Godfather Of Mmj Movement In Georgia Is A R

Norby

Rifles, of which assault rifles is a subset, are responsible for 2.7% of "gun violence" in the US.  Pistols are 97.3%.  So you'd take away a right of Americans for a less then 2% stat and leave pistols alone?  And you accuse the R's of not looking at stats and infringing on rights?  I can see divide and conquer works well here.  Both sides don't care about the truth it's all about control.

Common sense says the huge clip thing is so that a guy with a pistol in his pocket has a fair chance of slowing down a crook (or terrorist) with a huge clip. It's about reloading. If the bad guy has to reload then he can't kill as many people. What is your reason to advocate for large clips? Common sense please.

I am not in support of these things, but they are a far cry from the crushing blow to the second amendment that Republicans make them out to be, and I certainly still think it is silly for cannabis user, women, and minorities to vote for Republicans, especially if the reason is that they equate 7 round magazines with 2nd amendment tyranny.

They don't make 7 round clips.  It was a backdoor to make them ALL illegal, luckily a judge said you can't outlaw something by requiring something that isn't out there.  Probably an R judge.  Holy cow you'd really wan't cops to risk tehir lives like that over a non statistic?  I can clearly see the divide now.  you don't know anything about guns and just give over your power to D's to make those decisions when their agenda is to outlaw all guns.  Do you know about the law in NJ from an anti gov that states as soon as any smart gun is sold anywhere in the US ALL other guns( non smart guns) become illegal in NJ?  That's why we can't have smart guns.  You know not of what you speak and are asking way too much from others to view the world only the way you do.  Besides it would cause civil war.  You don't know how many people were ready.  That's why none of the state police enforce it unless they have to.  They know and they stand by the citizens.  It's cuomo and NYSP brass that tote the safe act, all the locals won't enforce it.  The only counties that voted for it was the burroughs around NYC and Albany.  The whole rest of the state voted against.

They don't make 7 round clips.  It was a backdoor to make them ALL illegal, luckily a judge said you can't outlaw something by requiring something that isn't out there.  Probably an R judge.  Holy cow you'd really wan't cops to risk tehir lives like that over a non statistic?  I can clearly see the divide now.  you don't know anything about guns and just give over your power to D's to make those decisions when their agenda is to outlaw all guns.  Do you know about the law in NJ from an anti gov that states as soon as any smart gun is sold anywhere in the US ALL other guns( non smart guns) become illegal in NJ?  That's why we can't have smart guns.  You know not of what you speak and are asking way too much from others to view the world only the way you do.  Besides it would cause civil war.  You don't know how many people were ready.  That's why none of the state police enforce it unless they have to.  They know and they stand by the citizens.  It's cuomo and NYSP brass that tote the safe act, all the locals won't enforce it.  The only counties that voted for it was the burroughs around NYC and Albany.  The whole rest of the state voted against.

Just asking for a little common sense in the discussion. No one wants to take your guns away.

I'm sure a lot of R's don't "support" the R's trying to take your MJ rights away either.  Again you are using YOUR judgement call to make that decision for others.  Why should they help you if they don't see taking your mj rights as bad as taking away a persons right to adequately protect themselves.  Esp when 3 more rounds in a clip should never equate to a felony charge.  but if you want to give the prison industrial complex another fodder for lining their pockets I can see why there is a split between D's and R's and you very elegantly displayed it.  How can you look at MJ as victimless and not look at 7 rounds as victimless and equate the 2?  This is how divide and conquer works.  You don't want a gun and I don't care about transport and stuff since I never get pulled over.  We can just keep letting them chip away till we both are slaves if you'd like?

Do you guys really not see this?  you justify by saying this is what I value in life and not worry about what others may value? What happens when they come for your right and you didn't stick up for others rights?

Edited by Norby

I'm sure a lot of R's don't "support" the R's trying to take your MJ rights away either.  Again you are using YOUR judgement call to make that decision for others.  Why should they help you if they don't see taking your mj rights as bad as taking away a persons right to adequately protect themselves.  Esp when 3 more rounds in a clip should never equate to a felony charge.  but if you want to give the prison industrial complex another fodder for lining their pockets I can see why there is a split between D's and R's and you very elegantly displayed it.  How can you look at MJ as victimless and not look at 7 rounds as victimless and equate the 2?  This is how divide and conquer works.  You don't want a gun and I don't care about transport and stuff since I never get pulled over.  We can just keep letting them chip away till we both are slaves if you'd like?

Do you guys really not see this?  you justify by saying this is what I value in life and not worry about what others may value? What happens when they come for your right and you didn't stick up for others rights?

You need to look more into your gun rights issues because you don't even understand the specifics of the issues. That's why you are so scared to death about it. 

