There’S No Access:” Medical Marijuana Patients Without Caregivers, Dispensary Shut-Down

bobandtorey

Of course, no list.

Mal, you have to think like a rep to say that busts neg influence public opinion when no guns were involved and htey were selling to people who COULD have pot anyway.  If you are for mj they incite grief that anothert person was busted, legal or not.  All this time in the legislature has warped your view.  The only negative views out of a bust were negative to begin with.

Blowing up houses is different than selling MJ to patients.  Selling to more than 5 patients is the LEAST of a law you can break.  If selling to more than five is that big of a deal in the persons eyes than that person wasn't for or would never be for MJ in the first place.  Esp since the news focus on the patients who will now have to find another supply or go without or wait a month to get signed with a caregiver.  Do YOU think it's that big of a deal to sell to 7 people instead of 5?  20 instead of 5?  Why are you so against people having convenience, selection and the ability to stop in without an appt. or having to work around the caregivers other job, etc.  How is a new pt supposed to find a dispensary if they can't advertise or have a storefront?

Sorry I just don't buy that the busts are hurting our cause in the eyes of the people and I think they may have made it to good case law if people would've pitched in and supported them thru the 5+ year process, although I don't blame them one bit for taking what was best for them in pleas.  A lot of patients were quite happy for their service.

And I don't believe that we couldn't have a caregiver and dispense system where the caregivers supplied the dispensaries.  If there were a letter writing campaign and protests and some form of togetherness(I know impossible here), but since they are legal in certain areas now and nothings being done by patients and caregivers to get that thrown out first writing of the bills back, we're fuked.  Divide and conquer!  Seems to be teh theme in Mi.

Of course, no list.

Mal, you have to think like a rep to say that busts neg influence public opinion when no guns were involved and htey were selling to people who COULD have pot anyway.  If you are for mj they incite grief that anothert person was busted, legal or not.  All this time in the legislature has warped your view.  The only negative views out of a bust were negative to begin with.

Blowing up houses is different than selling MJ to patients.  Selling to more than 5 patients is the LEAST of a law you can break.  If selling to more than five is that big of a deal in the persons eyes than that person wasn't for or would never be for MJ in the first place.  Esp since the news focus on the patients who will now have to find another supply or go without or wait a month to get signed with a caregiver.  Do YOU think it's that big of a deal to sell to 7 people instead of 5?  20 instead of 5?  Why are you so against people having convenience, selection and the ability to stop in without an appt. or having to work around the caregivers other job, etc.  How is a new pt supposed to find a dispensary if they can't advertise or have a storefront?

Sorry I just don't buy that the busts are hurting our cause in the eyes of the people and I think they may have made it to good case law if people would've pitched in and supported them thru the 5+ year process, although I don't blame them one bit for taking what was best for them in pleas.  A lot of patients were quite happy for their service.

And I don't believe that we couldn't have a caregiver and dispense system where the caregivers supplied the dispensaries.  If there were a letter writing campaign and protests and some form of togetherness(I know impossible here), but since they are legal in certain areas now and nothings being done by patients and caregivers to get that thrown out first writing of the bills back, we're fuked.  Divide and conquer!  Seems to be teh theme in Mi.

I don't think anyone is against that. 

Of course, no list.

those people who thought they could sell bud to dispensaries were and are crazy.

The ONLY thing any of us has against dispensaries is that they lobby the police and the legislature for these things;

1.  If dispensaries are formally allowed, law enforcement groups would like the state to stop registering caregivers.

Dispensaries are not care giving, they are a store. They are not interchangeable.  This is medical, remember? People need caregivers, adding stores doesn't change that.  

So now we have a functioning(barely) rep in the Michigan legislature saying, "A vote for dispensaries is a vote against home grows".

AND:

The spokesperson for Michigan Law Enforcement saying; If dispensaries are formally allowed, law enforcement groups would like the state to stop registering caregivers.

The ONLY thing any of us has against dispensaries is that they lobby the police and the legislature for these things;

1.  If dispensaries are formally allowed, law enforcement groups would like the state to stop registering caregivers.

Dispensaries are not care giving, they are a store. They are not interchangeable.  This is medical, remember? People need caregivers, adding stores doesn't change that.  

So now we have a functioning(barely) rep in the Michigan legislature saying, "A vote for dispensaries is a vote against home grows".

AND:

The spokesperson for Michigan Law Enforcement saying; If dispensaries are formally allowed, law enforcement groups would like the state to stop registering caregivers.

The CURRENT dispensaries don't lobby anything but you still can't seem to separate teh 2?  And caregivers ARE selling to dispensaries.

No one lobbies the police.  Too bad someone didn't figure that out earlier.  Maybe we could've joined with them(dispenses) and won.  Now some corporate shiits are going to take over because we couldn't stick together.  Oh well.

Edited by Norby

The CURRENT dispensaries don't lobby anything

Yes they do.

No one lobbies the police. 

Not true.

Maybe we could've joined with them(dispenses) and won.  Now some corporate shiits are going to take over because we couldn't stick together.  Oh well.

the dispenses ARE the corporate shiits....

So the info that I got here that said the dispensary lobby was different then the ma and pa dispensaries now open was untrue?

Care to elaborate or am I just supposed to believe blindly esp since it goes against prior info garnered here about the dispensaries, which was openly discussed and for a year I asked for some kind of proof the current dispenses were lobbying to be regulated and provided for by large corporate grows.  I THINK it was Gregs who stated that the dispensary lobby and the current dispensaries were quite different, although I could be wrong.

And who lobbies the police?

Edited by Norby

I wonder how bad we would need dispensaries if the playing field was fair and no one had to worry about getting busted for weed?

I feel manipulated into needing dispensaries. I don't like it at all. I don't want to play that game. 

How is it that a despense can operate and not get busted, yet a pt hooks up another pt and gets busted?

A simple example, I sell or give a pt some mm for their pain, I know they are qualified for mm and they have a pt card, I give them a half zip, they get popped with it, and tell leo they got it from me, I get busted and my life is in ruin's thru out the court case, mean while there is a despense across the street from the court house doing a hell of alot of biz and goes untouched?  How can this kind of stuff happen, and no there is not a twp zone or anything protecting the despense, they are doing several lb's a day, I do a half oz to a friend either for free or very low priced and I get popped, yet the despense is up and running for all of my supporters to stop in and get some dab's or oz's or grms and medibles during my court case?

How can that be fair?

I am not against despense's in any way. I am against selective prosecutions all day long!

Peace

its not selective though. the township gave them dispensaries a license to do this.

after mcqueen, p2p is not protected by section 4. at least according to the michigan supreme court.

so what you are doing, using an analogy, is selling beer to people who are 21+ without having a beer selling license. then complaining about getting busted for selling beer without a license.

you could get a license to sell weed to 5 patients, all you have to do is send in some paperwork to LARA and wait a month. seems easier than getting a liquor license no doubt!

you may disagree with having to get a beer selling license to sell your beer. but its currently the law of the land.

if you did get a "beer/dispensary license" that might involve inspections and regulation. i dont think you want a bunch of "beer/weed police" inspecting your area anyway. so why so many complaints about this?

what is this fascination with selling pot anyway? with strangers even?? i still say no one should go to jail for a plant, but if you are going to break the current silly billy laws, its all your fault at this point in the game.

stay safe out there guys. dont sell your weed to no one.