Now That It Is Crystal Clear With The New Detroit Dispensary Regulations Passed By The Detroit City Council

pic book

who wants to partner with me on one of the 631 approved parcels where a disp can legally be set up?

I am white, 62, a resident of detroit and experienced in disp ownership and operation and grow as well, but buckless.  You can call or text me at 248-929-2886. 

Edited by pic book

In Detroit every adult can possess 1 ounce (only on private property).  That means a potential market of 220,000 adults who have the blessing of the city to smoke and purchase smoke, and they now as well have the city's blessing on legal outlets at which to purchase that smoke. The smart move is to pick the best 10 of the 631 locations (not already taken) and build a retail brand across the best locations, locations, locations. 

who wants to partner with me on one of the 631 approved parcels where a disp can legally be set up?

I am white, 62, a resident of detroit and experienced in disp ownership and operation and grow as well, but buckless.  You can call or text me at 248-929-2886. 

All hat no cattle? It's all about having product. Most folks don't need any help selling it if it's good. Grasp at straws and your partner will be LEO. 

I am of the opinion that the face of cannabis is going to change drastically and within our life time.

Store fronts will be common place and proliferate.

We will have high end (Boutiques) and the 'dollar store' shops on the same block.

Getting in now at a prime location is very risky of course but... well...  some folks are willing to risk

everything (freedom) to secure their future in this 'green rush'.

I am quite conflicted about this of course.  On one hand I am glad for the trail blazers that risk

everything to make cannabis common place.  I fear the loss of personal grows though and that

is not acceptable.  On the other hand... the commercialization of cannabis is arriving and that

is not always a good thing for the quality of our herb (anything really).

Best of luck to you pic

right, close a dispensary and now you'll just get people delivering weed like a pizza.

which is what happened in california.

then they try to ban the delivery services ....

Already happened here, of course. A few months back I ran low and didn't feel like driving out to a dispensary. Weedmaps had some delivery services listed and I liked the reviews of one close to me. Called 'em up and had home delivery of 1/4 in 1/2 hour. Totally hassle free. 

Just had to comment... 'I am white'... Lol

Not knocking u specifically pic, because it actually is a relevant point to have mentioned. Was speaking w a few not white people interested in opening a store, and even they expressed that they wanted a white front person and white girls tending. Anyway, not a comedian so dont have funny half to end this with, just is what it is, a two way street i suppose

Anyway, in general, gl pic and if u end up w a spot, hope to hell u run it as a decent person... Way too much temptation and ease to do otherwise.

They are still illegal...

No, they are not. they are a Public Nuisance, which is a Policy, Not a Constitutional Law.

The way our Constitution works If it is NOT expressly Forbidden, aka Murder, it is Expressly Constitutional.

The MMM Act (as well as all the recreational legalized pot proposals)  is an Indirect Legislative Initiative, thus Legislation, Legislatures Legislate on Legislature.

This is why Legislation can Legislate upon it.  That said, there was NOTHING in the MMM Act that expressly prohibited "Dispensaries, Provisioning Centers, Farmers Markets" ect...

The MMM Act stood Moot on them, thus they are not Expressly Forbidden, so by Constitutional Law, they are Expressly ALLOWED!

Public Policy, aka Michigan Compiled Law (MCL) is 99% of the time, not under alignment with the State's Constitution, let alone the Constitution for These united States of America.

At any rate, if they are "ILLEGAL" why are there over 500 of them around the State, open and in daily operations?

Edited by Timmahh

No, they are not. they are a Public Nuisance, which is a Policy, Not a Constitutional Law.

The way our Constitution works If it is NOT expressly Forbidden, aka Murder, it is Expressly Constitutional.

The MMM Act (as well as all the recreational legalized pot proposals)  is an Indirect Legislative Initiative, thus Legislation, Legislatures Legislate on Legislature.

This is why Legislation can Legislate upon it.  That said, there was NOTHING in the MMM Act that expressly prohibited "Dispensaries, Provisioning Centers, Farmers Markets" ect...

The MMM Act stood Moot on them, thus they are not Expressly Forbidden, so by Constitutional Law, they are Expressly ALLOWED!

Public Policy, aka Michigan Compiled Law (MCL) is 99% of the time, not under alignment with the State's Constitution, let alone the Constitution for These united States of America.

At any rate, if they are "ILLEGAL" why are there over 500 of them around the State, open and in daily operations?

You do realize that is very bad logic and has been proven to be wrong over and over again.

They are illegal under the CSA Timmah.  The MMMAct is an exception to the CSA.  Anything outside of the Act or "not mentioned" fall under the CSA.

This exact specific concept is why we ended up on opposite sides.  I have been proven correct over and over again. You have been proven wrong! Very wrong as a matter of fact.  Peanutbutter logic only works on low informed people.

Heres the thing,... I want you to be right.  I soooo wish you were right in your argument.  But you simply aren't on this issue.

There are hookers on street corners all over the state. It does not make the practice legal in Michigan. There are people standing on street corners selling crack,... it does not make them legal.

*double blink*

actually, the conduct is illegal, according to the michigan supreme court case mcqueen.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/sourcefiles/state-of-michigan-vs-mcqueen.pdf

Although it did so for a different reason than the one we articulate, the Court of

Appeals reached the correct conclusion that defendants are not entitled to operate a

business that facilitates patient-to-patient sales of marijuana. Because the business model

of defendants’ dispensary relies entirely on transactions that do not comply with the

MMMA, defendants are operating their business in “[a] building . . . used for the

unlawful . . . keeping for sale . . . or furnishing of any controlled substance,” and plaintiff

is entitled to an injunction enjoining the continuing operation of the business because it is

a public nuisance. 69

and then just in case you thought you could do unregistered cg-patient under sec 4

(4) As a result, § 4 does not offer immunity to a registered qualifying patient who

transfers marijuana to another registered qualifying patient, nor does it offer immunity to

a registered primary caregiver who transfers marijuana to anyone other than a registered

qualifying patient to whom the caregiver is connected through the MDCH’s registration

process.

do the dispensary employees rely on sec 4 or sec8 ? sec8.

unless you figured out how to fit into the supreme courts' "medical use for their own condition transfer".

sec8 is a defense to an illegal act.

i think the supreme court actually threw the dispensaries a bone in mcqueen. shut them down via nuisance claims and then they wont have to throw everyone in criminal court and sec8 for everyone and the supreme court wont have to rule on it for years because judges and prosecutors didnt get the hint.

i dont agree with the supreme court in this ruling (the dissent is much better) but it is currently the law of the land.

then they won't have to throw everyone in criminal court and sec8 for everyone ? Yes i agree and that is why we were never going to win we where at the High Court and got out of their because the High Court and some Lawyers didn't want it to be over

It is only my own Opinion 

If Sec 8 is real cannabis would be legal today