Arizona Protections For Mmj And Painkillers?

t-pain

saw this post about trying to get prescription painkillers while using mmj in arizona.

arizona law has a provision that mmj is to be treated like any other prescription.

http://www.petition2congress.com/5202/first-do-no-harm-dea-targets-physicians-who-treat-their-patients/view/#comment-10818955

Anne S. from Phoenix, AZ writes:

Had to sign, the descrimination must stop! Since a car accident at 13, I have constant chronic pain. I have endured every medical procedure including surgery just to be pushed out the door with prescriptions for pain meds and muscle relaxers. Now now over 36 years later I am looked at as a criminal by my Dr since I legally treat pain with mmj. Am told it will kill me if take the prescribed Vicodin with it. My primary care physician (new doc at facility followed my doctor to over 10 years ago after he closed his own practice after having gone there the previous 18 years) says I use street drugs, the federal government agrees with him, that mmj illegal. Regardless of state law he refuses to now prescribe me pain meds (or any other medication). He does not agree with the AZ Dept of Health or the ARS Statute

36-2813. Discrimination prohibited

C. For the purposes of medical care, including organ transplants, a registered qualifying patient's authorized use of marijuana must be considered the equivalent of the use of any other medication under the direction of a physician and does not constitute the use of an illicit substance or otherwise disqualify a registered qualifying patient from medical care.

AZ licenses the Dr but he will not provide medical care in direct violation of law written to prevent what he is doing. 2 months now, still no meds and no relief in sight from my Dr......Do no harm, indeed! Lawyers want retainer to fight this blatant case of descrimination while I get no relief unless choose to use pharmaceuticals only that kill people every 19 minutes (that we know of!). What good is the law if our rights are denied and the doctors are scared to treat us?! Do no harm....please! Doing nothing to help the patient is defiantly doing harm, physically mentally and emotionally.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/36/02813.htm&Title=36&DocType=ARS

maybe the aclu would take it?

why doesnt michigan have a similar provision?

old post i found from 2012.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-am-a-michigan-medical-marijuana-patient--and-i-w-1036731.html

Fort Gratiot, MI | on Dec 11, 2012

I am a Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient and i was released from work upon refusal to drug test i stated that i was a M.M.M.P

The company i had worked for was Meijer, and i would also like to know if i have equal job opportunity or am i discriminated because of my medical choice