There was a time not too long ago when nobody could have more than 10 rounds in a magazine, nationwide. Did it cause mass incarceration/prosecution? I remember it being easy to get high-capacity magazines, and remember nobody being arrested or prosecuted because of it.

I still have my old plastic clips. I never needed them. They never worked very good either. Just cheap junk sold to the guy who thought it was his last chance at a big clip. I was scammed.

There was a time not too long ago when nobody could have more than 10 rounds in a magazine, nationwide. Did it cause mass incarceration/prosecution? I remember it being easy to get high-capacity magazines, and remember nobody being arrested or prosecuted because of it.

Well you should have looked into the law.  Clips were grandfathered in that one, this one they aren't and someone was arrested, probably as a show of how crappy the law is as it was a decorated air force person.  Or it was NYSP and the air force base fued and they really prosecuted him.  Different time same agenda, more momentum this time.  See you downplay ANYTHING the dems do.  You are really that far left.  I figured I was escaping this type of thought coming to an open carry hi capacity mag state like this but thank you for rekindling my guard.  And you don't remember anyone because it was just tacked on to people in for other charges.  Making sentances longer to feed the machine.  Smae thing as MJ incarceration.  Just because someone has 20 rounds doesn't make them a criminal.  I can't believe you can be part of the mj thing and not see others as being persecuted for a crime with no intention being the same.  This is EXACTLY how they take your freedom.  I don't remember any blacks getting arrested for MJ in NYC but it happens tremendously often.  Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there and didn't line the pockets of the prison system.

Well you should have looked into the law.  Clips were grandfathered in that one, this one they aren't and someone was arrested, probably as a show of how crappy the law is as it was a decorated air force person.  Or it was NYSP and the air force base fued and they really prosecuted him.  Different time same agenda, more momentum this time.  See you downplay ANYTHING the dems do.  You are really that far left.  I figured I was escaping this type of thought coming to an open carry hi capacity mag state like this but thank you for rekindling my guard.  And you don't remember anyone because it was just tacked on to people in for other charges.  Making sentances longer to feed the machine.  Smae thing as MJ incarceration.  Just because someone has 20 rounds doesn't make them a criminal.  I can't believe you can be part of the mj thing and not see others as being persecuted for a crime with no intention being the same.  This is EXACTLY how they take your freedom.  I don't remember any blacks getting arrested for MJ in NYC but it happens tremendously often.  Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there and didn't line the pockets of the prison system.

You are constantly finding false fodder for you and your friends to laugh about us here in Michigan. I wonder who they laugh about when you are not in the room? 

A gun has never killed anyone.  People kill.  And throwing any law out there that creates a felon for simply owning something is a victimless crime, just like MJ.

You ingest MJ.  Is there anything that you ingest that there isn't a regulation on adulteration of said product, that is allowable limits of additives that aren't natural or known to cause illness if ingesting too much?

I see more reason for regulation of cannabis for purity(esp. oils) than for guns other than trying to keep them out of the hands of violent people.

A gun has never killed anyone.  People kill.  And throwing any law out there that creates a felon for simply owning something is a victimless crime, just like MJ.

You ingest MJ.  Is there anything that you ingest that there isn't a regulation on adulteration of said product, that is allowable limits of additives that aren't natural or known to cause illness if ingesting too much?

I see more reason for regulation of cannabis for purity(esp. oils) than for guns other than trying to keep them out of the hands of violent people.

I got a friend who was shot by a turkey...

Thankfully most people think your position is nonsense.

Not really.  I'm talking about selling to the public not to friends or like a roadside food stand or for yourself.  And look at how everything else is regulated when sold to the public for consumption.  I think a lot of people want more regulation on some of the stuff they eat.  Where it comes from(labeling), what kind of chemicals are sprayed on it, GMO, etc.  Putting cannabis under the cottage industry laws would be regulation, no?  And you think this position, society as it is working now, is nonsense?  I would agree with it being nonsense that anyone can't grow their own MJ but selling to the public I think it should be regulated like food. 

A gun is a tool.  You can do much more damage with pipes and you can make gun powder.  Acids, gasoline, etc.etc.etc.  Should we regulate these things when people turn to them and do worse? I'd rather have a person try and do damage with a gun.  Especially an assault rifle since they are so hard to conceal. 

Maybe amongst the people you are around it sounds like nonsense.

I will shorten it up.

"Dead" turkey bagged.  Gun propped on fence. "Dead" turkey flops into gun. Discharge. 12 gauge. Human arm for thanksgiving dinner.

Goes to show that you just never know what the day will bring.  I am glad your friend survived the 'assault'.

Oh my!  Dead turkeys are dangerous... we must write gun regulations to safeguard against dead turkeys having guns.

