I'm A Caregiver. I Was Jacked For 4 Oz, Caught The Guy Held Him There Called The Police, They Did Nothing

backintheriver

That gun info is the info I paid for. It does not matter to a broke patient what is "defendable" only what is necessary to avoid courts and attorney fees sometimes. I would advise a gun purchaser to never lie on a federal form in order to obtain a firearm while in the commission of cultivation, sales, or use of cannabis, I repeat.

a safe with a combination lock..... it has to be a certified safe though, to give you the fullest protection of the law. They cant subpoena a combination, you have the right to remain silent. A keyed lock, that is a different scenario. A key can be court ordered.

good points GG. I never knew of the difference between a combo and a keyed lock in court. interesting.

what defense? you said its defendable, not the state or the feds. both say NO GUN purchases while using pot, sorry if I missed something.

The State, Feds and you have apparently missed this;

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

• 3 months later...

I too am sorry to hear it --

BUT, for one make sure you check ppl out first, meet, chat, burn one -- BEFORE you consider doing anything else....get a feel for someone (I am sure this forum is monitored and infiltrated as are all)....they have

no compunction and have forged papers, gotten cards through the process, all to bust people....the MMA did little to change things unless you got $50k to fight them with good lawyers 

NEVER call the cops, don't use the courts, stay away from that completely, they are NOT going to help, and at worst they are going to go after you! Do not put yourself in that situation and be ready to

walk away if your safety terms are not complied with totally - better safe than sorry....  

Haven't you seen what has happened to everyone that has gone to Court? By and Far they got screwed and paid thousands in legal fees ...

(I am not saying not to fight, quite the contrary, fight and never stop fighting ---but until things are right in Mich, we have to act in a manner appropriate to the situation, do NOT take chances, do not get desperate....

and do not put no ads on anywhere, you got to spend time meeting people at places first, put some time and effort into building a group of people you have got to know AHEAD of time (and even then

probably 90% will let you down)

go back to the old school methods, we are NOT at any type of safety for anyone in MedicalMJ - use only trusted associates who are intelligent enough to not screw up

(and even more important got your back if the stuff hits the fan...can't do that posting ads

The State, Feds and you have apparently missed this;

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

(devils advocate)but then what say you about the felon who can longer purchase a firearm legally? or those that may say you choose to be a marijuana patient, and that status requires certain known sacrifices?  I notice marijuana users are not the only group having their rights potentially violated when it comes to purchasing a gun.  Besides, the feds are not infringing our rights to "keep and bear arms" when we choose to use medical cannabis......but to purchase them from a gun store. ;)

(devils advocate)but then what say you about the felon who can longer purchase a firearm legally? or those that may say you choose to be a marijuana patient, and that status requires certain known sacrifices?  I notice marijuana users are not the only group having their rights potentially violated when it comes to purchasing a gun.  Besides, the feds are not infringing our rights to "keep and bear arms" when we choose to use medical cannabis......but to purchase them from a gun store. ;)

You guys seen this one yet. totally legal , and they claim it works, you just do it and then present it to michigan gun board to get your card. there are a handful of states that can certify other states gun owners...https://www.concealedonline.com/l1/?AFID=fbconvfeedgeo21

Obtained by FOIA, the MSP's questionable MJ and firearms policy. This is one of the several remaining reasons why the confidentiality of the program is still important.

MSP MJ and Firearms Policy - NICS.pdf

That's a disturbing pdf. But i recalled a local gun board knowingly approving a concealed weapons permit to a registered cg, where the msp rep voted no based on their legal teams advice, but the other two on the board voted to allow. Here's a snip from an mlive piece:

"The issue of medical marijuana and guns has come up at the Genesee County gun board, a collection of local law and government officials charged with deciding who can carry a concealed weapon.

This year, the board decided — by a 2-1 vote — to allow a 36-year-old medical marijuana user to keep his concealed weapon privileges. Those voting to allow the license did so based on assurance from the U.S. attorney’s office that it had no intention of prosecuting CCW holders violating federal law.

The Sept. 21 letter from the ATF was “really just a clarification” of the agency’s stance on the issue, said ATF spokesman Drew Wade."

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/10/feds_say_medical_marijuana_and.html

---

Just seems like a lot of inconsistencies w the official and unofficial policy towards mmj and guns. I did research for a former patient of mine that wanted to keep his concealed permit, who apparently had a problem w the police and they somehow knew he had both. He dropped the program because of this, but depending upon the source of the advice, it is either ok to do, or not. And varying 'official' bodies seem to be equally split on the enforcement.

I still dont know what the correct answer is...? I do feel pretty firmly that state cops should be enforcing state laws, not using the fed trump card to break them.

