Israel: Top Doctor Arrested In Medical Marijuana Ring Bust

zachw

Police say hospital department head made millions selling false recommendations for licenses, ran nationwide network.

...customers would be charged up to NIS 10,000 ($2,550) for the service. Using his expertise in the field of pain relief, the doctor would falsify medical records to allow customers to meet the legal criteria for a license to buy the drug.

...Marijuana is illegal in Israel for recreational use, but medical use has been permitted since the early 1990s for cancer patients and those with pain-related illnesses such as Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, and even post-traumatic stress disorder. Patients can smoke the drug, ingest it in liquid form, or apply it to the skin as a balm.

...Israel has gained a reputation as an expert grower of cannabis for use as a pain reliever for those suffering from serious illnesses, such as cancer, glaucoma and multiple sclerosis. Among Western countries, Israel already has one of the highest per capita rates of legal cannabis use, with over 25,000 people medically licensed to use the drug.

\While the head of anesthesiology in Israel doesn't make near what a USA head would get, I'm sure that the guy wasn't hurting. Talk about greed...

greed is making a non-toxic plant that works for pain illegal. thats making whoopee greed. moral greed without compassion. moral greed without logic, science or a conscious.

if someone wanted to pay $2k to get around that illegality, then so be it. free market prices.

its funny how anyone who sells cannabis or cannabis recommendations gets called greedy.

this "everyone is greedy" theme is a prohibition tactic to split the movement.

i'm not singling you out here zach, i'm guilty of falling for it as well.

i'm trying to educate everyone on this particularly nasty prohibitionist mindset.

heres what they want us to believe:

caregivers? greedy.

guy that sells you pot? greedy.

corner dealer? greedy.

pot doctor? greedy.

dispensary? greedy.

does this make sense to you? everyone is greedy ? i dont think so.

do you see anyone calling the liquor stores greedy?

no? why not? because alcohol is legal?

of course there are a few greedy people selling anything. but this whole "everyone is greedy" bunny muffin needs to stop.

you know who is greedy? a drug cartel. drug cartels who eliminate the competition. who fight over turf. thats greed. everyone else? cant compare in my book.

am i right or wrong on this? let me know.

Wrong

Moral greed huh? You think we need an education on greed? Lol

It's ALL about the money. Wouldnt you agree?

Greed IS the lust of money. Cmon.

Prove it ....Free the Weed. Decriminalize.

We the people are done with the carnal notion it's "ALL about the Money"

We are putting People before Profit.

Lol Do you know why no none calls liquor stores greedy?

Because instead of calling them out the patrons just tuck a bottle under there jacket and walk out with the merchandise or hold up the store( well, in the ones that aren't built like Fort Knox. Pretty effective mode of communication but apparently falling on deaf ears.

Thinking home brewery or home wine is a better analogy They are legal. They are gaining in popularity and everyone is proud to share with friends.

Greed = The opposition, looking to monopolize the market

Legal = When you and I can grow our own and share just like the Home Brew and Home Wine without constrictive regulations or fear of fine or arrest,

Anything less is a Race for the Money

Free the Weed....Decriminalize completely. No Crime , No Fine, No Time

Decriminalizing Cannibis removes the element that feeds the greed.

Edited by beourbud

greed is making a non-toxic plant that works for pain illegal. thats making whoopee greed. moral greed without compassion. moral greed without logic, science or a conscious.

if someone wanted to pay $2k to get around that illegality, then so be it. free market prices.

its funny how anyone who sells cannabis or cannabis recommendations gets called greedy.

this "everyone is greedy" theme is a prohibition tactic to split the movement.

i'm not singling you out here zach, i'm guilty of falling for it as well.

i'm trying to educate everyone on this particularly nasty prohibitionist mindset.

heres what they want us to believe:

caregivers? greedy.

guy that sells you pot? greedy.

corner dealer? greedy.

pot doctor? greedy.

dispensary? greedy.

does this make sense to you? everyone is greedy ? i dont think so.

do you see anyone calling the liquor stores greedy?

no? why not? because alcohol is legal?

of course there are a few greedy people selling anything. but this whole "everyone is greedy" bunny muffin needs to stop.

you know who is greedy? a drug cartel. drug cartels who eliminate the competition. who fight over turf. thats greed. everyone else? cant compare in my book.

am i right or wrong on this? let me know.

