I'm A Caregiver. I Was Jacked For 4 Oz, Caught The Guy Held Him There Called The Police, They Did Nothing

backintheriver

I'll make this perfectly clear, the point at which a firearm would have been produced would be once personal safety were threatened (his threat of having a gun), the point at which the firearm discharges is when the individual outwardly makes the attempt on the life of another- ie, legitimately producing their own firearm and/or weapon.

This person, whoever it was, fully had their eyes set on fking over someone for that plant- this person is not innocent, they are not someone who needs a white knight to protect them, they DESERVE to be hunted.

Contacting and harassing the op after having everything happen? Yeah, at this point- You know who he is, you have his number, you know where he is. Once upon a time, there was a point where people would actually do something for themselves when the local magistrates didn't assist them. Not condoning any activity here, just saying that I highly disagree with the sissification of society these days.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Well, I don't necessarily agree with your angle abominable,

But what if this was a caregiver meeting anew patient, and  the patient robbed him for cash in his wallet? Say 500 bucks.

Physically grabbed his wallet, started a physical altercation, threatened the Cg with a gun.

You can shoot the guys face off and the police will say thank you.

they lurk, cloaked, awaiting the next desperate young guy to fish for a marijuana meeting, maybe someone to bring a quarter pound with them even, in one bag. I saw this advertisement, and chuckled. "trading weed for rent for a place to act as a caregiver" on craigslist...every thug online was lapping up their spittle at this one. why did he think this was safe? legal? and good for a dad to do,

Edited by grassmatch

these scenarios play out at drug houses too. defendants don't fare well there either. robbing drug dealers is age old, but I am not saying op was a drug dealer. I believe he was misguided and naïve. This man could have been a cop, yet op showed him a QP anyways, even after he said he had no card..wtf marijuana caregiving 101

forget "legally", I don't think you think conducting illegal sales to strangers while carrying a gun just in case is what this program is about right?

No not really, however once you run ads on CL your wide open, you hear people get killed over a nintendo on craigs. I know my patients, have no fears, if however if I did want or sell on CL you can bet i'm gonna pack. 

And dont forget most disps, have armed security. 

Edited by Willy

In that case Mal, yes, yes you can "shoot his face off"- but deep down, I am a little evil at heart and have a truely sadistic sense of humor, and when I think about that person not dead, but instead living their life unable to do any of the things they formally enjoyed because their kneecap(s) may or may not have been blown apart by a hollow-point- that is when success is accomplished. Death is too easy for some of them. If that were the case, I'd sincerely hope that the $500 was worth it for however long it was he got to hold it.

Folk need to accept that there are bad people out there who WILL try to screw you over, and need to be prepared. The world is not candy land good feelings and god darn gumdrops. People WILL try to hurt you. You need to be ready to stick up for yourself.

I'm telling you, if you think that you're going to just pop back up after being "winged" with a .44, you've got another thing coming.

Where's your DD-214 to show your experience Mal? Because I have one and it sure says I have some experience with firearms..

I was licensed in firearms until I became a marijuana felon.

Any moron can own a gun. Anyone can think they will know what they do when guns start blazing. Fact is, until in that circumstance,.. you have no clue. Ask any soldier.

Aim at the biggest part of the body, the chest. Chances are, you may even miss.... hahaha....

You obviously have no clue, if you did, you'd know that a DD214 is a separation from the military. 

Troll harder, maybe one day you'll get it buddy.

Speaking of asking a soldier, maybe you should nut up and join some day? Then like some of us, you can have your very own DD214. Until then, stick to making remarks from behind your computer. 

Mal sweety, we aren't here to play inquisition because you can't find a way out of being a shameless little turd.

On a different note, I'm done with feeding your type of troll for the day. This OP was in a bad spot, sorry to hear for your loss bud! 

Did you file a garnishment via the state tax?

That is the best way to get  your money after a judgment.

You don't need to know bank or employment.....

edit:  http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,1607,7-238-43513_44135-168434--,00.html#garnishment

I'm looking into this and I found that I need to serve the writ on the defendant within 7 days of serving it on The State. This guy is practically unservable. He wouldn't even get the certified mail the court sent him. Got any tricks for this?

We have a few different topics going in this thread.  My understanding of the conventional, widely-accepted wisdom for using a firearm for personal protection is to "aim for the center of mass."  I guess there are two reasons for this.  1.  You're more likely to hit the target when you aim for the biggest target (the torso) because very few people can hit a small target even at close range.  2.  If you're in a situation where you are compelled to pull out a pistol, you're in a situation where you should be ready to kill someone - not shoot to hurt.  If your life is threatened, you shoot to kill.  Even CPL instructors (at least some I've talked to) explain that if the other guy is dead, that's one fewer witness who can testify against you.   

I'm looking into this and I found that I need to serve the writ on the defendant within 7 days of serving it on The State. This guy is practically unservable. He wouldn't even get the certified mail the court sent him. Got any tricks for this?

I don't specifically.  I thought the county handled serving papers like this and I am not sure if and how that works in depth.

Keep researching that one.

I don't specifically.  I thought the county handled serving papers like this and I am not sure if and how that works in depth.

Keep researching that one.

I have the form and it says I need to serve him within 7 days myself. Game over. It's impossible to serve this guy within 7 days even if I paid the local sheriff their $80.