Low Lights Off Temperature

blackhorse

Notice the temperature is around 65 degree during lights off.

Installed a dehumidifier and set at 50 percent, only use half hour and off for an hour. This keeps the moisture down under 50 percent, but not enough heat to raise temp in room.

My question is should I add a heater to keep temp in the 70's?

Installed a dehumidifier and set at 50 percent, only use half hour and off for an hour. This keeps the moisture down under 50 percent, but not enough heat to raise temp in room.

Id say not a HUGE deal but im not rich to fix every little thing thats not "perfect" conditions. Might lower your yield depending on strain

no worries. If you can keep the RH below 50% you could even purposely cause a rainbow of colors to appear in 50f temps every day of the year with no issues. It is easier to control the rh with the higher temps of 70+, but you got it squared away. watch it with a high/low monitor and enjoy the colors.\

peace

Checked the high/low meter and temp is 63 at night to 81 daytime (maybe last 2 hours before lights out). The Humidity is high of 45 and low of 37.

I'm thinking this will work ok.   

Watch for potassium issues with that low of humidity and temps.  I've read plants go thru k like crazy in lo humidity and I think I remember reading that k has uptake issues in cold temps.  Don't think it was that hi of lo temps but something to watch for.

Plants are doing well, had a small amount of tip burn. Corrected the PH.

Have one plant under a 600 watt reflector and some of center leaves are turning yellow. Thinking from the light? This plant is really spread out and open. Gorilla Glue #4.

Off temp is staying 63 as lowest, keeping heater off at this time. They seem to be ok.

MJ can take a freeze and snow covered outdoors, with out any issue, unless its sustained cold its fine. I let my winter temps indoors drop to 40's all the time. All  my purps, turn such a lovely color.. I always felt a nice chill helped the purp come out. Might be just me silly thoughts. but I have friends that grow outdoor, and as long as the buds are dried out right away they can leave it alone outside to late nov. 

Many growers would love like lights-off temps in the sixties, or even colder.

Running a de-humidifier to keep the flowering area RH down during the cool temps is prudent.

Flushing dirt weekly with aerated water when using soil like FF OF straight can reduce the total nutrient use and result in increased yield. A lot of suspected nutrient issues are related to either lack of o2 or too much build-up.

The orchard lady told me in November apples left on the tree were fine unless picked while still frozen. Or after a prolonged freeze. But if the temps were below freezing in the early mornings and then rose during the day, th apples were fine.

I don't imagine apples are like cannabis flowers but the apples were fine. So was the pie.

Edited by outsideinthecold

Many growers would love like lights-off temps in the sixties, or even colder.

Running a de-humidifier to keep the flowering area RH down during the cool temps is prudent.

Flushing dirt weekly with aerated water when using soil like FF OF straight can reduce the total nutrient use and result in increased yield. A lot of suspected nutrient issues are related to either lack of o2 or too much build-up.

The orchard lady told me in November apples left on the tree were fine unless picked while still frozen. Or after a prolonged freeze. But if the temps were below freezing in the early mornings and then rose during the day, th apples were fine.

I don't imagine apples are like cannabis flowers but the apples were fine. So was the pie.

My dad always told me that apples have to have a nice frost to get them the sweetest. I dont know how true that is, but from personal experience gettin apples from orchards, i always felt it was true to me.. 

The dehumidifier runs 30 minutes and off an hour during night time. RH is staying below 45 so far.

Best way to learn is experimenting.

Leaves are still green, not turning purple yet. Wait and see.

Let them reall get a good chill for  two weeks or so before harvest, every night see how that works. I'm bettin you will see purp just ooze out.. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Get a heater in there for lights off.  You should try to avoid over a 15 degree swing, anymore than that and it can cause stress to a plant. I like to keep mine at a 5-8 degree difference.  Plants do recognize these changes and positively respond to them when you mimic nature (your typical day fluctuates between 8-15 degrees day time vs night time).