Marijuana Grown In Flint ?

trichcycler

FYI The filter set up costs $75 and then you replace the carbon cartridges as needed.

My hair and skin do better with filtered water. Also, chloride will become air born in the shower and effect your lungs. Many folks do not know this and will suffer asthma like symptoms from their shower not knowing why. The filter will also make your hot water elements last longer. You pipes will not be as effected by the water. Even your faucets will last longer. 

any cannabis growers in Flint using this water in the garden last year? currently?

I just dont see Flint as an indoor gardening mecca anytime in the future. Jaded for years...

but I do see a cannabiz being born selling specific Flint water Filters for growing cannabis safely.

maybe a gofundme or 501c to adopt flint families in conjunction with culligan to supply water to affected families...

On topic resto. Nobody is attacking you. Sorry I don't want your filter. I shared an experience different than tours and your issue is now to prove your experience is better? Really not interested, bro. This is a marijuana forum....not a hair smoothness forum

Are you going to delete your posts again?

It makes it a little difficult for those of us wanting to follow the thread .

any cannabis growers in Flint using this water in the garden last year? currently?

I just dont see Flint as an indoor gardening mecca anytime in the future. Jaded for years...

but I do see a cannabiz being born selling specific Flint water Filters for growing cannabis safely.

maybe a gofundme or 501c to adopt flint families in conjunction with culligan to supply water to affected families...

Hopefully anyone in Flint will be getting a free whole house filter soon. And free cartridges until the pipes are replaced. 

How would I, a City dweller who rents (not in Flint), if concerned about my water quality, set up a filtering system?

I like this thread as it poses a good question imo.

Any meds, concentrates etc... that may have been grown with the tainted water have most likely been

consumed by now and I see no possible way to know at this time (ever maybe) if indeed the meds were tainted.

Edited to add:

My question is rhetorical as I am not currently concerned and I use tap water (ph'd) for my garden with out issue.

I ask for others who may be concerned.

It needs to be deeper than that. My fear would be that the filters don't last and cost people in the long term.

They really need to get those pipes out. It's like furnace filtering. The dirtier the air/house, the faster that filter stops doing the job. Most inexpensive water filters operate much the same, needing replacement more often with dither water.

I get mad everytime I take a sip.

a whole house filter or point of use, depends on you. point of use seems inexpensive and easy for many. shower heads are important. drinking water faucets are too. test water first for a baseline maybe. allow water to run for a minute before using it. don't fill consumable water pots from the hot water tank, use cold water supply instead.

they screw on with one hand tied

How would I, a City dweller who rents (not in Flint), if concerned about my water quality, set up a filtering system?

I like this thread as it poses a good question imo.

Any meds, concentrates etc... that may have been grown with the tainted water have most likely been

consumed by now and I see no possible way to know at this time (ever maybe) if indeed the meds were tainted.

You can get a whole house carbon filter from Menards for about $75. You would plumb it into your main supply line where it enters your dwelling. 

Cannabis and the water in flint is a nonissue. In spite of all some are making it to be.

I think it is a valid question. How can it be a "non issue"?

Inquiring minds, inquire into things to which they are curious about and I think grassmatch is the curious sort (as am I) :)

I don't see the question as one to stir up chit but rather to explore a curiosity instead.

while other articles will say different. maybe its safe, maybe its not, depending on how far searched after a choice is made.

common sense says avoid consumables watered with chemical waste and heavy metals, including cannabis, a well known plant used for toxic waste remediation. Its well suited to uptake many toxins. While unfortunate, and a small part of the Flint fiasco, medical marijuana grown and watered in Flint is quite a relevant subject in the forum. A google search shows this aint the only one buzzing about it.

where are the flint growers to tell us how this impacted them, and how and when they were able to solve it. I cant find one Flint marijuana cannabis growing issue in the last 2 years as it applies to this issue.

I used  distilled water exclusively for myself and my plants for years...  that's 0 ppm! you could starve to death if you just drank only this stuff.  

Then I bought a RO system around 2010.  At the time I was getting water out of my RO system at 40 or less ppm. I figured the plants won't notice... and eventually they convinced me it was safe. Life became considerably easier not lugging 2.5gal or 20lb bottles of water.  I recently learned  I now have kidney stones... not sure if their is a correlation. Live and learn.

• 5 months later...

while other articles will say different. maybe its safe, maybe its not, depending on how far searched after a choice is made.

common sense says avoid consumables watered with chemical waste and heavy metals, including cannabis, a well known plant used for toxic waste remediation. Its well suited to uptake many toxins. While unfortunate, and a small part of the Flint fiasco, medical marijuana grown and watered in Flint is quite a relevant subject in the forum. A google search shows this aint the only one buzzing about it.

where are the flint growers to tell us how this impacted them, and how and when they were able to solve it. I cant find one Flint marijuana cannabis growing issue in the last 2 years as it applies to this issue.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/michigan-growers-deal-flint-water-crisis

flintwater.jpg?itok=W4EHTTww

Michigan Growers Deal With the Flint Water Crisis

By Rick Thompson · Fri Jan 22, 2016

Flint, Michigan has a water crisis. In my hometown, we can't drink our water. Too much lead, too many microbes. The Red Cross brought a faucet filter and a case of water to our door, but that's a temporary solution for a long-term situation. The human cost of this man-made catastrophe cannot be measured; the disaster has permanently changed the lives of thousands of American citizens, young and old alike, and not for the better.

