Detroit Police Bust West Side Marijuana Dispensary

bobandtorey

DETROIT - A news alert from Detroit's west side as a medical marijuana store raided by police.

The crackdown continues as police shut down another medical marijuana dispensary Thursday.

"Finally they came and bust the little dispensary down," said one resident. "The city said they would be cracking down and I guess they sticking to their word."

Grand opening, grand closing. Detroit police officers raid a pot shop on Grand River just west of Wyoming around 8 p.m. Thursday night.

The dispensary Calm and Collective allegedly sells marijuana to customers that don't have medical marijuana cards. Sources say workers here were doing just that when cops walked in.

There would be a lot of people, they sell them like hot cakes," said Melanie Wood.

Wood fills up at the Marathon gas station next to Calm and Collective and says the marijuana shop stays busy.

"Maybe like six or seven people," Wood said. "All the time. Every time I come here around 3 p.m. when I leave the house, it's a lot of people."

Police hauled off boxes of evidence and computer monitors from Calm and Collective. You can call it the prelude to the real buzz-kill.

The city approved a medical marijuana ordinance cracking down on potrepreneurs. There will be 1,000 foot buffer zones between dispensaries and schools, churches, parks, liquor stores and other medical
marijuana operations.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/74686051-story