Alleged Marijuana Dealer Says Police Stole 'medicine'

bobandtorey

remember, police will count leaves in the trash or on the floor as a plant. thats the definition of marihuana

(4) "Marihuana" means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., growing or not; the seeds of that plant; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds or resin. Marihuana does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks, except the resin extracted from those stalks, fiber, oil, or cake, or any sterilized seed of the plant that is incapable of germination. Marihuana does not include industrial hemp grown or cultivated, or both, for research purposes under the industrial hemp research act.

Estimate of 3000 pounds is given by Darryl.

cops estimate was "545 plants; about 15 pounds of marijuana; 7 pounds of processed marijuana and suspected marijuana edibles; and $195,983 in cash." not 3000 pounds.

cant fix stupid

i'm guessing thats an inaccuracy by the reporter. or darryl got mixed up.

he said less than 140 plants right? 3000 pounds would be 20 pounds per plant.

one of them got mixed up, and i've told you before to stop focusing on details that are 99% of the time found out to be bogus by the time the real details come out of the court.

let me rephrase, how many of these stories in the papers have been accurate from the first mention to the later court details?

and i've told you before to stop focusing on details that are 99%

what??? :mom:

as I've told you before, its all we got to discuss.

if you don't like dissecting each story this way, maybe set a section for finished cases to talk about. social media man

the only assumption I've seen in the thread is yours, assuming it was a cop that lied about the wet weight of big cannabis trees. It was not the cop, it was the quoted as Darryl. big pot trees could easily weigh 20 pounds whole wet grown outdoors

Edited by grassmatch

they often do just that ^^  come here after their dispensary operations are busted,  beg for money and assistance, and move along....Nobody should be in jail for a plant, but some people just cannot keep heir greed in check.

3000 lbs may be an estimate of the wet weight of the trees?

yea where is mr. brownie guy?  You know the one that single handedly made sure oil and medibles were deamed ilegal,,,you know the rich guy that owns gyms, nice homes, boats ummmm carruthers comes to mind!  oh yea im not the brownie guy, Im not carruthers, how much $ did people collect for that loser on here,,,,,,,are you happy?  I havent seen him write a thank you note or anything in here!  maybe im wrong and one of the collectors can show me his letter of thanks to 3ma!

Peace

what??? :mom:

as I've told you before, its all we got to discuss.

if you don't like dissecting each story this way, maybe set a section for finished cases to talk about. social media man

the only assumption I've seen in the thread is yours, assuming it was a cop that lied about the wet weight of big cannabis trees. It was not the cop, it was the quoted as Darryl. big pot trees could easily weigh 20 pounds whole wet grown outdoors

When you read these court records press releases about what the cop said you have to realize it's what the prosecutor opened the case with. 

It's ALWAYS a lie. That's how it is done. Sad but true. So it's ALWAYS a given that the prosecutors opening position is an exaggeration. 

Daryl is flat out bragging. Then he wants a gofundme. I don't think we can support him in the way he's used to. He had a couple hundred grand in cash at his disposal (he said so)when he was caught. Just think if he would have hid that a little better. He could be funding us.

You takes your chances and you pays the price.

I guess a couple ways to see it though. Support was given to the defendant to do with as he pleased. He can plea, run, or whatever, no strings attached, everyone knows the score of donated funds I hope. Not even carruthers deserved to be in court over some legal weight supplies, could happen to anyone one of us. Its easy to pick on a dispensary owner, believe me, I admit flogging them too. Truth is we need dispensaries to supply patients without caregivers possibly. What they may or may not lobby for is another story. who cares if they mark up product like every other business. Our biggest anti cannabis lobbyist group may be big pharma, yet we full heartedly support them at every turn with even our food money for example. We donate millions to the pink ribbon fund raising "corporate cure" for cancer, while we know they use the cash to further mammogram testing, not to cure cancer, but to cut it out, irradiate it, and chemically kill it.

While I do think it was cheesy to allow carruthers to solicit here in the medical marijuana forum, I wish him an his the best of luck in future endeavors. I'm sure that wont happen again.

If you don't stand for something you're likely to fall for anything.

When you read these court records press releases about what the cop said you have to realize it's what the prosecutor opened the case with. 

It's ALWAYS a lie. That's how it is done. Sad but true. So it's ALWAYS a given that the prosecutors opening position is an exaggeration. 

Daryl is flat out bragging. Then he wants a gofundme. I don't think we can support him in the way he's used to. He had a couple hundred grand in cash at his disposal (he said so)when he was caught. Just think if he would have hid that a little better. He could be funding us.

