Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

Has been sent in to the Bureau of Elections for Board of Canvassers for 1st round approval process 11-12-15.  Game On.
The chess moves over the next two weeks are going to be quite interesting, and kind of revealing I suspect...

You can view the Constitutional Amendment as submitted here:
http://michican.us/showthread.php?8248-ABROGATE-PROHIBITION-MICHIGAN-Constitutional-Amendment-Language

It is open to view.  To reply, or to help on the signature campaign you will need to join the Michigan Independent Cannabis Action Network at the above link.

If clicking the link is too much, here is a 5 point synapses of the language.

1. Makes use of the cannabis plant lawful by anyone, wards/minors use requires parental guardian authorization only.

2. Abrogates All forms of prohibition on the cannabis plant.

3. Defines use of cannabis in broad scope including purchase.

4. Prohibits Excise Taxes and Fines and disallows regulation that may diminish use.

5. Severability Clause.

but its a quick read  Under 250 words total.

Edited by Timmahh

awesome. whens the best time to start collecting signatures?

some ideas i saw for getting signatures:

get volunteers to mail petitions to other people.

e.g. each volunteer mails 10 petitions.

direct mail with usps petitions. its pretty cheap for this.

get newspapers to put your petition + instructions , again, not bad price per 5,000 inserts.

Has been sent in to the Bureau of Elections for Board of Canvassers for 1st round approval process 11-12-15.  Game On.

The chess moves over the next two weeks are going to be quite interesting, and kind of revealing I suspect...

You can view the Constitutional Amendment as submitted here:

http://michican.us/showthread.php?8248-ABROGATE-PROHIBITION-MICHIGAN-Constitutional-Amendment-Language

It is open to view.  To reply, or to help on the signature campaign you will need to join the Michigan Independent Cannabis Action Network at the above link.

If clicking the link is too much, here is a 5 point synapses of the language.

1. Makes use of the cannabis plant lawful by anyone, wards/minors use requires parental guardian authorization only.

2. Abrogates All forms of prohibition on the cannabis plant.

3. Defines use of cannabis in broad scope including purchase.

4. Prohibits Excise Taxes and Fines and disallows regulation that may diminish use.

5. Severability Clause.

but its a quick read  Under 250 words total.

congratulations for acting on our behalf! thank you. your forum looks good too, keep up the good work!

Using the Board of Canvassers is not required at all, but can help the process, so the language has been sent to the Board of Canvassers for the 1st round of approval. I suspect it will be fine, and will go to the 2nd round shortly.   Once it is approved through the BoC process, which I expect it shall be, or we will bring a challenge, the original goal was to start the 180 sig collection process very shortly afterwards it is through the BoC approval process.  

Once it is approved, then comes the mass printing, which we need to get donations to cover the cost of.  Donations have started to come in. We need around 5,000.00 to cover the cost of Petition Printing, and that will start to cover some of the campaign expenses, some of which is needed to distribute empty and collect signed petitions..  So if anyone can help out with some monetary donations, it would go to very good use.   Every 1.00 helps get us there.

Beyond the cost of the printing and the critical campaign expenses, we need volunteers willing to be Petitioners and Petition Leads for each county. 
That is where the forum comes in for now. I have a section setup to deal with the Campaign and the Petitioners ect so there is a place free of distractions to communicate online during the signature capture process.

Thanks for the kind words Grass.
I am just a set of flapping lips that is tired of being sprayed on and being left all wet by the fountainheads.

"Doing the same experiment repeatedly, and expecting different results, is the mark of insanity."  Albert Einstein.

Same could be said about following the same Fountainheads after they have left the vast majority all wet, over and over again...

Edited by Timmahh

will this be on the ballot with milegalize (should it get enough sigs)? I guess im asking about the timeline as far as other initiatives go...

Being a Constitutional Amendment A.P.M. needs 315,454 valid sigs.  Thus 500,000 plus valid signatures is the goal to ensure enough to qualify.

But yes, when we turn in the required sigs, as a Constitutional Amendment it will go directly to the ballot for the voters.  Government has no say, before or after its passage. Beyond court challenge, the only way Lansing D.C. can make any Constitutional Changes, is to draft language and put it to the voters at an election. 

Any changes to the Constitution of Michigan, can only be done in the ballot box by the electorate (voters).

We are within the required time frame and deadline date for turning in the sigs to put this on the 2016 election cycle.

We just need people to volunteer to become a petitioner and collect and witness the signatures of valid registered voters so the state electorate can vote on it.

Edited by Timmahh

83 counties, needed 35 sigs per county for the 180 days to pass 500,000.  if there are 5 petitioners per county, each would need 7 signatures a day. 

