Flush Time!

Digitalmixx187

Hey everyone, I'm starting the flush cycle and I wanted to ask everybody what a good amount of water to use is. The plants are in 7g cloth grow bags. I just want to know how much water you guys/gals use to flush your plants with. I have about two weeks til harvest and I want to make this the best medication that I can. Thanks everybody!

My salt fed plants seem to require more of the "flushing" period than my organic fed ones. I don't typically need to "flush" the organic ones because they're fed at day 30 for the last time, with a slow dissolving crumble, and I got it worked out pretty good.

I've smoked salt fert plants with a full on fert to the end, and with tapered and no "flush" too. the salt ferts I used came with cannabis friendly instructions that always included a tapered 60 day formula, with full throttle at 30 days tapering to a res tds of 200 to pure water for finish.  Dirt will build up or collect the salts more than it will load with organics, but organics can be "hot " also.

If I load my organics in the dirt pot till the end I'm rewarded with again a great plant, but with a very earthy taste, not horrible, not comparable to salt ferts, but still not desirable by me. commercial growers would be suspect for the loaded unflushed varieties imo, because you can pack on the pounds with some reveg juice and more ferts till the end, like tobacco is grown, another product sold by weight.

if you have a tds meter check it now and compare run off as you flush. if you don't have one don't sweat it, just stop using ferts in the last week or so, no worries.

snip a bud before you flush so you'll always know what that taste is. then again in a week of water, then two weeks of water....you may even want more flush time..a personal choice. if you have a refractometer it prolly reads a 10 now...flush for a week or so, to a smooth 3, and chop....... :bong7bp:

pouring water through the plant substrate does nothing to flush the plant if its harvest right away. A one gallon plant will easily accept three gallons of pure water over the next couple weeks for thought.

I'm finding in my salt octos that running one 6 gallon reservoir with only water in the last week or so shows fast depleting sugars/carbs/ferts/ being burned as the plant is ridding itself of excess salts and the carbs they load. I water a couple times on top too, with about a gallon of water ttl When they're done doing that, the six gallons is gone. 1:1 sounds right on there, over a 10 day period though.

when running intensive hydro my reservoirs were run with pure water in the last 10 days before harvest. this is when leaves showed the same as above. if it took longer I would have watered longer until ready. never a rush here.

maybe that wasn't a hermie, and just threw a few seeds? there is a difference and the hermies  I seen threw lots of boy parts. the others were late harvesters and such with only a few pretty bananas to select my female pollen from.

The 'five-gallon' plastic pots at some grow stores are sized perfectly to suspend the pot by the corresponding lip of a white, bakery-style. 5-gallon white plastic bucket.

Very convenient for fertilizing, watering and flushing smaller grows using drain-to-waste.

Typically takes 2.5 gallons per watering with about .5-.75 gallons of excess run-off collected in the white bucket.

The harvest from a 120-day plant in dirt should be close to the 2.5 ounce limit.

Under good lights with continuous ventilation a plant can be fed and watered on a fairly regular schedule, typically 3-4 days between applications alternating feeding and watering.

Flushing for two-weeks with three-gallon flushes of straight water will nicely finish almost any strain.

At least this works for some patients growing for themselves.

Growing; Always an adventure and never a job.