Oil/gas Prices

Restorium2

In hind site;

The Bush Administration invented the problems with Iraq and Iran to artificially raise oil prices.  

If you look at where we are now the picture becomes quite clear. 

Remove the oil mongers from the equation and look at the oil glut now.

And look at the Texas (Bush Country) economy tanking. 

Edited by Restorium2

are you sure bush's wars didnt cause cheap gas? it just took a couple years to kick in? playing devils advocate.

i thought the high gas prices were due to oil and gas speculation on wall street, which was stopped in 2009.

also, oil and gas are cheap now because of saudi arabia keeping prices down in order to force out other producers and alternative-to-oil energy like fracking.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13391080/1/saudi-arabia-and-iran-want-to-keep-oil-prices-low-to-hurt-the-u-s-but-will-it-kill-opec.html

i could be wrong. its hard to tell whats accurate when dealing with a fraudulent system (wall street, banks, opec, politicians).

are you sure bush's wars didnt cause cheap gas? it just took a couple years to kick in? playing devils advocate.

i thought the high gas prices were due to oil and gas speculation on wall street, which was stopped in 2009.

also, oil and gas are cheap now because of saudi arabia keeping prices down in order to force out other producers and alternative energy like fracking.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13391080/1/saudi-arabia-and-iran-want-to-keep-oil-prices-low-to-hurt-the-u-s-but-will-it-kill-opec.html

i could be wrong. its hard to tell whats accurate when dealing with a fraudulent system (wall street, banks, opec, politicians).

I know that the bombing in Iraqi war shut down a lot of wells.

I know that the sanctions of Iran stopped a lot of oil from entering the market.

Both of these actions made the oil industry in Texas boom. 

Iran is poised to enter the oil market now. Look for $1 a gallon gas. And look for people from Texas to be relocating because they lost their jobs. 

If you work backwards from where we are now it sure does look fishy. 

I know that the bombing in Iraqi war shut down a lot of wells.

I know that the sanctions of Iran stopped a lot of oil from entering the market.

Both of these actions made the oil industry in Texas boom. 

Iran is poised to enter the oil market now. Look for $1 a gallon gas. And look for people from Texas to be relocating because they lost their jobs. 

If you work backwards from where we are now it sure does look fishy. 

Oil and gas prices have been a problem as long as I have been driving (1978), does any one remember the gas crisis of the late 70's,,,,we went my our drivers liscense (i think) and could only get gas every other day depending on your number they went by.

Also when ever opec or the saudi's flood the market with affordable crude the u.s shuts down its own wells, We dont want to sell our crude for that low, or we are saving it for some reason other than the one oil suppliers tell us!

We dont need to import any oil from other country's, we have enough oil in the u.s to supply our selves and other nations!

I dont beleive any oil rigs/platforms in the pacific are pumping crude at this time, and most of the gulf of mexico shut down when crude is cheaper to import than use our own oil!

Im not going to say this didnt happen during the bush adminastration, but I dont beleive it was the u.s fault, when the first bush was in office during dessert sheild and dessert storm, when we stopped iraq from invading kuwait and there oil wells, saddam insane blew up all the wells as his armed forces tucked tail and ran home!  We have many vets who suffer from those fumes and plugging up them wells!  We the U.S did not blow up them wells, Iraq did.

Now we have blown up some wells that isil has gained power over to stop them from getting profits to supply their arms, from other  rouge nations!

Plus we have oil speculators who speculate and the price's go up  on mere speculations!

I seen gas in saginaw priced at 1.37 a gal at a speedway on titabawasee rd!

As long as gas stays under 2 bucks a gallon, I am one happy camper, it was close to 1 buck a gallon when I started driving!

This of course is my opinion and open for speculation lmao!

Peace

Oil and gas prices have been a problem as long as I have been driving (1978), does any one remember the gas crisis of the late 70's,,,,we went my our drivers liscense (i think) and could only get gas every other day depending on your number they went by.

Also when ever opec or the saudi's flood the market with affordable crude the u.s shuts down its own wells, We dont want to sell our crude for that low, or we are saving it for some reason other than the one oil suppliers tell us!

We dont need to import any oil from other country's, we have enough oil in the u.s to supply our selves and other nations!

I dont beleive any oil rigs/platforms in the pacific are pumping crude at this time, and most of the gulf of mexico shut down when crude is cheaper to import than use our own oil!

Im not going to say this didnt happen during the bush adminastration, but I dont beleive it was the u.s fault, when the first bush was in office during dessert sheild and dessert storm, when we stopped iraq from invading kuwait and there oil wells, saddam insane blew up all the wells as his armed forces tucked tail and ran home!  We have many vets who suffer from those fumes and plugging up them wells!  We the U.S did not blow up them wells, Iraq did.

Now we have blown up some wells that isil has gained power over to stop them from getting profits to supply their arms, from other  rouge nations!

Plus we have oil speculators who speculate and the price's go up  on mere speculations!

I seen gas in saginaw priced at 1.37 a gal at a speedway on titabawasee rd!

As long as gas stays under 2 bucks a gallon, I am one happy camper, it was close to 1 buck a gallon when I started driving!

This of course is my opinion and open for speculation lmao!

Peace

The US oil production has been increasing. We have not shut down any production because of the oil glut. 