Edited by Indigro

There are filing fees for such. Not much though.

Employer garnishment costs most at like 80 bucks I think.

and you can add the cost of the garnishment to the total cost, if you were to garnish his wage (if you find where he works) you have to reapply after each payment, at least I had to back in the 90's when I garnished a customers wage for not paying me.  I won I collected!

If some one is on social security they cant garnish your income, they can try but wont succede, my bank told me they would contact me if they ever get a garnishment of my ssdi check, I take it to the county clerk she stamps it and it dont leave my acct!

F.o.c is the only one I know of that can take your ssdi for back child support!  Im sure the gov can also, but im not sure!

When I made a little extra cash before the law, I wouldnt think of selling to strangers, and I wouldnt think of it now either!

in fact my c.g is pissed at me because I wont go and sit at a farm market and sell his mm at a farm market to people I dont know!

Im not doing it, he can drop me, he can go phaq himself, he can drop dead, Im not selling pot to some one I dont know!

Peace

in fact my c.g is pissed at me because I wont go and sit at a farm market and sell his mm at a farm market to people I dont know!

Im not doing it, he can drop me, he can go phaq himself, he can drop dead, Im not selling pot to some one I dont know!

Peace

you mean there is still farmers markets? 

Its interesting what you say about your ssdi check, I looked into that once, they told me  that NO your ssdi can't be seized, how ever a funny thing is once its in your account they can garnish it, there position is that there is no way to say were it came from, even though we/you, know for fact it is ssdi money,, but once its in your account they CAN take it. It just becomes money in your acccount. FYI

Only way around it is to cash it and pay bills with it cash .. and keep the rest in a sock under the mattress.. :)

appears the feds state these ccw holders are violating fed law?

CCW does not exist in Michigan. You are not allowed to carry a concealed "weapon" in Michigan unless you are hunting or fishing, or have a darn good reason. The correct term is CPL (Concealed Pistol License). In all actuality, that is incorrect as well. It should be CHG - Concealed Hand Gun then it would properly cover revolvers and such....

CCW does not exist in Michigan. You are not allowed to carry a concealed "weapon" in Michigan unless you are hunting or fishing, or have a darn good reason. The correct term is CPL (Concealed Pistol License). In all actuality, that is incorrect as well. It should be CHG - Concealed Hand Gun then it would properly cover revolvers and such....

why the feds would call it CCW in the quote?

you mean there is still farmers markets? 

Its interesting what you say about your ssdi check, I looked into that once, they told me  that NO your ssdi can't be seized, how ever a funny thing is once its in your account they can garnish it, there position is that there is no way to say were it came from, even though we/you, know for fact it is ssdi money,, but once its in your account they CAN take it. It just becomes money in your acccount. FYI

Only way around it is to cash it and pay bills with it cash .. and keep the rest in a sock under the mattress.. :)

I should have said my credit union instead of my bank!

My credit union said they would call me if any one tried to garnish my acct, I have a paper trail, it is my only income, and what you say about it being available once deposited I agree,,,,,the only reason it came up with me and my c.u was because at the time I was trying to decide if I wanted my check deposited in my acct or wanted a check via snail mail, (i dont know if your allowed to still get a check in the mail)  I was told it is in my file and im to be contacted if some one try's to make a claim on my acct,,,,,I actualy  had the treasury of MI try to garnish what I owe them for responsiblilty fee's and no not the 125 bucks, I wish I only owed them that a few times lol!

The only person or entity I was told that could get my ssdi from me is the friend of the court, and they did lol,,,,,,they didnt even give me the chance for my adult son to go sign so his share (child support of a minor) could be claimed, becuase w/o that it would not be a fair representation of what I actualy owed,  once you get your ssdi the amount that would have been sent to my ex is considered child support paid in full,,,,,,so my weekly amount was to have gone way down, I was paying 168 bucks a week when I was working, ssdi was did not give him that much a week, It was put in my file with the friend of the court that what ever I got would be retro active for my child support,  meaning I owed 8 yrs, it took me 8 yrs to get my ok!!!!  so for them 8 yrs or up untill my son turned 18 or graduated high school my child support would be the new work up considering my new low income!

I did not fight about the retro active part with my ex, I/we decided I would pay the amount I would have owed as if I was still working, My sons mother did a great job with raising my son,  she wasnt paying for some drunk or drug addict to live with her and spending my hard earned child support on any one but my son and the home she provided for him,,,,so she got what she would have gotten as if I was still earning a good income!

As far as I know no one can legaly get your ssi ssdi money accept for the f.o.c!

Peace