Maybe those trigger guards, or a decent thinking brain as manditory equipment? We have safety measures on cars that make it so a kid can't reach the pedals to put it in gear and send a car into a crowd. People with children around their guns need to have something so they can have their guns in reach but not a toy for kids. Food for thought....

i dont think the pedals being "too far" for a child is really a thing, more like the pedals are there for human adults to comfortably reach them, but ok...

The 'thing' is they made cars safer by making it so you can't put it in gear unless you depress the brake pedal first. Kids legs are too short for that. Now do you understand what I wrote? 

The obvious answer, and something I am shocked that no one has enunciated, is this:

Make everyone join the Amish religion! Republicans would be on board because the Amish are seriously conservative. The Democrats would be onboard because the Amish are all about organic food and protecting the earth. The Amish don't have guns, cars, or ozone destroying electricity! They are totally against abortion. Heck, they are against sex!

One problem they do have though is a serious injury rate from farm equipment and large animal accidents. They have no farm equipment manufacturing regulations because they make their own.

They apparently have the view that the occupational hazards involved in making a living are worth the risks. If you can't effectively use a large farm animal to power your farm equipment, then most likely God does not want you to live.

Just an idea thrown out there for consideration.

The obvious answer, and something I am shocked that no one has enunciated, is this:

Make everyone join the Amish religion! Republicans would be on board because the Amish are seriously conservative. The Democrats would be onboard because the Amish are all about organic food and protecting the earth. The Amish don't have guns, cars, or ozone destroying electricity! They are totally against abortion. Heck, they are against sex!

One problem they do have though is a serious injury rate from farm equipment and large animal accidents. They have no farm equipment manufacturing regulations because they make their own.

They apparently have the view that the occupational hazards involved in making a living are worth the risks. If you can't effectively use a large farm animal to power your farm equipment, then most likely God does not want you to live.

Just an idea thrown out there for consideration.

Okay... after all these years of wondering... I'm gonna ask...

What is your issue/s with the Amish folks?

I am only curious & not trying to start anything :)

Okay... after all these years of wondering... I'm gonna ask...

What is your issue/s with the Amish folks?

I am only curious & not trying to start anything :)

I don't really have issues with the Amish. I do find them to be curious. My fixation with them is their culture. They are extreme, hardcore conservatives. Whenever I hear Republican Religious Conservatives spouting off about how bad things are in our country due to the loss of "religious values", I always think of the Amish and how the conservatives must idolize the Amish. I then think "Well, if conservatism is good, then uber-conservatism must be better and why, then, don't all these whining conservatives just put their money where their mouth is and go become Amish!" It would be so great! No more Evangelical Baptists and missionaries proselytizing and implying that I am a loser because "I don't know Jesus". I wish they would all join the Amish and then STFU. Amish people do not go out and try to convert people. They want to be left alone and in turn leave everyone else alone. Why can't the professional religious class do the same?

So then, my beef isn't with the Amish. My beef is with the Republican, Conservative religious wackos who want to convert everyone to their belief system. Like that wacko public servant in Kentucky who refuses to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. If you don't like the way things are going, go and pray to your god and request assistance through those channels, but please do it in private like the Amish do. Leave me and everyone else out of it.

I don't really have issues with the Amish. I do find them to be curious. My fixation with them is their culture. They are extreme, hardcore conservatives. Whenever I hear Republican Religious Conservatives spouting off about how bad things are in our country due to the loss of "religious values", I always think of the Amish and how the conservatives must idolize the Amish. I then think "Well, if conservatism is good, then uber-conservatism must be better and why, then, don't all these whining conservatives just put their money where their mouth is and go become Amish!" It would be so great! No more Evangelical Baptists and missionaries proselytizing and implying that I am a loser because "I don't know Jesus". I wish they would all join the Amish and then STFU. Amish people do not go out and try to convert people. They want to be left alone and in turn leave everyone else alone. Why can't the professional religious class do the same?

So then, my beef isn't with the Amish. My beef is with the Republican, Conservative religious wackos who want to convert everyone to their belief system. Like that wacko public servant in Kentucky who refuses to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. If you don't like the way things are going, go and pray to your god and request assistance through those channels, but please do it in private like the Amish do. Leave me and everyone else out of it.

+ 1

The 'thing' is they made cars safer by making it so you can't put it in gear unless you depress the brake pedal first. Kids legs are too short for that. Now do you understand what I wrote? 

Well we've had smart gun technology for 20 years.  Just that an anti governor put in a law that if a smart gun is sold anywhere in the US all other guns(non smart guns) become illegal in Jersey.   I wish they'd revoke the law so we can have smart guns.  As of current no gun dealer will sell them because of the Jersey law.