Imidacloprid Is The Reason Co Has Its 6Th Mmj Recall This Year.

pic book

How can this be? We've been told dispensary products are tested and safe! I still want to personally know who grows my meds.

Hold the Pesticides Please: Colorado Companies Recall Edibles   Nov 9, 2015

Product recalls have been called for by two Colorado edible companies on their own products. The first company is Edipure, recalling 20,000 packages of these products: Peanut Brittle, Raspberry Jellies, Sour Gummi Bears, Rainbow Belts and sundry licorice delivered to forty retail stores. The second company is Gaia’s Garden, recalling 8,000 packages of 21 products, some of which have already been shelved at 176 retail stores. Consumers who have already bought these products have been told to either throw out the products or return them to stores.

Both of the companies purchased the cannabis they used to make the edible from TruCannabis, a company who had called for a recall earlier in October because of concerns over pesticide uses. There have not been any scientific studies to figure out how safe the pesticides used on food crops are, so the Colorado Department of Agriculture introduced a rule stating that it does not recommend “the use of any pesticide not specifically tested, labeled and assigned a set tolerance for use on marijuana because the health effects on consumers are unknown.”

The legal cannabis industry has been negatively portrayed because of scandals and product liability lawsuits because of the use of fungicide myclobutanil in Eagle 20, and the use of insecticides imidacloprid and the miticide abamectin in Avid. Before that, though, these pesticides were considered to be environmentally friendly. The Environmental Protection Agency has not helped out in guiding a safe administration of pesticides to marijuana because cannabis is still federally illegal. Because of that, Colorado has been forced to impose their own regulations with no reliable data on pesticides with cannabis flowers, extracts, or edibles.

You will not see an organic label on any cannabis products because “organic” is a federally regulated term which cannot be legally applied to cannabis products. Even then, there are still producers who try to look after the health of both consumers and the environment such as Honest Marijuana, Colorado Harvest Company and Maggie’s Farm – which has been Clean Green certified.

http://marijuanastocks.com/hold-the-pesticides-please-colorado-companies-recall-edibles/

To members of the genus Apis, the honey bees, imidacloprid is one of the most toxic chemicals ever created as an insecticide.

What honeybees are inside my indoor garden?  I use IMID as needed basis.  VERY RARELY but every once in a while it must be used.  If you look up residual amounts, its located in all food crops.

• 2 weeks later...

Where's the rest of the story pic? :)

wiki lists 21 brand names containing imidacloprid but I don't recognize any of them.

weed is $3000 per pound today versus in june, the month before mandated testing began, price was $1700 pound.  the price rise was cause 2/3 of cannabis tasted failed and had to be destroyed. 

Edited by pic book

I quit using adulterants on my plants and bought predator mites ill update my progress once they get here .

If you do it as a preventative, they work ok, but once the mites are gone they die off , so back to the store and if the infestation is a good one, they can't do the job well enough. JMHO  just use those organic versions, but the best plan is not to get them in the first place. I haven't had a mite for 5 yrs. with out any treatment and i even take the odd clone in.. I did hear lately that spinosad , ( I swear by it) was in Colorado at first not accepted. however it was later approved in that state.

usual names are dead bug, by 

Ready-to-Use Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew ... Monterey Spinosad Organic Garden Insect Spray 

I developed and awesome and natural solution to mites and other pests. I grow my plants bare root in hydro..no Rockwool, hydroton, etc.

Picture a clone coming out of the easy closer and put in a 2" net pot inserted into a 2" hole in a 5-gallon bucket lid, where it runs through its life from veg to flower to harvest.

This lets me take any plant at any stage of growth and flip it upside down and submerge it in a 30 gallon trash can full of water for hours. No pests live through that.

will the azamax be fatal to the monsters?

If you apply it as they are on the plant yes instructions say to apply the azamax then before the next cycle introduce the predator mites I will be hitting my veg tonight and releasing the borg killers tomorrow when they arrive via UPS  I will update my results in a week or so. 

I developed and awesome and natural solution to mites and other pests. I grow my plants bare root in hydro..no Rockwool, hydroton, etc.

Picture a clone coming out of the easy closer and put in a 2" net pot inserted into a 2" hole in a 5-gallon bucket lid, where it runs through its life from veg to flower to harvest.

This lets me take any plant at any stage of growth and flip it upside down and submerge it in a 30 gallon trash can full of water for hours. No pests live through that.

How do the plants react after being submerged for hours do they recover slowly or bounce right back ?

on a 7 day schedule, spray the first day with azamax, set off a pyrethrin bug bomb on day 4 and spray azamax again on day 7.  It'll sterilize anything that hatches and eats for the first 4 days then the bug bomb will kill off anything out of the egg and the second spray will recoat the plant if anything is possibly left that hatched out after the bug bomb.