Look To The E-Cig Industry For Affordable Cannabis Vaping Tech ...

DimWit

All of these outlandishly priced Cannabis-Only vaping devices are unnecessary.  The E-Cig industry has developed everything needed to vaporize cannabis in ANY form ... and do it cheaply and stealthily.  It's On the Shelf ... and there is good competition ... resulting in Price Wars ... and THAT benefits ... US!!!    :blow-a-heart:

There's no magic to "vaporizing" cannabis ... in any form (dry herb, wax/shatter/liquid, etc).  You simply need to apply heat in the correct temperature range to "vaporize" the cannabis ingredients that we all want, without Combusting all the crap we don't want or need.

All ya need are three things:

1.  A Power Source/Device

2.  A Heat Source (like a wire coil)

3.  A Tank/Bowl to hold vaping material (dry herb, waxes, liquids, etc)

... well MAYBE one more thing ... {pssst ...}  NEVERMIND!  ...trust me ... ya don't wanna know ...

Let's look at each necessity individually ... and what we already have readily and inexpensively available in the E-Cig realm.

1.  Power Source:

We just need a battery powered device to supply energy to heat a simple coil, which in turn applies heat to whatever substance you want to vaporize.  The E-Cig Industry already has a wide assortment of these power sources ... better and MUCH CHEAPER than ANYTHING in the Cannabis Industry.  

More importantly, a great many E-Cig Power Devices allow us to simply switch out weakening batteries with fully charged batteries as needed so that we can continue using the Power Source quickly.  We don't need to recharge the power device before using it again.  Nor do we need to throw away the entire Power Device when it's battery goes stone dead.  We just buy a new rechargeable battery.  For a marathon group session down by the lake, just throw a couple charged batteries in your pocket, and you're good for the entire day or weekend.  

Changeable Batteries are rechargeable when it's convenient, or disposable if stone-cold  dead ... the more expensive Power Device need not be discarded simply because a battery went belly-up.

Perhaps more importantly, we now have inexpensive E-Cig Power Devices which allow us to precisely select the Temperature that our Heat Source (coil) operates at.  THAT is HUGE!  It means that we can easily optimize the Temperature that is applied to whatever we want to vape.  Whether it's Dry Herb, Waxy, or Liquid we can CHOOSE the optimal Temperature to suit both the substance being vaporized as well as to our personal preferences.  Believe it or not, some people PREFER to Combust rather than vaporize ... or mix Vapor with combusted stuff.  We already have that  inexpensive Option with today's E-Cig Power Sources/Devices.  

2.  Heat Source (typically a resistant wire coil):

No magic here.  The Power Source pushes electrons to and through a Heat Source (usually a resistant wire coil) ... heating that coil.  That coil heats your vaping material (yada, yada ... herb, wax, liquid, etc).  This is the most inexpensive piece of the equation, and the piece most likely to fail.  But replacing that failed Heat Source (coil) costs mere pennies to replace, and can be switched out within a minute by even a couched stoner within a minute.

3.  Tank/Bowl/Reservoir:

The tank/Bowl/Reservoir contains whatever stuff you want to vaporize.  It's a bit like an oven ... or a pot on top of a stove.  It contains the stuff you want to heat and vaporize.  Tanks with wicks work for liquids.  Ceramic Bowls for Dry Herb and waxy stuff.  It's a bit like putting a pot, a dutch oven, or a broiler grill in a heated oven.  What's interesting is that the same OVEN can accommodate a wide variety of tanks, bowls, pots, grills, steamers, etc.  With the ability to adjust the Power and the HEAT, we can cook anything from Pudding to Pot Roast in an oven.  The E-Cig Industry has ALREADY provided all the pots, pans, and steamers we need ... and VERY inexpensively.

Why don't we see the Cannabis Vaping Industry consolidating with, and standardizing these three basic components with the far more Evolved E-Cig Industry?  Simply put ... Profit.  The Cannabis Industry is smaller ... and more Elitist (consolidated in the hands of the Profit-Oriented Few ... rather than in the hands of the many).    And .. let's be honest ... stoners ain't all that into research.

