Police Shut Down Kent Co. Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

bobandtorey

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) -- Police say they have confiscated marijuana, cash and other evidence from a number of medical marijuana dispensaries in Kent County.

Members of the Metropolitan Enforcement Team and Kent County Sheriff's Department hit at least three businesses Wednesday night.

Police don't say what possible crimes they are investigating, but say they confiscated marijuana, cash and other evidence from the dispensaries.

One of them, TPC on West River Drive, recently opened.

"It kind of shocked me," says nearby resident Klayton Steffes. "I saw all the squad cars and I was like wow, they are already getting raided. My mom uses medical marijuana as kind of a pain reliever. I know she comes over here. It's nice. It's convenient. It's down the corner from my house."

A man who answered the door at TPC, also known as The Provisions Center, confirmed police took their medical marijuana and their money.

Police say some or all of the businesses raided may be owned by the same people.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/2015/11/18/police-shut-down-kent-county-pot-dispensaries/76033254/

Here's three more for ya,

MMMP: A tool for the executive and judicial branches to steal from, jail and ruin the lives of law-abiding citizens.
MMM Cards: A piece of plastic that offers a false sense of security for medical marijuana patients.
MSC: A place where kangaroos flourish.

One has to come to the conclusion that no matter what the law says, no matter what protections are afforded, we will still be targeted in every way imaginable. So for those that go beyond the rest and establish dispensaries in hostile areas, well it's not really a surprise what becomes of them. There's a lot of good people out there who actually want to help sick people, but for every one of those there are greedy individuals that for example sell to non-cardholders for the purpose of becoming "rich". Until we fix the executive and judicial branches in Michigan, and furthermore remove elements of greed (from both sides), very little progress will be made on the overall issue. In fact, I only see the law(s) becoming more complicated, misrepresented and contrived as we move forwards.

MILEGALIZE 2016 Hopeful ?

Imo only the people that have been raided and Railroaded by the Courts feel as we both do i talk to people all the time about this and most just don't believe it i understand why when they see dispensaries selling Cannabis all day long making money how could they not think everything is just fine as long as they have a card

After our Raid' dispensaries where opening up everywhere i thought how can Leo Raid ' a Cancer patient and take their Home away and put them in Court for 5 long years and the Cancer patient spends their last five years  of Life in Court when others are openly  selling cannabis 

PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- There are new details about Wednesday's raid of three medical marijuana dispensaries in Kent County.

The Kent County Undersheriff tells WZZM 13 that state and county narcotics teams conducted several undercover operations and then seized marijuana and cash from the businesses in Plainfield Township.

76076312_Still.jpg

Police raids of dispensaries not uncommon

If Thursday mid-morning was any indication, the building marked TPC on West River Drive in Plainfield Township gets its share of traffic.

"Look, you've got customers coming," said patient Adrian Joseph, "and they can't get their medicine right now."

However, a short time later there was an empty parking lot as it became clear to patients with medical marijuana cards the doors are closed.

"I was going to stop in and they said, 'They shut everyone down last night,' and I was like, 'Oh really,'" said Joseph. "I think it's wrong, because I don't have anywhere to go."

TPC was closed, but the Provision Center on Plainfield was open again on Thursday. That's the second of three businesses that authorities raided on Wednesday. The other is on Northland Drive.

Kent County Undersheriff Michelle LaJoye-Young says authorities received tips from people in the area. "The complaints that we received have been over the course of November," said Undersheriff Young. That led to several undercover operations. State and county drug teams seized several materials. "Marijuana material, plants, any product; they'll look for cash that may be related to the business."

Undersheriff Young says the businesses were busted for a simple reason. "Dispensaries are illegal in Michigan, and that means a business whose business it is to distribute to even medical-marijuana card-holders."

"I think police should be using their time to tackle more dangerous criminals, people that are actually doing wrong," said Joseph.

WZZM 13 asked Undersheriff Young if some communities are tougher on this type of crime than other communities.

"I think some communities may have the resources to investigate more completely than other communities, but the same law is across the state of Michigan," she said.

Tips from the community led to the bust, but now others want their voices heard.

"If you're for it, tell people why you're for it, how it helps you," said Joseph.

No one was arrested during the raid. However, the Undersheriff tells WZZM 13 that criminal charges could follow. That will be up to the prosecutors office to decide.

Last night (November 18, 2015), before closing time, Michigan State Police task forces (MET) showed up at The Provisioning Center on Plainfield Avenue to conduct a raid attorney Matt Herman Showed up at the scene to make sure patients rights were not violated. They took all computers, scales, medicine, jars, or anything of value; same as if they had gotten robbed.

At the same time, a similar raid was taking place at TPC West, but was being conducted by The Kent Area Narcotics Enforcement Team known as (KANET). One officer was recognized as a patient with a card that had been in several times before. The owners of TPC had their home searched and anything of value was taken. Even the modest vehicles were seized, as well both early 2000 model vehicles.

It was also reported that one other shop was raided in the area. All three affected dispensaries were located in Plainfield.

No arrests have been made. Occupants were all interviewed and released. Information is due to be turned over to the Kent County Prosecutor’s office where they will decide if charges shall be brought.

But because of Michigan’s current asset forfeiture laws, it is unlikely that any belongings will ever make their way back to the rightful owners.

http://hybrid.life/kent-county-raids-shake-a-community/