Mi Pot Arrest Statistics...

also i think that since its become legal medically here and for recreational use in a few other states people may be more forthcoming about being truthful on those statistical surveys.. as the truth comes out and cannabis becomes legal more i think people tend to feel safer and will answer these survey questions more truthfully now.

Ahh,I didn't see this thread:

Marijuana arrests in Michigan by year:

2007: 19,691

2008: 19,773

2009: 21,015

2010: 22,443

2011: 20,082

2012: 20,349

Feel free to add to it.

Here is a funny link to look at...

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/37319-michigan-information-for-cannabis-specific-statistics/

Marijuana arrests in Michigan by year:

2007: 19,691

2008: 19,773

2009: 21,015

2010: 22,443

2011: 20,082

2012: 20,349

1995: 16,111

1996: 17,216

1997: 17,942

1998: 17,183

1999: 16,770

2000: 16,679

2001: 18,427

2002: 17,708

source

http://norml.org/pdf_files/state_arrests_2004/NORML_MI_Marijuana_Arrests.pdf

2003: 17,720

source http://www.drugscience.org/States/MI/MI.pdf

alcu says

2010: 21,818 for all marijuana arrests

2010: 17,830 for possession arrests alone

source https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/aclu-thewaronmarijuana-rel2.pdf

2014: 20,483

source: http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/10/michigan_pot_arrests_are_trend.html

According to those numbers, from 2008 – 2014 the increase is only 3.6%. In terms of increase per year for the 2008-2014 period (0.6% increase per year), it is a lot less than the 1995 – 2008 period (1.8% increase per year).

The 400% is just like the “cardholder numbers are dropping due to a confusing law and patient-LEO harassment” scheme taking place 1-2 years ago (when in fact numbers were drastically increasing). At the same time, a lot of cardholders are being harassed and charged with bogus crimes, so that should not be down played. Same people involved?

Edited by Alphabob

it could be mmma specific arrests went up 400%?

just based on the simple fact that there were only 6,000 patients in 2009 and 180,000 patients today. ? who knows... i blame bob.

patient count numbers here: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/626/entry-1167-michigan-medical-marihuana-registered-patient-counts-over-the-years/

Marijuana use and possession made up 86 percent of all marijuana arrests in 2014. The remaining arrests were for selling, "producing," smuggling and "other," according to the data.

it appears as though statistically speaking its safer to grow than it is to use...

i mean 86% for use or possession?

i bet that includes all the plea deals where people plea down to simple possession instead of facing a distribution charge for selling..

yes them are the numbers we need access to,  there is no doubt alot of them are pled down from distributing, ilegal transport, etc!

I like your new avatar!

I had one years ago, it was phaque, they let me have it one yr and said I couldnt have it again lol!

Peace

SHOCKING: MARIJUANA ARRESTS STILL HAPPEN EVERY 45 SECONDS…

If you think legalization has reduced the number of marijuana arrests in the country, think again – the arrest rates are still outrageous.

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report, every 45 seconds a person is arrested for a marijuana-related crime. The FBI claims that marijuana-related arrests increased in 2014, the first time this statistic has gone up since 2009.

The report shows that in 2013, there were 693,482 marijuana arrests but that number increased to 700,993 in 2014—90% of these arrests were for simple possession.

How Can This Be?  http://curebank.info/shocking-marijuana-arrests-still-happen-every-45-seconds/

The arrests increase as I have been saying have been floated around.  I have mentioned some groups have said the rate are up as much as 400%. while other hold the number lower.

That does not change the fact the rates of arrests have increased.  How they are counted strongly depends on how they are classified.

The rates have increased. Exactly how much is where the question lies.  For what its worth that number of 400% was being floated in 2014 by some of the more vocal groups of the time.

I saw a post from Timmahh this morning about it, and have heard it in passing discussing legalization with MI Legalize signature gatherers. It could be Bob is the wellspring for this bad statistic. Where did Timmahh get it?

from reading here and other places over the last 3 yrs plus.  Its been tossed out there.  I have been stating the 400% number is one of many that have been tossed around over the last few years, but what is sure, is arrests have increased. 

yes them are the numbers we need access to,  there is no doubt alot of them are pled down from distributing, ilegal transport, etc!

I like your new avatar!

I had one years ago, it was phaque, they let me have it one yr and said I couldnt have it again lol!

Peace

thanks ya silly phaque

it was my active plate for my Jeep back in '96... sometime near the end of the last century...

wow that statistic is kinda crazy when you think about it... being alive for the changing of a century...

it has been 2016 years since the death of Christ... what do you know..

thanks ya silly phaque

it was my active plate for my Jeep back in '96... sometime near the end of the last century...

wow that statistic is kinda crazy when you think about it... being alive for the changing of a century...

it has been 2016 years since the death of Christ... what do you know..

If you practiced judism the 1st coming of christ has'nt happened yet!

IF my aunt had balls she would be my uncle!  Thats all I know lmao!

Peace

edit=  I remember 1976  people painted their garage doors to be flags and celebrate the centenial, 10 more yrs and it will be the bi centenial eh?

I remember going to a prince concert back in the 80's,,,,,Life is just a party and party's were ment to last!

Party like its 1999, I got married in 2000, and divorced in 2001 wow what a messed up time for me,,,,my accident was in 1998, and Im just gonna say I was way over medicated lol!

Edited by phaquetoo