In Cannabis, Myrcene Levels Tend To Dictate Whether A Particular Strain Will Bare Sativa Or Indica Effects Upon Administration.

It's a synergistic effect between two powerful psychotropic substances! Really.

Anyone that doubts this should read Andrew Weil's various musings on mango consumption in India & South America, talking about the arrival of mango season and folks sitting on the street with a bag of the fruit, mango juice dribbling out of the corners of their mouth, with a glazed look of ecstasy as they consume the nectar of the gods.

Mmmm, mangoes.

It's a synergistic effect between two powerful psychotropic substances! Really.

Anyone that doubts this should read Andrew Weil's various musings on mango consumption in India & South America, talking about the arrival of mango season and folks sitting on the street with a bag of the fruit, mango juice dribbling out of the corners of their mouth, with a glazed look of ecstasy as they consume the nectar of the gods.

Mmmm, mangoes.

Heck, you peaked my interest enough to try and figure out why it didn't work for me. So I researched it using Andrew Weil in the search terms. Spent some time reading and I came up with this trinket of knowledge;

I also learned myrcene is at its highest concentration in overly ripe mangos and that lower quality strains of marijuana generally do not have as much myrcene as higher quality strains.

Heck, you peaked my interest enough to try and figure out why it didn't work for me. So I researched it using Andrew Weil in the search terms. Spent some time reading and I came up with this trinket of knowledge;

I also learned myrcene is at its highest concentration in overly ripe mangos and that lower quality strains of marijuana generally do not have as much myrcene as higher quality strains.

Quite interesting, although my post about a synergistic effect between mangoes & cannabis was tongue in cheek.

BTW, I've always loved Andrew Weil's writings on altered states of consciousness (The Natural Mind should be on everyone's bookshelf!). Although my opinion of him sadly took a nosedive when I read about his interactions with Alpert & Leary during the Harvard days. Baba Ram Dass to this day refuses to talk to Weil...