22.4 sigs a day per county is just enough to get past the required number of 316,000.  35 sigs per day each county would be 522,000.  40 a day per county is over 600,000 sigs.  50 a day per county would be 747,000 sigs.

I would like to find 3 petitioners per county minimum, 5 per county would be better suited to make the numbers.

5 petitioners in each county for 180 days would need to get 7 sigs each, each day.  That puts it on the ballot with reserve sigs.

15 sigs per page. 45,000 sheets.

Edited by Timmahh

For a comparison, the MMM Act of 2008 was passed by indirect legislative initiative. This is a piece of Peoples Initiated Indirect Legislation, and all Legislative Code and Policy passed by Lansing D.C.  
To clarify that thought, it is a piece of Code, Policy or Law which is put forth by Legislation in the State Legislature, or Federally in Congress. Indirect legislation when passed, is supposed to be fully and completely implemented as passed by the electorate and be immediately implemented after it was passed by the voters.  

With an Indirect Legislative Initiative, the People submit and pass an act of Law, but the legislation has control over all pieces of legislation that is passed, whether that is by the legislation itself, or by We the People.  Like the MMM Act or any Policy or "color of law" code that is passed via indirect legislation, it is often very wordy, has many caveats, hard to follow verbiage, and in most cases, are never held up to the Constitution of the State or the Country to ensure they align and full under the Terms as set forth in the 1st 10 Amendments, or even the State Constitution, which is actually Superior to the Federal Constitution, so long as it conforms to the 1st 10 Amendments of the Federal Constitution.

Examples of some of the changes possible under a piece of Indirect Legislative Initiative by State Legislature I will point out in relation to the MMM Act would be;
Moving the Act itself from the Mi Dept of Community Health, to L.A.R.A.

Moving the Funds garnered to the General Funds, which were replaced once it was well known that was wholly unconstitutional and would have lead to serious ramifications.
The change of the Dr-Pt relationship only for the MMM Act, woefully contrary to what the Act itself allows for.  

The Unconstitutional yet still used as a club Trunk bill.
Same goes with the Impaired Driving after the Koon case made it no crime for having active metabolites in your blood stream.  

The continued Raids and Kidnapping of children by CPS which is illegal per not only the MMM Act, but the Entire Federal and State Constitutions.

All of these "Modifications, Changes, and Illegal Actions", and all of the others we have seen and are seeing have been mostly able to go through, including HB4209, HB4210, HB4827, and the already passed SB660 MIne Pot bill, have all been allowed because the MMM Act of 2008 was an Indirect Legislative Initiative.
Basically it is a piece of Policy, the State has Control over, though it does have it hurdles, their ability to make changes is only limited by the 75% Super Majority vote and being signed by the Governor.  Of course none of this 'legislation would be needed if not for the willful and open disregard for the will of the people by the Entire Judicial Division, the BAR, and Law Enforcement Communities as a Whole.   All forms of Legislation makes things that are Constitutionally allowed, but in the view of the State illegal and only allowable, and thereby Legal by License.  A License is the State stealing your rights away from you, and then selling them back to you as a Permit they can rescind.

In all other cases, the State has pretty much followed the will of the people once an initiative was passed and it was pretty much job done.  Had that happened 45 days after the passage of the 2008 MMM A, and the State had followed it long history of following the will of the people, we would not be in the increased state of prohibition we are in today.

As we have all seen, the State has not just faltered in it's duty, it has actually taken an aggressive stance directly contrary to the will of 63% of the electorate of the State.  Indirect Legislation makes Law, which makes something Legal, which is only "legal" when one is Licensed, or otherwise "Permitted" to do such Legal activity, which will be legal up until which time a directly related, or other policy, code, or regulation make the activity Illegal and one is fines, arrested, jailed, or worse.
Drinking is Legislated Legal Activity, right up until you are arrested for it.
Prescription Pills are Legislated Legal Activity, right up until the State says it isn't by some indirect legislation,.
Under Indirect Legislative "Color of Law", one can be doing something Legal up and until the state deems it is illegal.

In stark contrast.  The Constitution is the Document that authorized limited government itself to form, and be what we call 'limited government'.  By Amending the Constitution, we change the rules under which the government of the state, thereby the agencies, offices, and agents of the State must operate under, and adhere too.
A Constitutional Amendment therefor has the effect of tying the legislative hands down, leaving them a limited area to work within.  

The constitution details and outlines what the government can do, or what it can not do, and all legislation that is subsequently passed under the Constitution, being subordinate to the Constitution, are crafted under the Authority of the Constitution, and must be aligned to its provisions, or that legislation is unconstitutional and thereby null and void on its face.

