Why Is Marijuana Banned?

At least the last assault rifle advocate we had this debate with was honest. He said that I would need the assault rifle when I get pinned down in a ditch and have to shoot my way out of it. I like honesty a lot. I respect honesty. Although I'm not going to get pinned down in a ditch and have to shoot my way out of it. I hope nobody has to do that anymore outside of a killing computer game. All those assault rifles waiting for folks to get pinned down in a ditch. Crazy ideas that used to just come from Hollywood. Now we have the gaming industry making scenarios that people transpose into real life. 

And for the folks that want to dream; I have this big arse crate of hand grenades that I can hold you off with from my position in the ditch. 

So we should just let people like Snyder poison all of us with no way to fight back?  You realize this is a test case in Flint to see how far they can push us.  I hope it doesn't come down to hiding in ditches but if it does I'd like to have a good weapon.  You really don't think that things could get that bad that you would need an assault weapon?  If you realize that a pistol can carry 20 rounds and a regular rifle isn't that much different then why take away assault rifles?  For power, to show you can do it?

How do you ignore all your own insulting name calling and ask me to apologize? How can you be so blind to what is right and what is wrong? I've been seeing this a lot on here. People who call all kinds of nasty names want to point out someone being bad who has chosen their words in a way to avoid name calling and be civil. What is the deal with that?

It's explained right in the post.  How come you can accuse me of being violent and not apologize?  Why didn't you answer my question about Milegalize and then just came back with a question for me?  So you don't think it's rude to ignore someone and expect them to answer you?   You jumped on something I said accusing me of having an ulterior motive so it doesn't matter what words you use.  You are insulting me but because you don't see it that way I'm supposed to feel happy about it?  When you try to see things thru my eyes and stop being so demeaning to everything I say I'll change. But if you keep it up expect the same from me.  Do I have to restate it some other way or are you getting it now?

So we should just let people like Snyder poison all of us with no way to fight back?  You realize this is a test case in Flint to see how far they can push us.  I hope it doesn't come down to hiding in ditches but if it does I'd like to have a good weapon.  You really don't think that things could get that bad that you would need an assault weapon?  If you realize that a pistol can carry 20 rounds and a regular rifle isn't that much different then why take away assault rifles?  For power, to show you can do it?

If you think machines guns are the answer to Snyder's Flint Water Crisis you have made our point for us. You are the wrong person to have a machine gun because you are applying the use of it as a way to get your way. That's the kind of thinking that makes folks want to limit your access to them. 

And that's called being passive aggressive Resto, when you put out a demeaning post but don't directly call someone an donkey hole.  And Zap, that's called stereotyping when you've never seen me put up a violent post but accuse me of being like other people who want to protect our rights.

And that's called being passive aggressive Resto, when you put out a demeaning post but don't directly call someone an donkey hole.  And Zap, that's called stereotyping when you've never seen me put up a violent post but accuse me of being like other people who want to protect our rights.

Saying that you think machine guns are any part of the answer to Snyder's Flint Water Crisis is extremely violent thinking. You posted that Norby. It's not something you can take back now. You have shown us your thinking. 

That is why I added my comment that it may not relate to you. I am trying to discuss the concept without applying any of the negatives I see to you, as I realize that not every patriot displays these tendencies.

But most do. Conceptually, people who think that it is OK to overthrow our government or call the president the n-word shouldn't have guns, in my opinion. Is that wrong?

