Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

Norby I have to tell you, I will not notice a diff either way.

I will remain compliant until they eliminate the home grows or Abrogate becomes law.

Don't need you or your help.

My efforts are the will of the people I represent.

I hold an elected position and have the full support of my constituency.

My success is due to my super power. Listening

I am happy you learned something about abrogate.

I am sorry you are so obsessed with me and don't appreciate my style.

All I can say is. WINNING!

Ha aha haha ahaaha!

You guys need all the help you can get. As do we.  But if you want to keep this split going....

Funny how far an actual apology goes.  I saw an explanation of why you act the way you do but no apology.  Oh well.

complying, I do not think it means what you think it means.

complying; obeying, obliging, or yielding, especially in a submissive way:

And I'd drop the Charlie Sheen quotes, he isn't winning now nor was he when he said it.  Actually it fits, keep with it.  It accents the delusional aspect quite well.

I said I'd vote for it, be behind it but not gather sigs or help out. And this is how you repay?  Maybe I just shouldn't vote for it at all since you don't need anyone's help?

timmah, suggestion for you.

heres what the signature sheets usually look like:

petition.jpg

after numerous people write their birthdate, it would be NICE if you printed your signature sheet like this (but 2016 instead of 2015 maybe):

petition2.JPG

just make it more CLEAR that its the SIGNING DATE, not birthdate. make the type as big as possible. its horrible trying to explain to people the date thing.

Why not place the Date at the beginning, the 1st. area to be filled in instead of the last? 

On many of the forms that we are required to fill out through our lives... Birth Date is required and often after our names. 

So... I am thinking part of our brains go on auto pilot when signing petitions and assume it is our birth date.

I've been caught 'off guard' each time I've signed petitions and generally kind of rushed and honestly... I am not

paying close attention to the form and more to what the petitioner is saying instead. 

I started the Ballot Question Committee in August called Abrogate Prohibition Michigan, and we were recognized Aug, 20. Setup Bank Account for Donations and Tax Deductible Receipt if requested, just afterwards.  I had started to craft language around mid May when it became apparent that the screws were being tuned in still and not slowing down, but speeding up....

After a few drafts and some discussions with a few people and a couple legal types, I scrapped the old language, and restarted.

My intent has always been set on a Constitutional Amendment as it is the Only way to put Lansing D.C. on notice and a short leash. 

This is what I have submitted a couple weeks ago, and here is my last email from the Board of Canvassers Staff.

INITIATIVE PETITION
AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION

The Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Amendment

A proposal to amend the State Constitution regarding the prohibition of the use of Cannabis.

This proposal would add a new Section 28 to Article 1 of the State Constitution to read as follows:
Section 28.
(1) The agricultural, personal, recreational, medicinal, commercial and industrial use of cannabis in any form by any person shall be a lawful activity.
(a) Cannabis use by any person who is; the ward of an adult, enrolled in K*12 school, a minor, shall be lawful activity requiring only parental or legal
guardian authorization.

(2) All prohibitions on the use of cannabis in any form by any person is hereby null and void, and henceforth abrogated.

(3) “Use of Cannabis” shall include: 
(a) The growing, manufacture, delivery, purchase, consumption, and transport, of any seed, flower, leaf, mixture, derivative, extract, product, and or 
preparation of the cannabis plant for all personal, recreational, medicinal, commercial and industrial purposes.

(4) No excise tax, no fines, no regulation to diminish use, shall be levied or allowed for use of Cannabis.

(5) Severability: If any section, subsection or part of this amendment is for any reason held to be invalid or unconstitutional, the remaining sections, 
subsections or parts of those sections shall not be affected but will remain in full force and effect.

While the Board of Canvassers process is not a required process, it does help clear a few hurdles out of the way in the process. So that was the language submitted, which the BoC has nothing to say about it but its format (must have the proper structure).  So with this last email reply below, the game is about to change.

Winning!

Received this reply from the Board of Canvassers.

"Timothy,

Please make the following changes to the signature side of your petition:

· Print the phrase, “Certificate of Circulator,” in 8-point type.

· Enlarge and/or bold the check box for out-of-state circulators.

· Enlarge the spaces for the circulator to enter his or her signature and city-twp/state/zip – additional white space is needed to ensure that when the circulator signs the petition and enters his or her address, it is legible.

With these changes, staff will recommend that the Board approve your petition as to form. In order to make the agenda for Thursday’s meeting, please ensure that the printer’s affidavit (with original signature and notarization) and 15 proof copies of the petition are delivered to our office by 5pm today. We are located in the Richard H. Austin Bldg., 430 West Allegan, 1st Floor, Lansing, MI 48933.

If you are unable to meet this deadline, the petition will be presented as an agenda item at the Board’s next meeting (but no date scheduled at this time).

Please let me know if you have questions."

I have made said simple changes, and took off to print the 15 copies and get them off to Lansing D.C. on Monday.

Game On. Are You?

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Because Michigan Statute Laws Create More Criminals.

Timothy L. Locke

Edited by Timmahh

Good for you 

Thank you for working so hard on getting cannabis Legal in Michigan and stoping  Leo from arresting people 

amend the State Constitution is great but what about  the State Constitution being changed

will Lansing change anything else i've been told that if it's opened up Lansing will change lots of other things also  ?

Editor: 

Michigan policymakers have an opportunity to establish a responsible regulatory framework for medical marijuana, which will provide much-needed certainty for businesses and communities, protect patients and prevent unfair monopolies that shut out state entrepreneurs. 

