5 Arraigned After Raid Of Medical Marijuana Dispensary

bobandtorey

Shelby Township police said the business was operating as a medical marijuana dispensary even though it applied for a license with the township as a medical supply business.

Five Macomb County men were arraigned today, six months after they were arrested during raids in connection with a Shelby Township business that township police said was operating as a medical marijuana dispensary.

Danny Jamil, 36, of Warren; Ryan Masters, 31, of Sterling Heights; Andrew Zuhrab, 24, of Shelby Township; David Carbone, 25, of Roseville, and David Pando, 23, of Washington Township were arraigned in 41-A District Court in Shelby Township. Police said they were charged with multiple counts of delivery of marijuana, possession with intent to deliver marijuana and conspiracy charges, which are four-year felonies.

Shelby Township Police Detective Lt. Jason Schmittler said the charges came after lab results from the search warrants, including one at Advance Medical Supply, 51310 Van Dyke, near 23 Mile, last year. Authorities also searched two homes in Sterling Heights and one home each in Roseville and Shelby Township, police said at the time of the raids in July.

Four men were arrested at the dispensary and another was arrested near his home in Sterling Heights, police said after the search warrants were executed.

Today, police said the search at the dispensary recovered 11.7 pounds of marijuana, 100 jars of shatter and 101 jars of THC extract. Other cannabis products were seized, according to a press release, including 993 assorted cannabis edible treats. It stated that four cars were impounded subject to forfeiture and two handguns and a shotgun were seized.

At other addresses, it stated, authorities recovered money, three pounds of marijuana and important documents related to Advance Medical Supply. About $1,100 was forfeited, the business was emptied and the contents are subject to forfeiture, police said.

Schmittler said the business has not been open since the search warrant was executed last year. Police previously said the business opened earlier in 2015 after applying with the township as a medical supply business. It had more than $100,000 in marijuana, edibles, paraphernalia and other products at the time of the raids, police said.

The business' website indicated it was a "medical provision center" with natural and traditional medicine, herbal remedies, holistic lifestyle and wellness and alternative therapy.

At the time to the raids, the investigation had been ongoing for several months.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2016/01/28/shelby-medical-marijuana-raids-charges/79473566/

Thanks

Well because Leo doesn't go to jail we do 

Well you also go to jail or get fined for not having your med's  in a lock box in the trunk,which is not against the law for cardholders.

Unless you can afford to pay an attorney thousands of dollars,you pay the fine.

When in doubt,just arrest them and let the judge figure it out.$$$

Edited by painterdan

Not going so well for the "Provisional Centers"

Abrogate is the ONLY Solution

Bernie Sanders / Abrogate 2016

Speaking of "Provisional (or provisioning) Centers, does anyone know the status of The Provision Center in GR? They got raided a couple of months ago, but I hear they're still in business.

Speaking of "Provisional (or provisioning) Centers, does anyone know the status of The Provision Center in GR? They got raided a couple of months ago, but I hear they're still in business.

So, if history teaches us anything, the place gets raided, Leo sets up shop using ci to buy and sell. Usually 3-6 months but at a hot spot as long as they want.

You know they may allow dispencerie after Leo runs them all.

You thunk leo is operating dispensaries? Why would they do that?

Anything is possible why do some get raided some dont? How are some open for a few years some shut down within month or 2 of opening. Maybe leo is running them behind closed doors taking out the competition.

They could do it to make money plus take other shops money and products. You know kinda like gangs operate.

Edited by williams2311

Idk. All it would take is them selling a tainted product and someone getting sick and filing a huge lawsuit. Or someone crashing their car after using meds they purchased. I dont think leo would risk that kind of liability.

I do know some get raided and then reopened. I think bozanzoes in walled lake has been raided like 4 times, and i believe the owner has a trial coming up. I think that if you got the cash to hire a good lawyer and the testicular fortitude to spit in leos face, then you can get these cases delayed for years.

Two points here

1 dispensaries, selling out side the registry

They keep getting busted for selling outside.

2 Leo setting up sting at dispensaries

Leo will take over the dispensary and bust folk buying and selling to the dispensary

With each interview someone rolls on someone else.

They bring inmates in from local lock ups to do the dealing

Don't be a Low Hanging Fruit......avoid dispensaries

The MMMP is the Best and Safest system.

Edited by beourbud

What are your sources for leo actually running a dispensary?

I know they send in informants to purchase but ive never heard of leo running a dispensary and selling product.

They did it in Big Rapids at midmichigan compassion. Owners turned over all records and jointly ran the dispensary with Leo for 4 months as part of deal. Screwed a lot of people up here. The longtime dealers are still going though under protection

No bunny muffin.

The place was broken into and raided by Leo twice then set up as a sting.

They brought in youth corner boys from the punk prison in evart to make the buys and sales

All the while the Owner kept directing patients right into Leo's hands.

Dispensary owners will flip on their Suppliers in a second if they are in a pinch.

Edited by beourbud

Well i researched this and found that mid michigan was raided twice, but i couldnt find anything about the place being set up as a sting.

Does anyone know of anybody being prosecuted for selling to a dispensary? I menan they get raided all the time, seems it would be easy to make arrests, but ive never read about anyone being prosecuted other than the owners

dispensary employees have been charged in clinical relief case i think, and many other cases i'm forgetting.

hency case was a dispensary raided and she was in there trying to trade her cannabis for other strains for her patients. so not technically a sale. judge ruled it "de minimis".

I know their was a place in oakland county that was paying caregivers for overages with CHECKS which would have been an easy paper trail. They got closed down over a year ago but im not aware of any prosecutions. I guess it just seems random that people get prosecuted to be whatever the prosecutors are feeling like doing