Bay County Couple Charged With Felonies In Medical Marijuana Grow Operation

bobandtorey

I just meant the language by the LEO is not in agreement with the MMMA.  Who cares about processed pot.  There is no such definition in the law.  The only thing that matters is usable marijuana and any preparation thereof.  Tuscola county had their asses handed to them with a similar case.

I find it strange that it is an anonymous tip even when it is the cop from another department or the town over handing it to them. That happens more frequently than a real tip.

It's normal. 911 tip about marijuana (in this area) automatically gets handed to BAYANET. It's in the city limits so STING gets on board. 

I find it strange that it is an anonymous tip even when it is the cop from another department or the town over handing it to them. That happens more frequently than a real tip.

It's normal. 911 tip about marijuana (in this area) automatically gets handed to BAYANET. It's in the city limits so STING gets on board.

I understood zap's post to mean "cops calling in "tips" to other cops, and those "tips" being labeled "anonymous". That is scandalous, far from a concerned citizen alert.

I remember going to their home years ago for a fireworks show that drew about 30 thousand people. Dave is one of the Polish Pyros people who do the large motor shell firework shows for the masses.

Too nice of a guy. Clearly never had trouble with the law before judging by the open talk to his interviewers.

This happens alot. Bad things happening to good people who grow Cannabis. I hope we can vote away some of this life wrecking crap next year.

Edited by Croquet

300000 people in the mowed field behind their home on Bangor Rd. Firemen and police were all there helping with traffic and emergency situations.

He most likely knew some of the police who raided him. They all sure know the guy who puts 12" bombs in the sky.

It's like having your friends turn on you and throwing your life into a nightmare.

November 2016 can't get here fast enough!

Vote the cash cow out of their hands and into ours????

Sounds like a perfect case for a jury trial. Who did he harm? Putting all that trim in the trash should have been handled by a warning with a smile from a friendly officer. Instead they SWAT the heck out of him. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we are The Boogie Man and we gotcha with your Evil Weed. Get a life rotten coppers. No one wanted you to do this. 

The City Of Dearborn used to have a bounty policy for the garbage men. If they saw construction debris in the trash they reported it to the building department. If there was no permit pulled for that address then the garbage man who reported it would get a cut of the fine.

It wouldn't surprise me if they do that for cannabis in the trash too.

I would agree with this.  The bay city fireworks show is the biggest I've ever seen in my life.  I have childhood memories of going there year after year.  The traffic is usually backed up onto I75.

It's just had to imagine.  I used to go to the fireworks display that the City of Flint put on at Bluebell Beach on Mott Lake.  30,000 people is about 1/3 the population of the City of Flint. 

Imagine if someone/some people could get those 30,000 people to sign a petition for a ballot initiative for MJ decrim?

• 1 month later...

Reyes is a good attorney. I was on a jury that gave him a 'not guilty' and had a talk with him about the case after the trial. We have some very silly prosecutors that charge people for things they didn't come even close to doing. Ruin people's lives on hearsay. If the cops had a problem with something going on they should have gave them a warning like the dispensaries get. Instead they run up on them and go "BOOOOO, WE ARE THE BOOGIE MEN." Jack booted thugs. 

• 1 month later...

update:

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2016/02/trial_set_for_michigan_couple.html

cops know what usable and unusable is now. ... right.

Gatza? No way. He says whatever to fit the way he wants the case to go. 

"Usable marijuana is basically, I guess you could call it the bud and leaf material that you use off the plant," Gatza replied.

In a preliminary examination held Tuesday, Dec. 8, Bay County Sheriff's Detective Barry Gatza, a member of the Bay Area Narcotics Enforcement Team — or BAYANET — testified he was tasked with investigating an anonymous tip in April 2015 that the Dabrowskis were illegally selling marijuana from their home in the 2900 block of Bangor Road.

He testified that in the early morning of April 27, he pulled two trash bags from a garbage can at the end of the Dabrowskis' driveway.

All they had for a warrant was the trash man saying there were leaves in a bag put out to the trash. He says it like they have proof of selling but they only had proof of processing which could easily have been legal. If they were a dispensary they would have gotten several warnings. Why didn't they get their warning? Why are they bribing the trash guy at $1000 a tip to tell on people with leaves in their trash? Who is this asshat trash man? This isn't what we want our cops doing. Jack booted thugs/pigs sniffing through our trash going GOTCHA. Every crime investigated should start from a report from a victim, not an asshat nosey trash man looking for $1000 to ruin lives.  I can't wait until the jury tears this up. No one wants cops going though their trash. COPS: Find a victim, don't make a victim.

Until we repeal the prohibition of cannabis completely, Snyder, schitty and the rest of the KochHead republicans will use any law they can to squash the will of the people.

Though the issue is complicated, the solution is simple...

Vote every fknrepublican out of office and Abrogate.

Bernie Sanders 2016

Until we repeal the prohibition of cannabis completely, Snyder, schitty and the rest of the KochHead republicans will use any law they can to squash the will of the people.

Though the issue is complicated, the solution is simple...

Vote every fknrepublican out of office and Abrogate.

Bernie Sanders 2016

I don't know man. You keep saying this over and over. I need to go and check and see if you are right this time(too).

I know this situation well because it's my area. The problem here is we (I didn't) voted in Prosecutor Kurt C Asbury ® when we could have voted for(I did)  Edward M. Czuprynski (D). I know for a fact that these folks wouldn't be getting put through the meat grinder with Ed in charge of the prosecutor's office. Wait for it........ Ed will run again. 

Dam, you are right again ...... next. 

Gatza? No way. He says whatever to fit the way he wants the case to go. 

"Usable marijuana is basically, I guess you could call it the bud and leaf material that you use off the plant," Gatza replied.

In a preliminary examination held Tuesday, Dec. 8, Bay County Sheriff's Detective Barry Gatza, a member of the Bay Area Narcotics Enforcement Team — or BAYANET — testified he was tasked with investigating an anonymous tip in April 2015 that the Dabrowskis were illegally selling marijuana from their home in the 2900 block of Bangor Road.

He testified that in the early morning of April 27, he pulled two trash bags from a garbage can at the end of the Dabrowskis' driveway.

All they had for a warrant was the trash man saying there were leaves in a bag put out to the trash. He says it like they have proof of selling but they only had proof of processing which could easily have been legal. If they were a dispensary they would have gotten several warnings. Why didn't they get their warning? Why are they bribing the trash guy at $1000 a tip to tell on people with leaves in their trash? Who is this asshat trash man? This isn't what we want our cops doing. Jack booted thugs/pigs sniffing through our trash going GOTCHA. Every crime investigated should start from a report from a victim, not an asshat nosey trash man looking for $1000 to ruin lives.  I can't wait until the jury tears this up. No one wants cops going though their trash. COPS: Find a victim, don't make a victim.

I do agree with your post

I can't wait until the jury tears this up<<<<< I hope your right but i do not believe he will be able to win bc i've never seen a Win yet and even if he does the C.O.A. will over turn it