out there for you to find. There already are experts that have done what you are trying to do. I know of at least one quad that had their nurse administer marijuana to them. This was in Michigan. I met this patient in the 80's and helped supply their nurse for a long long time. I have lost track of them for 10 years now. I'm not sure if the patient is still alive. I know that cannabis helped. The patient always smoked the cannabis but I know he would have really liked a good vaporizer. 

Edited by Restorium2

The nurses on this one cannot or will not assist, there hosp, although willing to allow this, wont help in the least. and yes this in michigan as well. I want to help and am , but you know how family can be, itis only a matter of time before the shiet hits the fan. if there was a nurse willing that would be great, but if they help there fired. 

If I could find the answer I wouldnt have asked for outside thoughts.. 

Edited by Willy

I was just saying that there's one heck of an expert male nurse out there in Michigan that has a lot of experience with this. At least one. You will need the nurse on board. I can't imagine it working out without the nurse involved. If you can't get a nurse that will help the patient in every aspect of their care, including the MM, it's not going to work out well. 

I was just saying that there's one heck of an expert male nurse out there in Michigan that has a lot of experience with this. At least one. You will need the nurse on board. I can't imagine it working out without the nurse involved. If you can't get a nurse that will help the patient in every aspect of their care, including the MM, it's not going to work out well. 

Yes  have been aware of this for some time. most nurses as in this case are being told they cannot assist. I dont see the whole apple cart being over turned ...

The patient I knew had been injured in a terrible car accident. He had got enough money from litigation to pay a private nurse. His nurse was fantastic. He went about all of his duties professionally including the medical marijuana. Rolled the joints like a medical procedure. You just felt like it was all medical when you watched. And it made the patient so happy. It would bring tears to your eyes. Someone that was hurt that bad still enjoying life in small moments helped by MM.

If choking isn't an issue I would try candy of some kind. Candy is very discreet, I use it for airplane flights. Package it in a tin from some kind of European candy that isn't common in this country. That way you shouldn't get a nosy nurse saying, "That doesn't look like any Jolly Rancher I've ever seen!".

The nurses would probably be happy to hand their patient a piece of his favorite candy and would understand if he didn't want to share a piece of his imported goodies with anyone else.

It's also easy to adjust dosage once you find out how it effects you. You can eat one or two depending on how you feel.

I get the feeling that the 'nurses' would just be hovering looking for things to show the MM wasn't working and just deteriorating the patient. They need to be on board to the point that they can share in the successes rather than pointing out the failures. 

No not really the big issue is that the company that is hiring them wont allow it, instant firing... one of the doctors is on board. however sneaky is not what i want, i wouldnt want any of them to loose there job..   I m fair not hostile to them.. I do understand the predicament, they have told me they would help if they could... but they need to earn a living .. gotta understand that part. 

thats why i suggested something boring like special religious unleavened bread. no nurse is going to chow down on unleavened bread.

but free special candy from the unknown continent? they gonna be sneaking those left and right.

not to bad an idea.. but im no candy man.. lol  and yes theft has raised it head in the past.... 

not to bad an idea.. but im no candy man.. lol  and yes theft has raised it head in the past.... 

The communion idea is pretty good , but me .. the priest might not work so well as to the frequency ,, i go over every few days as it is to help. I'm gonna try the vape and see if that can be worked, and every two weeks i can clean it for them.. etc.. its the other 4 days of the week.. I dont want to be under handed, just discrete.. and something they can use one handed. but try to load a vapor with one hand and that hand is going back and forth at 70.. 

What they don't know won't hurt them.

remember these nurses are keeping dosages, and records going back to the many MD's  on this persons list of support. Its a trial approval, Its gotta show some results and its gotta be monitored.  

i'm not sure the frequency, then , but multiple pens would be the solution , then you can refill them every 4 days.

just more upfront cost (4 pens + 4 oils).

if the patient cannot hold a pen, you can rig a little lamp/erector set arm for the patient to use with his mouth only. like some quads use a mouth controlled wheelchair.

Does the patient have enough use of his hands that he can use a vape pen? That could be probably be filled  with oil on a weekly basis.

Well yes and no, only one hand, we considered a vape pen, and wax.  our thought was to be able to take block of wood that would hold the pen , then the patient could lean into it and smoke it. also the q atomizer has a remote on and off. and then pickin up the whip is being considered.  but pens .. is sorta an option , however i wont make wax. althought its availablility is questionalbe to being a concentrate.. so i went with the alchol so it could kinda meet a suspension rather than a concentrate.. tryin to be sorta legal.. lol but its not out of the question

Perhaps a robotic company would undertake the challenge as a way to generate publicity.  Or, maybe an idealistic college student looking for a project that has real-world impact?

I am not really sure how to get rolling with either of those thoughts but we are brainstorming, right?  We can look into those pesky details later....lol

The family isn't on board? So this was all at the request of the patient without any family support? 

that is correct, the doctors are sorta ok with it, some fight to begin with , but on doctor said there is nothing else to try so wtf not.. and there we are, they looked for a CG and I said i would help out with it, although its not the easiest to work with, my other patients dont have the same issues. but part of the job i guess...