THINK about it!  Stoners pay $600 to $800 to lung-bust on cannabis farts that they suck from a massive Volcano Bung-inflated CONDOM.  That's GREAT for schmidtz an' giggles ... but VERY Expensive, and UNNECESSARY on a daily basis!  

Me?   I'm after those same lovely cannabis farts ... but, I'll gladly sacrifice the Schmidtz & Giggles of Gold-Plated Volcano Farts in favor of a highly portable, STEALTHY, INEXPENSIVE, and equally satisfying E-Cig-ish alternative.

Don't be silly.  Don't be stOOpid.  Don't be the stereotypical Stoner.  Git yer meds and/or highs conveniently, stealthily, and inexpensively ... with the more EVOLVED Off-the-Shelf E-Cig hardware.

BTW ... this is my second post here ... sooooo ... please don't Trump me.

A friend of mine asked me:  "Did 'stoners' exist before the invention of the remote control?"  I said that I didn't know.  All that I could say was ... that stoners have PROBABLY existed  ... at LEAST ... since a plush SOD was invented and was widely available.

...DimWit

Edited by DimWit

All of these outlandishly priced Cannabis-Only vaping devices are unnecessary.  The E-Cig industry has developed everything needed to vaporize cannabis in ANY form ... and do it cheaply and stealthily.  It's On the Shelf ... and there is good competition ... resulting in Price Wars ... and THAT benefits ... US!!!    :blow-a-heart:

There's no magic to "vaporizing" cannabis ... in any form (dry herb, wax/shatter/liquid, etc).  You simply need to apply heat in the correct temperature range to "vaporize" the cannabis ingredients that we all want, without Combusting all the crap we don't want or need.

All ya need are three things:

1.  A Power Source/Device

2.  A Heat Source (like a wire coil)

3.  A Tank/Bowl to hold vaping material (dry herb, waxes, liquids, etc)

... well MAYBE one more thing ... {pssst ...}  NEVERMIND!  ...trust me ... ya don't wanna know ...

Let's look at each necessity individually ... and what we already have readily and inexpensively available in the E-Cig realm.

1.  Power Source:

We just need a battery powered device to supply energy to heat a simple coil, which in turn applies heat to whatever substance you want to vaporize.  The E-Cig Industry already has a wide assortment of these power sources ... better and MUCH CHEAPER than ANYTHING in the Cannabis Industry.  

More importantly, a great many E-Cig Power Devices allow us to simply switch out weakening batteries with fully charged batteries as needed so that we can continue using the Power Source quickly.  We don't need to recharge the power device before using it again.  Nor do we need to throw away the entire Power Device when it's battery goes stone dead.  We just buy a new rechargeable battery.  For a marathon group session down by the lake, just throw a couple charged batteries in your pocket, and you're good for the entire day or weekend.  

Changeable Batteries are rechargeable when it's convenient, or disposable if stone-cold  dead ... the more expensive Power Device need not be discarded simply because a battery went belly-up.

Perhaps more importantly, we now have inexpensive E-Cig Power Devices which allow us to precisely select the Temperature that our Heat Source (coil) operates at.  THAT is HUGE!  It means that we can easily optimize the Temperature that is applied to whatever we want to vape.  Whether it's Dry Herb, Waxy, or Liquid we can CHOOSE the optimal Temperature to suit both the substance being vaporized as well as to our personal preferences.  Believe it or not, some people PREFER to Combust rather than vaporize ... or mix Vapor with combusted stuff.  We already have that  inexpensive Option with today's E-Cig Power Sources/Devices.  

2.  Heat Source (typically a resistant wire coil):

No magic here.  The Power Source pushes electrons to and through a Heat Source (usually a resistant wire coil) ... heating that coil.  That coil heats your vaping material (yada, yada ... herb, wax, liquid, etc).  This is the most inexpensive piece of the equation, and the piece most likely to fail.  But replacing that failed Heat Source (coil) costs mere pennies to replace, and can be switched out within a minute by even a couched stoner within a minute.

