Godfather Of Mmj Movement In Georgia Is A R

Norby

I don't really have issues with the Amish. I do find them to be curious. My fixation with them is their culture. They are extreme, hardcore conservatives. Whenever I hear Republican Religious Conservatives spouting off about how bad things are in our country due to the loss of "religious values", I always think of the Amish and how the conservatives must idolize the Amish. I then think "Well, if conservatism is good, then uber-conservatism must be better and why, then, don't all these whining conservatives just put their money where their mouth is and go become Amish!" It would be so great! No more Evangelical Baptists and missionaries proselytizing and implying that I am a loser because "I don't know Jesus". I wish they would all join the Amish and then STFU. Amish people do not go out and try to convert people. They want to be left alone and in turn leave everyone else alone. Why can't the professional religious class do the same?

So then, my beef isn't with the Amish. My beef is with the Republican, Conservative religious wackos who want to convert everyone to their belief system. Like that wacko public servant in Kentucky who refuses to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. If you don't like the way things are going, go and pray to your god and request assistance through those channels, but please do it in private like the Amish do. Leave me and everyone else out of it.

She was a democrat until the democrats "turned their backs on her" during that whole debacle.  She then got scooped up by the republican party and changed her affiliation. The dems down south are against gay marriage.

She was a democrat until the democrats "turned their backs on her" during that whole debacle.  She then got scooped up by the republican party and changed her affiliation. The dems down south are against gay marriage.

Party affiliation makes no difference to me when it comes to this issue, but the Republicans have been pandering to the religious wackos for years. Republicans count on the religious wacko vote. Religious wackos overwhelmingly identify with the Republican party. The Republican party relies on a lot of mentally ill people for votes.

But anyway, I don't mind being around mentally ill people as long as they don't start trying to draw me into their illness. That is where I draw the line whether they be Republican or Democrat.

I agree.  Just wanted you to realize that the dems aren't the same all over the country and that the dems also draw on some of those wackos in certain places and the politicians in said places that are dem also show those ideas on their platform.  Hillary Clinton didn't switch to back gay rights till recently.  People think the whole dem party hold the same ideas and that's not true.   Just as all republicans aren't christian conservative.  If the republican party hadn't swayed so far right there would still be republican politicians that support gay right, real freedom of all religions, etc. like the people I know, who are republicans, believe, there is just no one with those views for them to vote for.    Just like the dem party has with illegal immigration and closing the borders, guns, etc.  It's just that the dems are still all over the board moreso than the republicans.  The republican party holds a lot of those wacko views but it's not most of the republican voters.  But those old white folks are the ones who show up for the primaries I guess.

I could go over categorizing the bad points of the radical dems that are just as bad but I don't have the energy.

The whole problem lies in only 2 choices.  I'm not a republican but a lot of times voting for the dem is just as bad but in different ways. 

I'm probably going back to 3rd party myself(libertarian and green party).  I'm not impressed with the dems I've seen in office since I've got here.