You takes your chances and you pays the price.

agreed resto.

but then what is there to discuss in social media if every quote, including the defendant, police, and reporter, is a lie? why post the article until its resolved? (jokingly stated of course)

makes no sense to assume what one wants as truth, only to be able to discuss it while stating other alternative views are based on lies in the article. that's just childish. Of course police usually lie, we all know that. but defendants exaggerating the very weights that could jail them even longer is certainly forum fodder. lie or not, misquote or not, whats the difference...since the whole story could be fabricated info. its all pretend maybe, but at least we have a story line to follow with ops post

I guess a couple ways to see it though. Support was given to the defendant to do with as he pleased. He can plea, run, or whatever, no strings attached, everyone knows the score of donated funds I hope. Not even carruthers deserved to be in court over some legal weight supplies, could happen to anyone one of us. Its easy to pick on a dispensary owner, believe me, I admit flogging them too. Truth is we need dispensaries to supply patients without caregivers possibly. What they may or may not lobby for is another story. who cares if they mark up product like every other business. Our biggest anti cannabis lobbyist group may be big pharma, yet we full heartedly support them at every turn with even our food money for example. We donate millions to the pink ribbon fund raising "corporate cure" for cancer, while we know they use the cash to further mammogram testing, not to cure cancer, but to cut it out, irradiate it, and chemically kill it.

While I do think it was cheesy to allow carruthers to solicit here in the medical marijuana forum, I wish him an his the best of luck in future endeavors. I'm sure that wont happen again.

If you don't stand for something you're likely to fall for anything.

Ah. No. Not in this context. I'm not as stupid. I would not do what either of these guys did. It would be like putting all your money on a number on the roulette wheel. The risk was huge. They knew it. I don't buy it that they thought they were legal. 

agreed resto.

but then what is there to discuss in social media if every quote, including the defendant, police, and reporter, is a lie? why post the article until its resolved? (jokingly stated of course)

makes no sense to assume what one wants as truth, only to be able to discuss it while stating other alternative views are based on lies in the article. that's just childish. Of course police usually lie, we all know that. but defendants exaggerating the very weights that could jail them even longer is certainly forum fodder. lie or not, misquote or not, whats the difference...since the whole story could be fabricated info. its all pretend maybe, but at least we have a story line to follow with ops post

It's simpler than that. Start with assuming the cop described in the court documents exaggerated. Like when you are dickering and you get a low ball offer and you counter with a high ball offer. It's not at all like personal lie telling. It's bargaining.

Edited by Restorium2

Ah. No. Not in this context. I'm not as stupid. I would not do what either of these guys did. It would be like putting all your money on a number on the roulette wheel. The risk was huge. They knew it. I don't buy it that they thought they were legal.

specifically, driving around making deliveries with supply in the vehicle. edibles or not, nobody cared much until that case.

of ocurse lights off at night, chick in the passenger seat, dinner date , valet driving the loaded car etc....dumb

It's simpler than that. Start with assuming the cop described in the court documents exaggerated. Like when you are dickering and you get a low ball offer and you counter with a high ball offer. It's not at all like personal lie telling. It's bargaining.

I prefer article commentary to include discussion of exactly what is written while avoiding the what ifs and filling up threads of arguing what ifs. it gets old when the only conversation to be had is "the cops are lying, none of this is true", because this is not a court of law arguing for the ops defense. could just start with "look at this fake story, stay tuned for possible facts after courts finish." :P

I prefer article commentary to include discussion of exactly what is written while avoiding the what ifs and filling up threads of arguing what ifs. it gets old when the only conversation to be had is "the cops are lying, none of this is true", because this is not a court of law arguing for the ops defense. could just start with "look at this fake story, stay tuned for possible facts after courts finish." :P

No. Again, it's not the cops lying, it's the bargaining process that goes on with ALL cases. 

that's fine, but we are not in court here. we only have the article to discuss. why make up even more assumptions if the original is already fabricated?

besides, it was Darryl that bragged about 3000 pounds , not cops, which would have been another "lie" anyways I guess.

point is, if the cop says 3000lbs, its a lie, if the raided one says 3000 lbs, its an error in reporting.......   if there is no truth to the article, why discuss it at all?  fantasy defenses?

that's fine, but we are not in court here. we only have the article to discuss. why make up even more assumptions if the original is already fabricated?

besides, it was Darryl that bragged about 3000 pounds , not cops, which would have been another "lie" anyways I guess.

point is, if the cop says 3000lbs, its a lie, if the raided one says 3000 lbs, its an error in reporting.......   if there is no truth to the article, why discuss it at all?  fantasy defenses?

It's the opening bargaining position of the prosecutor on the court documents. Like an asking price in a deal where you know you will never get that price. That's the context on that side of the equation.