In November, Ohioans rejected a ballot measure to legalize marijuana that would have given 10 entities exclusive rights to grow marijuana in the Buckeye State. Michigan's Legislature is considering medical marijuana proposals that would prevent monopolies from controlling the market. 

Michigan's proposal caps the number of plants a grower can cultivate to 1,500. Businesses can hold five licenses, no more. All businesses must play by the same set of rules, to be enforced rigorously by a state agency that will track all products from seed to sale, license businesses and conduct background checks. 

These safeguards not only ensure good business practices and keep out bad actors, but they also level the playing field so small family operations can compete fairly. They protect patients, while providing clear direction for local communities and promoting public safety. 

Additionally, Michigan's medical marijuana framework will raise revenue for critical public services such as law enforcement and help fund Michigan's roads. 

Voters hate monopolies. They want small business to get a fair shake and compete. Michigan's medical marijuana proposals will spark local entrepreneurship and provide common-sense safeguards that can protect patients and support local businesses.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20151206/OPINION02/312069985/letter-support-medical-marijuana-safeguards-for-state

Edited by bobandtorey

i think the author of the article got the 4209 bill mixed up with milegalize.

4209's 3% tax will go to the medical marijuana license operating fund or whate ver to keep track of dispensaries, not the roads. and not the michigan medical marijuana fund either. its a seperate not-generalfund fund.

And we shouldn't be paying for the roads either. How and heck do you tie marijuana to road funding in a fair way? That's another type of extortion. When my marijuana has an engine and wheels I will let it be used to pave the roads. 

this could be used 

http://www.americanhempllc.com/#!hempcrete/c1y0f

i think the author of the article got the 4209 bill mixed up with milegalize.

4209's 3% tax will go to the medical marijuana license operating fund or whate ver to keep track of dispensaries, not the roads. and not the michigan medical marijuana fund either. its a seperate not-generalfund fund.

They read almost the same.  I say the Author was pretty on point, even if they confused the extremely minor variances between them all.

Edited by Timmahh

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan's Petition submitted for Board of Canvassers Approval will be up for review at the next BoC meeting with the suggestion of approval by the Staff.
I am waiting to hear back when the next BoC meeting will be held.  At which time we should gain BoC Approval on the Petition for Constitutional Amendment to Repeal Prohibition and make the Cannabis Plant lawful for Agricultural, Commercial Industrial, Medicinal, Personal, and Recreational Purposes. Allows for No Excise taxation, no Fines, nor any legislation allowed that will diminish use of the cannabis plant.  No more splitting hairs, no more Government Control and Authority over your use, or your Parental/Legal Guardian Rights to choose the care and treatment of your own children... A.P.M. removes government authority and repeals all prohibitions in the State, which means each and every county will have to submit to the Will of We the People.  As a Constitutional Amendment, Lansing D.C. can not Legislate it. The only way it can be challenged is in Court under a Constitutional Challenge.
Division 1, Section 1 of the Michigan Constitution clearly states, "The Political Power is Inherent in the People."  Furthermore, our political initiative process is one of the strongest in the country, and our Right to Modify our Constitution is Sound and Proven.  And the only other way Lansing D.C. can change the Constitution, is to submit any changes to We the People for a Vote at the next Election.  We have to Authorize any Changes Lansing D.C. wants to make to the Constitution. Unlike Indirect Legislative Initiatives, which are pieces of legislation that legislature legislates upon.

So I must again ask, why kick the can a foot down the road, when we can just pick the can up and be done with the games...
Unless you all like playing the game Lansing D.C. has crafted out of the last piece of Indirect Legislative Initiative called the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. 
If you don't like the current game, then my next question is how exactly will new Indirect Statutory Legislation on an entirely different matter be able fix anything?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am just reading the Writing Wrote Upon the "Law Wall".  Think this through. The MMM Act was passed as an Indirect Legislative Initiative. How is a new piece of Indirect Legislative Initiative regarding anything to do with cannabis going to resolve any of the current issues and not make more issues out of the new legislation?
 Remember that the Same Legislation will be in place in 2017, after we pass whatever we end up passing.  Already ready to go with that 75%.  

You watch. This stuff will be rammed through the 1st of next year, and none of us will enjoy it.

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan offers the Only Solution to Cannabis Prohibition in Michigan. 
Giving Lansing D.C. more Indirect Legislative Initiatives to Legislate upon will only result in more Legislation which will Create More Criminals.
Does this really need to be repeated again?

We'll leave the light on for you, because it wont be long before you see what that writing says as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DM2016BMLCMC/?ref=bookmarks

Edited by Timmahh

Abrogate already missed its first deadline?

I have made said simple changes, and took off to print the 15 copies and take them down to Lansing at 3:00pm. But had a hiccup (copied wrong file to the thumbdrive) and did not have time to come back home, get the correct file, and make it down to Lansing by 5pm tonight to meet the deadline for the Meeting this Thursday, Dec. 3rd...

So now you are a month behind your goal?

I am looking for competency. I hope there is better structure for signature gathering and organization.

Abrogate already missed its first deadline?

So now you are a month behind your goal?

I am looking for competency. I hope there is better structure for signature gathering and organization.

After the hard-line approach from the abrogate team earlier this fall, I was shocked by this as well. However, there was a medical emergency in the heirarchy. bunny muffin happens, but I agree....I'd have more confidence if it seemed a little more organized. Edited by suneday11