Disclosing Address As Caregiver.....?

gretta47

Hello

I am a caregiver for myself and looking to possibly be a caregiver to another person or two.....I am investigating first, of coarse to get my facts straight. I want to know if you have to disclose your address to patients. I really would prefer to take their medicine to them and not have anyone show up at my home or, more importantly, know where I live in case the patient(s) ends up being unruly, demanding or wanting things I am not legally able to do. Then if it were to not work out, that patient could move forward to another caregiver without any worry by me.

For Instance, a friend of mine has a patient who is rather difficult and demands next months meds in advance and other requests which are not part of their agreement. It seems that the patient is mostly unhappy and I just would not like to have that scenario happen to me. More importantly, The last thing I need is a vindictive person who has ill intentions or creates problems. Thank you.

Kingdiamond--- thank you, I meant to ask that within my question I posted, as I sorta figured the State of Mich would somehow NOT allow a caregiver to use a PO BOX.  I had thought of doing just that......so I guess I will proceed to get a PO BOX if I move in the

direction of being a caregiver.

Zapatos-----what u are saying is common sense. I am expounding past your thought and playing devil's advocate here.

I am trying to be proactive so that hopefully I wont have to be very reactive-----if one attempts to prepare and use some forethought.

thank you for your fast replies !!!

You have to send in a copy of both drivers licenses or state ids what I do is complete the forms and do the mailing myself so prospective patients never get a copy of my physical address of where I live for your own safety and that of youir family its best nobody knows that your growing as well the less who know the better and the less you have to suspect if you do experience a break in.

When the new card comes to the patient it can list your PO Box. However, google will immediately show your home address, home value, many of your acquaintances, along with their personal information, all the places you all lived, and for how long.  If registering strangers be sue to conduct your interview like your life depends upon it, because it could. 

I don't register family or friends and patients find me online. I never had a patient to my home, and as far as I know they never came by. If they did I'd remove them from my registry. Most patients over 50 are the types I prefer. Fixed incomes, shut ins, disabled, etc....the patients that can have the most difficult time locating a proper supply.  These are the most appreciative of the group imo.  Its really no big deal for a youngin to supplier shop, and they don't understand the details considered when registering or removing a patient, beware the kids.  

be safe

I just have to chime in to say that I hear so many horror stories about patient/caregiver relationships and I'm so thankful I have never had any issues.

I met my first caregiver through my original certifying doctor (they gave out a sheet with contact info for some caregivers), I met the second one through here.

In my 4 years of being a patient, I have only had these two caregivers and they have both been fantastic.  They're very fair (not cheap, but fair) on pricing and can 100% be counted on to deliver quality meds whenever I need them.

I would like to think they would say the same about me.  I've never even suggested getting free meds (although my current caregiver has given me many free samples of various items he thinks I might like).  I always give a week or more notice before needing a refill, etc.

Just trying to share a little positivity!!

Back in the summer of 2009, I had a pretty good 24-plant grow going for myself and a family member.  I was super low-key and never intended to meet any new people for MMJ reasons.  I spent about $1,000 on a couple of seed orders from Attitude and figured I'd never need to order more seeds or even interact with MMJ strangers for the rest of my life.  I was glad to finally not grow bagseed anymore.

Some of you long-time members might recall that some of us went-in on some Jedi seeds, I think from a seed bank in BC.  Joel Selman was the leader on this.  If I recall correctly, five of us contributed $100 each to buy Jedi seeds that were supposedly going to yield 40% THC.  The joke was on us.  We ended up with plants that were only good for making rope.

But what I learned from interacting with these other patients and CGs in 2009 was that there was a severe shortage of quality meds, so I decided to offer CG services.  I made a few bucks here and there, but, more importantly, after running through a few patients, I met some patients who ended up being probably life-long friends. 

At this point, I have only three patients, all of whom are either family or friends - the friends are all new friends I've met because of MMJ but are solid people I'll probably always be friends with - MMJ or not.  I deliver results of my perpetual DWC grow (using only about half the plants I'm allowed) and have no set price per oz.  I just ask for some cash to pay the bills and give me something for my time.  I just works out.

I don't keep track of costs, but I'd guess that I average about $90/oz.  It works for me.  I'm not trying to make a business out of this anyway.  My family and friends are happy.

Back in the summer of 2009, I had a pretty good 24-plant grow going for myself and a family member.  I was super low-key and never intended to meet any new people for MMJ reasons.  I spent about $1,000 on a couple of seed orders from Attitude and figured I'd never need to order more seeds or even interact with MMJ strangers for the rest of my life.  I was glad to finally not grow bagseed anymore.

Some of you long-time members might recall that some of us went-in on some Jedi seeds, I think from a seed bank in BC.  Joel Selman was the leader on this.  If I recall correctly, five of us contributed $100 each to buy Jedi seeds that were supposedly going to yield 40% THC.  The joke was on us.  We ended up with plants that were only good for making rope.

But what I learned from interacting with these other patients and CGs in 2009 was that there was a severe shortage of quality meds, so I decided to offer CG services.  I made a few bucks here and there, but, more importantly, after running through a few patients, I met some patients who ended up being probably life-long friends. 

At this point, I have only three patients, all of whom are either family or friends - the friends are all new friends I've met because of MMJ but are solid people I'll probably always be friends with - MMJ or not.  I deliver results of my perpetual DWC grow (using only about half the plants I'm allowed) and have no set price per oz.  I just ask for some cash to pay the bills and give me something for my time.  I just works out.

I don't keep track of costs, but I'd guess that I average about $90/oz.  It works for me.  I'm not trying to make a business out of this anyway.  My family and friends are happy.

I still  see and talk to Joel all the time if you need him send me a pm