What Are The Right Bulbs For The Job

trix

What's up Guys/Gals, pretty simple straight forward question... What is the best bulb you have used for flowering?

Where is the best place to find them at? online, hydro store?

Also I found this bundle wondering if its a good deal or can I find them separate for a better price? They just ran out of the 6" fan and scrubber combo but it was $129

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VenTech-4-6-Inch-Inline-Booster-Blower-Fan-w-Carbon-Scrubber-Air-Filter-/181379661233?var=&hash=item2a3b11fdb1:m:me7Cb_s9vL9wFzUSDGwhCuQ

Trix
:bong2:

What's up Guys/Gals, pretty simple straight forward question... What is the best bulb you have used for flowering?

Also I found this bundle wondering if its a good deal or can I find them separate for a better price? They just ran out of the 6" fan and scrubber combo but it was $129

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VenTech-4-6-Inch-Inline-Booster-Blower-Fan-w-Carbon-Scrubber-Air-Filter-/181379661233?var=&hash=item2a3b11fdb1:m:me7Cb_s9vL9wFzUSDGwhCuQ

Trix

I bought that same fan about 4 months ago. It has had a little squeak to it since it was two weeks old. Other than that it works great. I bought a variable speed control for it. 

just depends whats easier for you. if you buy at hydro store make them plug them in to check first haha :P

the sold out 6in 440fan combo would be a good price. i think in hydro store the fan and filter run about $100 each. prices may have dropped since.... check them out.

you dont want a 190cfm fan unless you're in a REALLY small grow closet or something. 190 is crap.

just depends whats easier for you. if you buy at hydro store make them plug them in to check first haha :P

the sold out 6in 440fan combo would be a good price. i think in hydro store the fan and filter run about $100 each. prices may have dropped since.... check them out.

you dont want a 190cfm fan unless you're in a REALLY small grow closet or something. 190 is crap.

Right. I bought the 440 cfm 6 inch. Last I checked the hydro store 440 was like $200. 

Edited by Restorium2

for bulbs , theres 3 or 4 choices.

theres metal halide and hps and hybrid bulbs.

people say metal halide blue for vegetative

then high pressure sodium orange/red for flower.

the third bulb is a mix of red/blue light thats "good for veg and bloom" , i think they are less liked than other bulbs, but they do work.

the hybrid bulbs are so you can use a hps in a mh ballast, or something. its kind of confusing.

previous thread:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/44037-mh-hps-combo-in-flower/

depending on what you want to spend for lights will depend on the answers you get.

small grow? 400W / 600W. large grow? go for the dual ended bulbs so you can get more light...

lots of fuss over the years about expensive bulbs. Highlander is correct. Cash is better spent on atmospheric and odor controls, stellar genetics.

I veg under a 485 watt t5 fixture, same bulbs since 2010. I flower under three 1000 watt high pressure sodiums, (50$ ea, grow store)and finish under a 600 watt metal halide in the last two weeks of the 60 day flower schedule. I change bulbs yearly on sweetest day.  I'd avoid any other flowering lights.  hps/mh will leave you guessing about one less thing if you have an issue .

Edited by grassmatch

I know what bulb does what, I was looking more so for what brands are the best. and where they can be found for best price.

I have a 2000w flower room at the moment, looking to maybe run 4, 1000's at some point when I can afford the electric bill. Running 2, 4ft 8bulb T'5s for veg, I've never used t5's so I don't know what to expect.

Edited by trix
6" Air cooled hoods

Trix

Bought one today from same seller for $10 cheaper, not sure what the diff is. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181246860768

I only needed the 4".

low-baller was the cheapest around (he's also on Amazon), and the bundle was cheaper than buying the parts separately.

I use the 6" fan and filter, also use the fan controller. Controller is too touchy, small movement drastically changes speed of motor. Been in operation off and on for couple years now. Very happy with the system.

Talked about getting another system for garage, where the smoke room is located. Be nice to control more of the odor.

Bought one today from same seller for $10 cheaper, not sure what the diff is. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181246860768

I only needed the 4".

low-baller was the cheapest around (he's also on Amazon), and the bundle was cheaper than buying the parts separately.

Cool, nice to see others have bought this setup. When the 6" come back in stock I'll swoop one up.

I saw that same ad, 6" out of stock also

Double ended bulbs are leaps and bounds better than standard mogul HPS.

Double ended bulbs are leaps and bounds better than standard mogul HPS.

I've seen them. Is there more too them than "more is better"?

double wattage?

why not two seperate bulbs covering more area? if you have them or

know I'm curious. I never looked into them cuz I am done. I knew I wouldn't be pried from my old ways.

thanks