Some of our forefathers stated that there needs to be a revolution every 100 years so the gov't doesn't sublimate it's population.  And now you're putting me in with a group calling the president a (I can't convey a point without vulgarities)?  Holy bunny muffin Zap.  Yes that's wrong, there is a thing called freedom of speech.  While I don't agree with them I don't think that should be a reason to take away guns.  Wow!!  So now calling people racial slurs is a reason to take away rights?  Holy Shiit! The president has the greatest security force on the planet, I doubt a couple racists with a few assault rifles is a threat.  Although I'm the epitomy of white guilt I don't think someone should have the right to defend themselves stripped unless they've shown to be capable of being an aggressor.  If that is taken away any justification can be used. If you are racist and have violence in your past, hell yes.  If you are a felon from a DWI and have never been violent, NO!  If not you start just dividing up the country and taking away rights, like owning pit bulls.  Or buying pipes.  Or carrying a baseball bat in your car, or a knife over 3 inches.  This is how we got where we are, by making rights priviliges and everyone, in a supposed "free country" not actually knowing what that means.  The republicans AND democrats ONLY want to give rights according to what THEY see as rights.  I'm pro abortion, pro gay marriage, pro gun, pro cannabis, pro all drug legalization,etc. because it costs money to deny rights.  And I don't claim to be able to see thru everyones eyes.  So I give them the benefit of the doubt and the ability to be free if they haven't proven otherwise,  I don't like victimless crimes.  If you USE an assault rifle for a crime then you should get more time.  If there weren't so many victimless crimes we could actually lock away the real dangerous people instead of someone who wants to own a 20rnd clip because they think the gov't doesn't have the right to tell them after tehy've gone thru war for the country.  Every victimless crime you make gives the gov't that much more room to control your life and perpetuate a prison for profit scheme.

Some of our forefathers stated that there needs to be a revolution every 100 years so the gov't doesn't sublimate it's population.  And now you're putting me in with a group calling the president a (I can't convey a point without vulgarities)?  Holy bunny muffin Zap.  Yes that's wrong, there is a thing called freedom of speech.  While I don't agree with them I don't think that should be a reason to take away guns.  Wow!!  So now calling people racial slurs is a reason to take away rights?  Holy Shiit! The president has the greatest security force on the planet, I doubt a couple racists with a few assault rifles is a threat.  Although I'm the epitomy of white guilt I don't think someone should have the right to defend themselves stripped unless they've shown to be capable of being an aggressor.  If that is taken away any justification can be used. If you are racist and have violence in your past, hell yes.  If you are a felon from a DWI and have never been violent, NO!  If not you start just dividing up the country and taking away rights, like owning pit bulls.  Or buying pipes.  Or carrying a baseball bat in your car, or a knife over 3 inches.  This is how we got where we are, by making rights priviliges and everyone, in a supposed "free country" not actually knowing what that means.  The republicans AND democrats ONLY want to give rights according to what THEY see as rights.  I'm pro abortion, pro gay marriage, pro gun, pro cannabis, pro all drug legalization,etc. because it costs money to deny rights.  And I don't claim to be able to see thru everyones eyes.  So I give them the benefit of the doubt and the ability to be free if they haven't proven otherwise,  I don't like victimless crimes.  If you USE an assault rifle for a crime then you should get more time.  If there weren't so many victimless crimes we could actually lock away the real dangerous people instead of someone who wants to own a 20rnd clip because they think the gov't doesn't have the right to tell them after tehy've gone thru war for the country.  Every victimless crime you make gives the gov't that much more room to control your life and perpetuate a prison for profit scheme.

Got a quote?

Saying that you think machine guns are any part of the answer to Snyder's Flint Water Crisis is extremely violent thinking. You posted that Norby. It's not something you can take back now. You have shown us your thinking. 

Stop taking it out of context.  I never said I was going to do anything, just that they can run us into the ground if there isn't a way to fight back.  That the gov't is so corrupt and sliding further that you never know what is going to happen.

Admit it resto, you don't like me and every post you make after mine is a slight at me.  At least own it.  Look your trying to frame it that I'm violent to prove your point.  You're passive aggressive and still haven't answered my questions.  you give me 0 respect.  Once you start giving me respect you'll get it back.  You follow people around that you don't agree with and pester them.  You made 3 posts on 3 different days before I came back here.  you can't let things go. 

