Drying Rack From Wally World For $6

Digitalmixx187

I was at Walmart earlier and noticed this sweet little drying rack, I bought one to try it out. It was only like $6, so how can I go wrong?!? It's not as big as the ones sold at the grow shops but it was also about a fifth of the price. I thought it would be handy to hang near the trimming table and then just throw all the loose nugs and popcorn bud in the racks.

post-39488-0-49297700-1452313992_thumb.jpeg

I've been using a similar rack in my drying room , advanced nutrients sold me in 2009(44$)

Its the same design, larger trays, less of them. I wont dry any other way forever.

I bought two more of them! I use one outdoors to store grass clippings for my rabbits to avoid the mold, and another

for my herb gardens' produce.   good find!  thanks for sharing! 

I just had a conversation the other day about coconut oil infusion, and from what ive heard its one of the best fats to bind with the THC, sadly for me though, my digestive system is highly reactive to coconut oil, I had an absolutely horrible experience while at work after taking 2 capsules that where filled with medicated coconut oil. Thanks for the info anyway though T-Pain, $4 is a great price for it!

During the last haul at the grow shop, I had a drying rack picked out and then decided on not getting it, I've always just left the nugs on the stems and hung them on a string or clothes hangers. But for the loose buds, popcorn, and trim, I figure one of these racks would be really handy! I'll revive this post and leave some feedback about how this little rack worked after next harvest!

i'm still worried about people taking branches and seperating them into buds.

rather keep it all on one big donkey stem... usable, nonusable and all that.

yeah these drying racks are great for california, where there arent 2.5oz limits and 12 plants . but here? .... be careful

I keep a digi scale hanging at my trim table and atop my drying rack in the drying room. I trim colas first, and put them in the hanging weighted bag,  usually discard everything else if I didn't already lollipop it growing.

If my max possession weight is 15 ounces I stop trimming at around that point, keeping some slush room for my own  stash on hand. With Jorge Cervantes dry room specs my herb loses 75% of its water weight in five days like clockwork. Its now ready to "cure".   I accept patients that insist on "curing" their own buds, and I deliver their requests. Any thing not delivered is mine then to the bunnies. All harvest/garden trim is fed to my rabbits immediately, root balls are broken up and composted, soil is recycled into our vegetable gardens.  my room is 12 x 40, divided into two sections by a curtain, one is 10x 12 and the other 30 x 12. I require another 28 x 30 work space to make this happen, mostly storage really, but the footprint is definitely used with soil, trays, racks, bins, soil(cement) mixer, tools, etc.

This wont work for any one else of course, but maybe could take some of it and make it work for you.  Unfortunately I cannot afford to teach the courts, or officers what the term "useable" may mean so I make it stupid simple to clearly see what is on hand, useable or not, even in the dark, the scale light illuminates. 

In have never been over plant counts or weights since 2009 when I became a cg. Once my program was implemented I had no issues managing it. It starts with those first seeds lol.

did you see the recent case grassmatch, where the coa talked about how many days it takes to dry?

the court is getting into the details...

http://publicdocs.courts.mi.gov:81/OPINIONS/FINAL/COA/20160107_C321804_44_321804.OPN.PDF

interestingly, the coa made up a new work of fiction and call it "harvested marijuana" now. where is "harvest" anywhere in the mmma? its not...

yep, saw that.  I make sure to never have a combined dry or wet or in between weight over my legal limit. It takes special patients to

participate in this way.  Punctuality, experience, maturity play a big part and its worth it to me to service only those types.

The ridiculousness of the whole thing leads me to harvesting plants and giving them directly to the patient like the arrangement phaq has. Patients are  hassled less for weight restrictions while growers seem to be targets. The patients I know cannot take whole plants. If they could manage the smell to avoid detection they'd be growing it themselves.

I know in my heart now that even if your 12 plants were wet and hanging the judge could say so what, when its dry enough to use it will still be in violation. I don't like it one bit. The key is to follow the law and stay out of he radar. 

ODOR CONTROL 101

A little research into the world of food grade oils will help in understanding my concern.

A higher price doesn't guarantee a higher quality product of course but it is a good first indicator.

(except imo designer fashion clothing where the consumer pays upwards of 2k for 1/2

yard of fabric so they can have the designer label).

If I buy things at a dollar store, I get dollar store quality.

big lots has brand name goods that are close or near to expiration date for less prices.

they also have dollar store type brands.

unfortunately i've found big name brands have also dropped in quality to compete with dollar store brands. i dont know whats good or bad anymore.

all i know is walmart is terrible.

big lots has brand name goods that are close or near to expiration date for less prices.

they also have dollar store type brands.

unfortunately i've found big name brands have also dropped in quality to compete with dollar store brands. i dont know whats good or bad anymore.

all i know is walmart is terrible.

I agree.

I don't shop walmart and haven't for years.  Joe Casias was the final straw for me.

My poverty not my morality consents to my shopping at Walmart, I don't agree with all of there corporate policies and practices, but I can abide them to save money of the grocery bill.

I so get it as I am poor also.  We all do what we choose and my comment was not in any way intended to put a 'check' on anyone's shopping preferences :)

Heck, I still hit the dollar store for certain items and I buy most of my clothing at thrift shops.  I save money on clothing so that I can shop for my food items from more local sources (farmers mrks mostly).  These are my personal choices and work for me. 

Here's a lil something that has been bothering me concerning the quality of items and just what might be in the products I purchase;

I picked up an el cheapo ($1) 'bullet' for smoking herb. I can pack it and pocket it and I liked it until I used it.  The rubber nipple that I draw

from smells like incense.  Hu?  Rubber should not smell like that and it is strong smelling.  I set it on the side table about 3 ft. from me and

I can still smell it.  I am not comfortable using it so... I tossed it out.  I will be more cautious with any purchases intended to be used in or on

my body from here on out.  Again, just a personal choice.

imo, the drying rack you got is a nice find and I hope it serves you well for years to come :)

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate the whole conversation we're all having here. I didn't feel attacked or put down because I shop at Walmart, I was just explaining why I shop there. I'm happy that we all can discuss it here like mature adults, that are understanding of each other!