3.  Tank/Bowl/Reservoir:

The tank/Bowl/Reservoir contains whatever stuff you want to vaporize.  It's a bit like an oven ... or a pot on top of a stove.  It contains the stuff you want to heat and vaporize.  Tanks with wicks work for liquids.  Ceramic Bowls for Dry Herb and waxy stuff.  It's a bit like putting a pot, a dutch oven, or a broiler grill in a heated oven.  What's interesting is that the same OVEN can accommodate a wide variety of tanks, bowls, pots, grills, steamers, etc.  With the ability to adjust the Power and the HEAT, we can cook anything from Pudding to Pot Roast in an oven.  The E-Cig Industry has ALREADY provided all the pots, pans, and steamers we need ... and VERY inexpensively.

Why don't we see the Cannabis Vaping Industry consolidating with, and standardizing these three basic components with the far more Evolved E-Cig Industry?  Simply put ... Profit.  The Cannabis Industry is smaller ... and more Elitist (consolidated in the hands of the Profit-Oriented Few ... rather than in the hands of the many).    And .. let's be honest ... stoners ain't all that into research.

THINK about it!  Stoners pay $600 to $800 to lung-bust on cannabis farts that they suck from a massive Volcano Bung-inflated CONDOM.  That's GREAT for schmidtz an' giggles ... but VERY Expensive, and UNNECESSARY on a daily basis!  

Me?   I'm after those same lovely cannabis farts ... but, I'll gladly sacrifice the Schmidtz & Giggles of Gold-Plated Volcano Farts in favor of a highly portable, STEALTHY, INEXPENSIVE, and equally satisfying E-Cig-ish alternative.

Don't be silly.  Don't be stOOpid.  Don't be the stereotypical Stoner.  Git yer meds and/or highs conveniently, stealthily, and inexpensively ... with the more EVOLVED Off-the-Shelf E-Cig hardware.

BTW ... this is my second post here ... sooooo ... please don't Trump me.

A friend of mine asked me:  "Did 'stoners' exist before the invention of the remote control?"  I said that I didn't know.  All that I could say was ... that stoners have PROBABLY existed  ... at LEAST ... since a plush SOD was invented and was widely available.

...DimWit

As a sailor, I'm always looking for gear that is quality, but "non-marine" as the price of the latter is usually 2-3 times (if not more) than the former. So, I'm totally on board with your line of thinking! Now, would you care to recommend an e-cig alternative for a stealth, portable and inexpensive vape?

PS, seems to me I remember getting stoned long before "remotes" came out. But, then again, maybe I don't remember! LOL!

It actually says that the Volcano is expensive and unnecessary.

There goes the credibility. Most of that e cig stuff is just worthless junk compared to a Volcano. I have a Volcano that has lasted for 7 years. Imagine how much wasted money you would have spent on that e cig garbage in 7 years. The e cigs are a waste of time and money. Might be fun though. To each their own. 

Oil & wax: very inexpensive options with quality components (Kanger, Cloupor) are easily found.

No experience with a vape pen for herb (I used an Arizer Solo). But some of them aren't true vaporizers and they do combust the herb. E.g., the Snoop Dog branded G Pen (some folks use a glass screen to make it more like a vaporizer.)

• 3 months later...

It is strongly hinting at the Volcano in bashing its competitors.

Good luck bashing its competitors taking me and e-ciggs in consideration. One handed operation, dual coil, sub ohm, I will put up against any home device that plugs in.

Griffin with airtop 20160407 018

Griffin 20160403 015

Griffin On Smok  And Nano 20160407 017

Anybody that considers e-cigs as junk is a fool in my opinion. These things are top quality, pharmaceutical quality, all stainless steel and glass.

WTF resto, what more do you want when it comes to quality? Junk? you're a fool when it comes to e-ciggs, it is obvious you have no idea.

Volcanoes are difficult to fit in your pocket though.

Lol, is that a volcano in ur pocket, or r us just.,.

GG... Is there a vape pen u would recommend for straight up bho? One that doesnt need to be cut w a solvent of some sort...

Iv got a pat that was asking me and iv only ever used rigs.

Thank you!

Lol, is that a volcano in ur pocket, or r us just.,.

GG... Is there a vape pen u would recommend for straight up bho? One that doesnt need to be cut w a solvent of some sort...