So go back and reread what I said and ask for clarity.  I said that the gov't is getting worse and worse and without any way to fight back they won't stop.  I'm not saying we HAVE to fight back but without the ability, tehy don't care.  they don't care now.  How violent is it to make decisions on water that ruins people's lives and takes over 10 lives?  That's ok though just because it's done with a different type of lead?  So I've never killed or hurt anyone but I shouldn't be able to have a gun but Snyder should just be able to continue if we can't get him out of office?  I'm all for peace until it's gone too far.  If you don't ever think it's gone too far, well I'm glad that there are people out there who do have a line in the sand and the ability to defend themselves.  Cause if everyone was like you we'd have been completely enslaved generations ago, or overthrown.  What I have a problem with is people who think that rights only apply to people who think like them and to only what they think of as rights, that's how MJ got illegal.

Stop taking it out of context.  I never said I was going to do anything, just that they can run us into the ground if there isn't a way to fight back.  That the gov't is so corrupt and sliding further that you never know what is going to happen.

Admit it resto, you don't like me and every post you make after mine is a slight at me.  At least own it.  Look your trying to frame it that I'm violent to prove your point.  You're passive aggressive and still haven't answered my questions.  you give me 0 respect.  Once you start giving me respect you'll get it back.  You follow people around that you don't agree with and pester them.  You made 3 posts on 3 different days before I came back here.  you can't let things go. 

So go back and reread what I said and ask for clarity.  I said that the gov't is getting worse and worse and without any way to fight back they won't stop.  I'm not saying we HAVE to fight back but without the ability, tehy don't care.  they don't care now.  How violent is it to make decisions on water that ruins people's lives and takes over 10 lives?  That's ok though just because it's done with a different type of lead?  So I've never killed or hurt anyone but I shouldn't be able to have a gun but Snyder should just be able to continue if we can't get him out of office?  I'm all for peace until it's gone too far.  If you don't ever think it's gone too far, well I'm glad that there are people out there who do have a line in the sand and the ability to defend themselves.  Cause if everyone was like you we'd have been completely enslaved generations ago, or overthrown.  What I have a problem with is people who think that rights only apply to people who think like them and to only what they think of as rights, that's how MJ got illegal.

I said it was very violent THINKING. 

Except he just made 50% of America not gun worthy. I think we need to be a little more tolerant of the ignorant. 

I don't think it's that hi but....  

I have some friends who are racist, they know not to say anything around me as i've put them in their place.  But they are all talk.  They would never think of acting on their prejudice and I've definitely got some of it out of them by having friends of color, Muslims, etc. over when they are tehre.

I have some friends who are racist, they know not to say anything around me as i've put them in their place.  But they are all talk.  They would never think of acting on their prejudice and I've definitely got some of it out of them by having friends of color, Muslims, etc. over when they are tehre.

Conceptually, people who think that it is OK to overthrow our government or call the president the n-word shouldn't have guns, in my opinion. Is that wrong?

You seem to fit quite well. He said OR.

bad governments are often overthrown. I wonder how the citizens oppressed under these appreciate those armed ignorant people who believe it is ok to overthrow a bad government.

Personally I'm talking about protection.  And on NPR I did hear a woman saying that she was scared to have them there but was glad that someone was sticking up for the town that had been run out by gov't policies on grazing and lumber.  She said she'd seen all her friends in her town move away because of the change in jobs.  I'm pretty sure that is a strong sentiment in rural America.  Not everyone wants to move to the cities and live under rule.  Lots of people still want to be free and provide for themselves.

Edited by Norby

I always was curious about the different definitions of racism. A black kid form birth in an white area, in a white school always being harassed and worse by white people, in town, at home....we can guess his beliefs maybe, but is he a racist?

were your prej friends subjected to prejudice themselves or just puff up at news hour and joke time? just curious

Word of advice resto, if you aren't talking to or about people,don't quote them several times. It's lends itself to the opposite argument. Using pronouns like you and your only deflate your "not talking about you" argument further. Just sayin :)

In other news, zachw was right on post number 2. Marijuana was banned solely because of racism. It is now banned because of profit in illegality. Now get out there and shovel some snow, you scalawags!