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/01/15/why-goldman-sachs-commodities-research-chief-thinks-the-oil-slump-is-entering-a-new-phase/

Edited by Restorium2

This was in the London Daily Mail yesterday. The U.S. and the Saudi's are having a price war trying to knock each other out of the business.

How falling oil prices exposed the great green lie: Saudi Arabia's battle with the US to drive down prices show we're far from reaching 'peak oil'

We have American oil companies and the Saudis to thank for that. For the past 15 months they have been engaged in a fight to the economic death.

Until recently, Saudi Arabia wielded enormous power in the oil markets.

Not only was it responsible for 13 per cent of global oil production, but it headed OPEC, the Organisation of Petroleum-Exporting Countries (Opec), which accounted for 40 per cent of world oil production.

Opec is a cartel that exists for one reason alone: to try to fix world oil prices in order to maximise profits for its members, which are made up mostly of Middle Eastern countries.

If the oil price fell, Opec would meet and agree to cut production in order to push the price back up. 

If prices rose, Opec members would agree that it was safe to open the oil taps a little so that they could have more oil to sell.

In most developed economies, cartels are illegal because they work against the interests of the consumer. 

But for decades Opec has been allowed to operate with impunity, keeping the price of oil higher than it would otherwise be.

Two years ago, however, something remarkable happened. Thanks to fracking — the controversial technique that involves fracturing oil-bearing rocks by pumping in water and sand at high pressure — the U.S. overtook Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil producer.

Saudi Arabia felt threatened, so when the price of crude oil began to fall on world markets, Opec changed tack.  Instead of cutting production, it increased it, hoping to drive down the price of oil and force U.S. producers out of business.

Opec certainly succeeded in lowering crude oil prices. The price of a barrel of crude oil has collapsed from a peak of $115 in the summer of 2014 to just $31 this week.

But still neither U.S. nor Opec producers have cut oil production. They have locked horns in a price war they hope will damage the other more than themselves.

Don't forget Russia;

How the oil collapse stole Russia's Christmas
A plunge in the oil price to 12-year lows during Russia's New Year and Orthodox Christmas break means the country returns to work on Monday with its economic recovery and once-mighty savings war chest on the line.

The equity and currency turmoil in China that rippled through world markets during Russians' 10-day festive holiday pushed Brent crude futures to around $32 a barrel, down from $45 at the start of December and a step closer to the $20 price trough predicted by Goldman Sachs.

Crude's collapse from $100 a barrel since mid-2014 has already pummeled Russia, which relies on energy for about half its budget revenues and 40 percent of its exports. The latest slide compounds the problems facing President Vladimir Putin ahead of elections in 2018.

Edited by Restorium2

http://insideclimatenews.org/topics/natural-gas-and-fracking

It' not just about the Bottom Line

What is the cost of the damage to our planet and our children's future?

Can we all agree in retrospect that Iraq was all about the oil?

We had 2 oil insiders in the White House, sending our kids , ill prepared there to die....for profit.

All while Spending like Drunken Sailors and Sending our jobs and equipment to China and foreclosing on our homes and charging $+4.00/gallon when our country is hurting most.

The disdain for humanity glowed from the republicans during Katrina.

We are Living the harvest of that Bad Seed.

Iran will continue if not increase production.

The ME has so much oil they can wait us out.

The republicans are responsible for Isis, isil etc.

U.S. Oil needs $60/bl. To break even. They gouged us at $140 when wall st piled on with big oil

Couple weeks ago they got the go ahead to export crude , which will help save domestic butCoal and Oil see the writing on the wall and will now hedge themselves with alternative energy.

This will be a welcome and unexpected boost for alternatives including Hemp Oil

Cmon folk we need to get ahead of the curve...Abrogate

Vote every republican out of office, every chance you get.

Very proud of our windmills. Very proud. Now we need some of the water technology where they have turbines under the water that use natural flows to make energy. I bet they could put a bunch of those under the Mackinaw Bridge. You don't see them and the energy they generate is very consistent and predictable. We are finally heading in the right direction.

As soon as they have solar panels that can save/make you money I'm in. Right now they barely pay for themselves before they wear out.

ok, what about the whole house battery system? it charges at night when electricity is cheaper, then runs down during the day...

costs like $5k upfront but pays for itself in 3 years?

https://www.teslamotors.com/powerwall

we had permit  guys and the city squaring off about a giant windmill in our yard here. The cost was hands off 40k. The maintenance fee yearly was $650. It was necessary to change out things, either myself(yeah right) or better them. could have been rip offs, but their prices were inline with one other seller.

could borrow cash from bank, shut off power, and make that payment to the bank for 10 or so years and pay it off right?  then come the battery banks to store the power properly @ 30k(to deal with my all electric conspicuous consumption.  easier to just sell back power...thing is MI doesn't by back excess, they trade off, and keep your excess yearly according to the MI installers/permit guy at the time. they used to, then stopped. some states do pay you monthly or let you bank and even sell your power years at a time. I gave up, building hydrogen producing bubbling buckets, trying to figure out how to store the hydrogen safely. I saw cooter on tv yrs ago using propane tanks but hydrogen is smaller than steel and would leak out, so he converted it to a solid, and back again somehow. cant find a lick about it though. I have a large solar array for messing around with , water feature, etc. it produces plenty of power even this moment. I can make that gas, and burn it cheaply, but storing it is impossibly out of reach it seems, to me anyways.

Edited by grassmatch