Iv got a pat that was asking me and iv only ever used rigs.

Thank you!

Nope! This right here is a pocket volcano! Each draw is almost like consuming an entire joint with the Aromamizer tank!

RX200 with Griffin

Griffin RX200 20160416 013

Aromamizer

Aromamizer cannabis Oil 20160418 030

I can fit 4 grams of pure concentrated cannabis oil mixed with 3 grams of PG USP for a total of 7 grams. Flawless vapes, single handed operation. Crank it up above 100Watts it makes any bong look like a punk pipe. All I can handle is 30 watts and it goes up to 200!

To answer your question, I really do not know. BHO has different reactions than alcohol concentrates, straight and diluted. HydroJack helped me come to that conclusion.

On this one, I will have to play it safe and agree with Resto. For straight oils, I really like the eclipse vape handheld pipe. I am pretty confident BHO works well in those. Some people, like Nix, have found e-cannabis mixtures with BHO works great too.

Nope! This right here is a pocket volcano! Each draw is almost like consuming an entire joint with the Aromamizer tank!

RX200 with Griffin

Aromamizer

To answer your question, I really do not know. BHO has different reactions than alcohol concentrates, straight and diluted. HydroJack helped me come to that conclusion.

then recommend one that is superior for bho non diluted, and another for alcohol extract non diluted ?

then recommend one that is superior for bho non diluted, and another for alcohol extract non diluted ?

I am unable to do so, aside from the eclipse, but to me that does not compare to a top notch e-cig rig. E-cigs have come a long way, and may come to an end soon. There is a good chance e-cigs will become highly regulated and some banned, at least those of quality. This is why I have started building my own coils, so I can build them to whatever I want. So, if they do eventually get banned, I got my bases covered. I can easily rebuild the coils with standard items (wire and cotton)

I hate to say it, but in my opinion, for cannabis oil to be properly vaporized, it must be diluted with something to assist it to vaporize. Otherwise, you will be burning more product than vaporizing.

To be able to vaporize and enjoy, it really needs to be something like a hobby. Similar to growing. It is not for everyone. Then again, medicinally speaking, I am not sure. Vaporizing with my new rigs, sub ohm and dual coils, I am waking up stoned the next day. I can't say that with my previous equipment as well as vaping it straight. I did have to verify this and stop ingesting oil. It has been about 2 weeks, still waking up buzzed just from vaping.

There are some downsides to it. By the time you figure out the tricks of a new rig, you may have gone thorough 10 grams of pure oil with no success, due to leaking and other problems, like properly setting the wick material. It has been expensive, but it has been well worth the trouble. I have been looking at it medicinally in regards to managing lung cancers. This may happen sooner than later too. Waiting for a biopsy result, hoping and praying the result is negative.

With my past experience, the way I see it, if I can get the patient to ingest and be able to apply the oil directly to the cancer, in this case the lungs. The cancer would be attacked from the inside and outside. I have confidence in the oil.

Thank u gg, thank u imiubu

I dont do vape pens, so tough for me to relate. Tried the early vape products w herb, and never really found an appreciation. But im a bit stuck in my ways anymore... Straight up joints or give a 3' graffix if u still have one that hasnt been kicked over, lol

Yeah, i was looking at his handheld rig and for the life of me the wick thing just didnt make sense, yet he insisted his buddy uses oil in such a rig. So for me, i just couldnt fig it out, how a sticky icky blob of bho would actually wick. I could only think to use a solvent, but that still didnt seem right.

Think i may pick up an eclipse and try it out myself. Iv seen those around, just never tried. I get its not really true vaping, but really just need to find a convenient way for this guy (or me even) to try the oil. He really likes the concealed nature of an electric pen, or at least it can be easily argued as a tobacco replacement. He'd b back to sparking a flame, so there goes that, but the eclipse looks to be reasonable and way less noticeable and cumbersome than a traditional rig.

Imi... I like that unit, in that i can certainly c how it would operate like a trad'l vape in mechanics. And more transportable/usable. Def would like to hear feedback to know if ir doesnt get too hot and burn the oil...?

Thanks resto for pointing out the eclipse