By passing a Constitutional Amendment, we shall bind the State to one of two Paths. Adherence to the Will of We the People, or they will be committing Unconstitutional Acts which carry with it serious and grave penalties for those agents committing such an act, who are in any branch of government or an agency of government to come under serious charge, fine and penalty.

Basically put, Indirect Legislative Amendment gives the State aka Lansing D.C. itself power over the legislation, thus we get the MMM Act 6 yrs in and the shaft.

Constitutional Amendment puts the government on Notice and changes the way they must govern. Period. Or they may be committing Sedition and or Treason by bringing an Act of War upon the People of the State by going directly against Article 1, Section 1 of the Michigan Constitution where it plainly states for All to be aware of

STATE CONSTITUTION (EXCERPT)

CONSTITUTION OF MICHIGAN OF 1963

§ 1 Political power.

Sec. 1.

All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their equal benefit, security and protection.

Edited by Timmahh

The Michigan Constitution can be amended in these three ways:

where does it say that the legislature cannot change the constitution? i was looking for it , but did not see that part of text.

for Legislature to change the actual constitution, they have to put any potential changes up for a Vote by the electorate. 

This is the way the Constitution is changed by Legislature. All Constitutional Amendments, regardless of origin, must be put to the electors for a vote in the ballot box.

A Constitutional Convention is far and away different in Nature of Civil Law, than a Constitutional Amendment. 

A Convention seeks to modify the entire Constitution. And is a really really Bad idea.
Michigan was the 35th state to invoke the potential of a Constitutional Convention in 2010....
This is not a good thing in all applicable reality.

A simple Constitutional Amendment, put up by the People, for the People, passed in the Ballot box by the people is our Constitutional Authority per Article 1, Sec. 1 of the Michigan Constitution.  

Thanks for the explanation.  If someone else might have explained this before.......  It seems like the 2 repeal prohibition advocates couldn't get this across very well(or maybe they didn't try, as I mentioned "how are tehy not going to just start making laws the very next day with a 75% super majority"?  Well no one answered how they couldn't).  Now I see what they were talking about.  No one ever said it was anything different than another ballot initiative.   See this actually makes sense.

Edited by Norby

Thanks for the explanation.  If someone else might have explained this before.......  It seems like the 2 repeal prohibition advocates couldn't get this across very well(or maybe they didn't try, as I mentioned "how are tehy not going to just start making laws the very next day with a 75% super majority"?  Well no one answered how they couldn't).  Now I see what they were talking about.  No one ever said it was anything different than another ballot initiative.   See this actually makes sense.

Seriously, For the last 6 years, even the notion of Abrogate was met wit hostile rejection and ridicule

We have been working tirelessly to educate folks.but the disp lobby squashes it at every opportunity.

At his point we have been fighting the prohibitionists for so long, when we even here any of their talking points we respond reflexively like a one legged blind man in an azz .kicking contest.

Truth is we have more in common than not. Education is our primary weapon against the WOD

Abrogate.....Free the Weed

Dispensaries, compassion clubs, farmers markets, cottage industry pt/pt...all welcome to join us

Greedy self serving bass turds need not apply.

You've been working tirelessly but the dispensary lobby squashes it?  Funny I've never heard of abrogate or the dispensary lobby say anything.

You have squashed it here.  You weren't able to coherently tell me what it was.  The way you and resto described it I can see why no one got behind it.

Maybe next time you'll treat people better if you want their help.  Don't know what else to say.  I am behind it but I don't just help out a group when 2 of it's biggest advocates have done nothing but mock me and considering it was their fault because they couldn't get the point across...

So to sum up: mocking people who's help you need(being paranoid and thinking everyone who doesn't understand you or thinks differently is an anti) isn't a good strategy.  It may get your frustrations out but it will eventually assure your failure, not your success.

Best of luck though.

Norby I have to tell you, I will not notice a diff either way.

I will remain compliant until they eliminate the home grows or Abrogate becomes law.

Don't need you or your help.

My efforts are the will of the people I represent.

I hold an elected position and have the full support of my constituency.

My success is due to my super power. Listening

I am happy you learned something about abrogate.

I am sorry you are so obsessed with me and don't appreciate my style.

All I can say is. WINNING!

Norby I have to tell you, I will not notice a diff either way.

I will remain compliant until they eliminate the home grows or Abrogate becomes law.

Don't need you or your help.

My efforts are the will of the people I represent.

I hold an elected position and have the full support of my constituency.

My success is due to my super power. Listening

I am happy you learned something about abrogate.

I am sorry you are so obsessed with me and don't appreciate my style.

All I can say is. WINNING!