In an effort to minimize the human cost and ease the minds of medical marijuana patients in the city and surrounding area, HIGH TIMES looked at the potential effect the water crisis may have on marijuana plants grown in the city and used medicinally by the state's most ill and injured people. We found that the green industry in Flint has responded to the needs of the city's medical marijuana patients in ways no government agency could. Cannabis-based businesses and organizations are giving away water for people, water for plants, food for the homeless and hope for the future.

First, some history. Michigan adopted medical marijuana in 2008 but did so without creating the infrastructure seen in other state marijuana programs. There is virtually no support for the patient community from the state government. In the absence of state sanction, local cities have taken the task of regulating medical marijuana distribution on their own.

In early 2015 Flint bucked the trend and adopted a licensing and regulatory scheme for medical marijuana dispensaries. The city has vacant houses used as grow operations in support of the dispensary industry, but Flint's crime rate keeps most gardeners with resources out of the city and in the suburbs. In short, there are not as many production houses in the city as one might imagine; therefore the amount of medical marijuana grown in the water crisis area is limited in scope.

Those plants being grown with the tainted water are certainly contaminated, says Michigan State University professor of plant biology, Frank Telewski. Telewski also curates the W.J. Beal Botanical Gardens and is certified as an expert witness in the Michigan court system. “Lead is absorbed in living tissues,” Prof. Telewski advises, “and it does not biodegrade.”

Flint’s problem is caused by a combination of issues. Lead can leech into the water supply through natural processes. When the city began using water from the Flint River, the corrosive nature of the water turned the particulate lead into a soluble substance – and lead in solution is easily taken up by plant roots and body organs. “If the lead is soluble, it is getting in the plants,” Professor Telewski warns.

The solution is not to use the water – or, more commonly, to fix the water before it is given to the plants.

“Most gardeners with experience are using R.O. water in their gardens,” offers Steve Greene, host of The Full Melt radio show and a cultivator from the region, “so their plants are not exposed to any toxins.”

The Reverse Osmosis process (R.O.) removes lead, particulates and other chemicals from the base water supply. Those marijuana plants were protected from the crisis even before it happened by good gardening procedure.

Even those growers without R.O. systems can still get the water for free. Many local hydroponics and indoor gardening supply stores are offering the purified water for free, including Clio Cultivation. Buddy Dalton says he's been offering R.O. water for some time, but recently the demand has jumped. “We are giving away 50 to 150 gallons of R.O. water a day,” he says. “Our system runs constantly, and we're pushing the limits of the machine.”

Clio, the site of the annual HIGH TIMES Cannabis Cup, is nowhere near the danger zone for lead exposure, but some of Buddy's clients are in the city. He's expanding his advocacy to include free purified drinking water and offering R.O. systems at big discounts to locals who need an affordable way to protect themselves from the crisis.

The medical marijuana distribution centers licensed by the city have not experienced any complaints about the quality of the cannabis being consumed, nor have they seen poor-looking medical marijuana being produced, according to Bob Johnson of The Sweet Leaf, Flint's most storied distribution center. “Just a little change in the chemistry, and it shows,” he says. “I've seen caregivers from the city over the last year, and there really isn't a difference at all.”

MI Legalize, the state's grass-roots effort to legalize marijuana, is taking action even though the crisis isn't exactly in their political spectrum. Local attorney Bruce Leach and the MI Legalize Board are sponsoring an event combining a water drive, a spaghetti dinner for the homeless and distressed, a signature drive to end prohibition and a fundraiser in support of the cause.

“It's our duty to help make things better,” Leach says. He's a lifelong resident of Genesee County and felt he had to do something for his neighbors. “I hope that feeding the homeless and providing clean water will draw attention toward a long-term solution to the water crisis.”

“What we've seen in Flint is symptomatic of the state government's past behavior,” said Jamie Lowell, a Board member of the MI Legalize organization and a HIGH TIMES Trail Blazer Award recipient. “It's why we have to change the system in this state. If Governor Snyder wants to run the state like a corporation, he should do what CEOs do when they make huge mistakes – resign.”

(whoa)  http://nationalreport.net/flint-bong-water-cause-teens-death-coroner-reveals/

flint toxic bong water kills teen

http://www.olympus-ims.com/en/applications/potential-toxins-medical-marijuana-use/  ???

supposed heavy metal detector for mj

Edited by grassmatch

Hehe....nobody right, nobody wrong. Except one guy.

Thanks for the read, zap. Science!

I am just wondering if you find the bible to be a good read?

I will cut to the chase, do You beleive in the bible? or do you beleive in evalution?

Please dont take offense to my questions, I was just wondering if you feel the same way about science as you do about the bible and others opinions!

Peace