Godfather Of Mmj Movement In Georgia Is A R

Norby

State lawmaker admits to breaking the law

State Rep. Allen Peake (R-Macon) said he’s also breaking the law to get help for similar families.

Peake told Geary he’s been getting medical marijuana from other states and bringing it into Georgia for families in need.

“We made sure that families properly registered with the state got access to medical cannabis, including delivering it to them if that's the only way we can make that happen," Peake said.

Peake is known as the godfather of the medical marijuana movement in Georgia. He fought to get the first law passed legalizing the possession of cannabis oil for some patients in Georgia. Now, he’s helping them get it, as well.

He says there was a certain level of concern as a state lawmaker breaking the law, but it was worth it. 

“Maybe at some point there is a need for civil disobedience. It comes down to, ‘What would I do if it were my child?’” Peake said.

Peake has a new bill this year that would allow the growing of medical, not recreational, marijuana in Georgia under tight restrictions. It would also expand the number of conditions to qualify and includes autism, Alzheimer's and HIV.

[VIDEO: Channel 2 tours medical marijuana lab]

Peake says families need access to medical marijuana in Georgia so they don't have to risk breaking federal law to carry it across state lines like he has.

“It's worth that risk to see the improvement in the quality of life for these children, and I’d do it again tomorrow if I had to,” Peake told Geary.

Hearings begin Monday on Peake’s expanded medical marijuana bill.

Opponents say the bill leads to a slippery slope of legalizing recreational marijuana.

Nice thing about republicans is they aren't pussies. A D would've just let it not work like Cuomo did.  instead this guy brought it in himself.  So not ALL R's are bad and some D's aren't worth shiit.  D's would've made waves over the labs and higher arrest rates if they weren't so spineless.

Sorry but there is no magical equation to see if a politician will throw you under the bus or not.  Gotta take you allies where you find them.

The headline of this story should be: "Ignorant Georgia Crackers Manage To Maintain Ban On Healthful Substance".

Sure, take out the good that the R's have done.  You should take a job in the news industry.  They'd love that you could take a good story of helping and turn it into a devisive one.

Ya, but there is a lawmaker breaking the law to make it work for some.  It's only a matter of time.

I'd say the same about NY's law that Cuomo brokered when we had joint control of the leg. for the first time in years.

Oil only, cartel, only people on their deathbed, 18 months and nothing of it yet, no where near enough dispensaries, etc.etc.  The original law would've been something and they are fighting daily yo expand it to a workeable program by the people.

Norby, on 24 Jan 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:snapback.png

The problem with the article is that they used 99% CBD extract with no terpenes or other cannabinoids.  WHole plant extract widens the therapuetic dose.  CBD only has a very narrow window to work in.  It's the other cannabinoids and terpenes that enhance the effect and make it useful over a much larger dosage range.

I agree. This was/is the danger of propping up one element of cannabis above the others. I could see it coming a mile away as CBD was hawked as the most important component for medical use. It always was obvious BS to me. Dangerous BS that would come back to haunt us. CBD works with the team, not all on it's own.

It's ok Norby. We accept you and all your negativity. :-)

It's contagious.  I try to post something nice that an R is doing and it gets shtt on and I start shiiting back.  It's not healthy.  I may have to start only coming here at nite.  Not a good way to start the day.  My fault though, I should learn.

It's contagious.  I try to post something nice that an R is doing and it gets shtt on and I start shiiting back.  It's not healthy.  I may have to start only coming here at nite.  Not a good way to start the day.  My fault though, I should learn.

Why do you feel the deep seated need to defend all R's? It's not healthy.

Edited by Restorium2

This is the problem, you think I'm trying to defend ALL R's.  You want to throw all R's under the bus and hold up all D's that don't deserve it.  There is no republican and democrat only individuals with a letter next to their name.  In general R's are worse unless you look at it as giving dems your trust and having them throw you under the bus.  Personally I think the trust that has been thrown back in our face is worse.  The DNC chair is AGAINST MJ.  Why do you feel the need to hide the fact that D's are going where they can get the votes and aren't on our side. That isn't healthy for you or the movement. Actually I don't think there is an "our" side. 

Edited by Norby

Norby, on 24 Jan 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:snapback.png

I agree. This was/is the danger of propping up one element of cannabis above the others. I could see it coming a mile away as CBD was hawked as the most important component for medical use. It always was obvious BS to me. Dangerous BS that would come back to haunt us. CBD works with the team, not all on it's own.

Don't know how this got here.

This is the problem, you think I'm trying to defend ALL R's.  You want to throw all R's under the bus and hold up all D's that don't deserve it.  There is no republican and democrat only individuals with a letter next to their name.  In general R's are worse unless you look at it as giving dems your trust and having them throw you under the bus.  Personally I think the trust that has been thrown back in our face is worse.

You don't read your own posts?

Norby Quotes;

D's would've made waves over the labs and higher arrest rates if they weren't so spineless.

Nice thing about republicans is they aren't pussies.

You don't read your own posts?

Norby Quotes;

D's would've made waves over the labs and higher arrest rates if they weren't so spineless.

Nice thing about republicans is they aren't pussies.

Just giving back what people have brought it to.  It's the mutual arising of opposites. Am i wrong?  I've shown 1 R that has broke the law to help families.  Show me a dem that has stood up against snyder? How many voted for the transport law?  How many dems are bringing MJ into NY 18 months after the program started?  None?

Maybe this guy will run as a D next time.

Edited by Norby

Just giving back what people have brought it to.  It's the mutual arising of opposites. Am i wrong?  I've shown 1 R that has broke the law to help families.  Show me a dem that has stood up against snyder? How many voted for the transport law?  How many dems are bringing MJ into NY 18 months after the program started?  None?

You flip flopped all over this thread and others. First you said you don't defend R's. Then you said they are just people with letters next to their names.

Right after you posted that because they have an R after their name they are not spineless or pussies. 

You are who you are. Just be genuine about it. 

Nice thing about republicans is they aren't pussies. A D would've just let it not work like Cuomo did.  instead this guy brought it in himself.  So not ALL R's are bad and some D's aren't worth shiit.  D's would've made waves over the labs and higher arrest rates if they weren't so spineless.

Sorry but there is no magical equation to see if a politician will throw you under the bus or not.  Gotta take you allies where you find them.

Well, Dems have ZERO power in Michigan. They can jump up and down all day and nothing changes.  Just a bad example for your taken point.

I thank Democrats for voting in 80% support for marijuana. I blame republicans for voting in 20% support.

It isn't a both sides argument. It is what it is.

Example. Hinchey Rohrbacher amendment that finally passed in 2014:

Republican side:

49 yes votes

172 No votes

Democratic Side:

170 Yes Votes

17 No Votes

As I have said dozens and dozens of times on this forum,... Vote in better republicans if you are a republican. They do not represent your best interests.

Maybe this guy will run as a D next time.

I feel that this may be the source of ALL of your anger. You are angry that your home state isn't evolving the way you would like to see it go. 

Perhaps New York Republikans are different from those we have in Michigan.

I don't remember any stories coming out of New York about their legislature overturning votes of the electorate, displacing elected officials, changing the wording of laws at the last minute in order to invalidate upcoming referendums, poisoning entire communities or generally ignoring the welfare of the people in order to push through their own big business agendas.

They might just be swell guys back east.

Edited by Wild Bill