Wrong.

That's not a free market. 

When you force people to buy something when they could just grow it themselves that's wrong. That's greed. That's wrongful in so many ways.

When you grow a nice crop of cannabis and you sell it without any dams to make the prices higher then that is selling cannabis without greed.

Edited by Restorium2

Wrong.

That's not a free market.

When you force people to buy something when they could just grow it themselves that's wrong. That's greed. That's wrongful in so many ways.

When you grow a nice crop of cannabis and you sell it without any dams to make the prices higher then that is selling cannabis without greed.

I know right!

I have abandoned all effort to defend the free market principles with folk hell bent on molesting, manipulating and monopolizing the market.

A Free Market should be self explanatory.

Edited by beourbud

Right. I believe that some are chasing a dream so hard they have warped the dream into a endless nightmare for everyone. When everyone who wants to grow and sell can do that we will not have to sort out who is greedy and who is not. Until then it's going to be debatable. Right now, anyone who stands in the way of people being able to grow and sell, without any bribes WHAT SO EVER, is a greed head. Any promoter or enabler is also greed head. Get off my grass.

Another reality is that Israel just isn't that liberal on Cannabis.  Obviously they are not as pro-cannabis as much of the propaganda suggests. Their program strictly prohibits personal grow rights by attaching considerable penalties including imprisonment. As indicated by the OP and this article they may be cracking down or even having second doubts about their Medical Cannabis. Perhaps it is just all about the $$$

Hashish is much more prevalent in Israel and as well throughout Europe.

Prices reflect this  as an oz in the country of Israel can easily go for $600.00 for good quality if available, or $125 for 5 grams. Or 20 - 25 / gram.

...scroll down to get to 'Silent conspiracy'

"There's a clear-cut trend at the hospitals to retreat from the use of medical cannabis," says Gil Luxenbourg, CEO of the Israel Medical Cannabis Association. "It's absurd that people cannot receive treatment at Ichilov despite the fact that they are in terrible pain."

Hope springs eternal. This young lady puts a smile on my face... not about cannabis per se...

We are not so different after all... 

...in action

Edited by solabeirtan

I still haven't figured out why politicians hate cannabis so much. What is it about the stuff that makes them so rabidly against it? They have been putting out "reasons" for years now and all their "reasons" have been shown to be untrue. Why can't they enunciate any rational (and truthful) reasons for pot prohibition?

Could it be that, like the doctors on Nixon's marijuana panel stated, there just aren't any reasons why the drug should be illegal?

I still haven't figured out why politicians hate cannabis so much. What is it about the stuff that makes them so rabidly against it? They have been putting out "reasons" for years now and all their "reasons" have been shown to be untrue. Why can't they enunciate any rational (and truthful) reasons for pot prohibition?

Could it be that, like the doctors on Nixon's marijuana panel stated, there just aren't any reasons why the drug should be illegal?

I struggle to believe that it is true, but could the specter of weed being worth $0 be a cause of concern? A lot has been invested in prohibition and a lot of people would lose income if the plant was made legal for anyone to grow. It is totally absurd, but this could be the reason why so many are against "true legalization".

T-pain: "its funny how anyone who sells cannabis or cannabis recommendations gets called greedy." C'mon, it's not "anyone who sells". This is a case of a highly paid head of a hospital who made millions selling fraudulent recommendations. OK, maybe the guy was up to his ears in gambling debt and wasn't greedy, just looking for a way out. Or maybe he wasn't greedy because he was going to use all of the proceeds for charity work. But if not, this IS the definition of "greed"!

solabeirtan: marijuanatravels.com - cool site, I never heard of it before!