Just Sacrificed A Plant To The Borg...

co2 didnt work for me...

i spent a small fortune on the burner..

now i see you must use a tank and bag and seal them bugs in

harsh...

dunk the plants?  i would love to... how do i dunk an octopot please?

loving the ideas flowing here...

i have been diligent in spraying once a week

i am thinking about the cold water try...

spray every day and pray.

my room controls could handle the humidity i am sure...

co2 didnt work for me...

harsh...

dunk the plants?  i would love to... how do i dunk an octopot please?

loving the ideas flowing here...

i have been diligent in spraying once a week

i am thinking about the cold water try...

spray every day and pray.

my room controls could handle the humidity i am sure...

Spray 3 times a day. Why not? Get right on it. Get one of those pump up sprayers so you don't wear out your trigger finger on a spray bottle. 

Edited by Restorium2

Spray 3 times a day. Why not? Get right on it. Get one of those pump up sprayers so you don't wear out your trigger finger out on a spray bottle.

Pump sprayers are great. I used a lighter to heat the tube just below the nozzle and then carefully bent the tube 90 degrees. This makes it super easy to spray the underside of leaves.

the dipped plants I saw were about 25 inches tall. one was in hydro and the other in dirt. The guy wrapped the pots to keep most of the soil/rocks in place, roots helped. it was messy. the substrate was not dipped but instead oiled up before he wrapped them.

I wouldn't suggest water without dialed in room controls, but individual bags with c02 injected is a win for single plants.

finally, I know of a mite infection without a clone!!!!!!!!!! I am very very interested in how this happened. besides the dog can you think of any other way? house plants inspected? a lot of people treat their dogs for fleas/ticks, is yours?

Grow is in a bedroom closet. Two weeks ago the room was occupied and the dog slept in it for about a week. Haven't seen any critters on him.  

Downstairs: we do have houseplants, mostly succulents. Don't see anything on them except a few dead white flies left over from an infested indoor tomato grow a couple of months back. Preps over the last few weeks for indoor sowing - some compost was brought in from outside (but never brought upstairs). Wonder if that might be the source. Eggs can go dormant for a long while.

Grow is in a bedroom closet. Two weeks ago the room was occupied and the dog slept in it for about a week. Haven't seen any critters on him.  

Downstairs: we do have houseplants, mostly succulents. Don't see anything on them except a few dead white flies left over from an infested indoor tomato grow a couple of months back. Preps over the last few weeks for indoor sowing - some compost was brought in from outside (but never brought upstairs). Wonder if that might be the source. Eggs can go dormant for a long while.

Succulents can have mites that are pretty much unnoticeable. Mites will hop a ride on a dog or even mice. Or just travel to a fresh plant they can smell. If they are in your house they will eventually get on your cannabis plants. 

co2 didnt work for me...

by the way you said a small fortune on the burner, did you skip the larger fortune

costs of the meter/controls?

I'm not picking of course, I hate mites too. I hear this a lot though. Can you tell me highest ppm with the longest duration of c02 saturation in your room ? you could theoretically place the burner in a smaller tent, and in fact they have tent c02 burners, and seal up that little room for better results, with a tank even, but a meter is necessary. Unless you have a way of guaranteeing a sealed room I'd say. I consider my room sealed, however the c02 gen must start up sometimes twice when I'm in there for an hour,and that counts too, I can raise the ppm significantly by working in the room for an hour. so there must be leaks, or plants eat fast I dunno. I have no exhaust, all corners are silicones, plugs too. Without knowing the ppm/duration there is no way of telling what went wrong. My first time I put a handful of mites and their eggs that were on a buddies bud in a jar, in a window in the room. I watched them die, saw spiders flipping out from all over the room on the floor. When the spiders died, the mites were dead too he went a little longer and quit for a mite free room since. he no longer takes in house plants or clones lol. It took around a month supply of propane, about 10 bucks and sevral hours of burn. but he had a big room. Depending on burner data larger or smaller ones could be quicker/slower.

so sorry you still battling those btards

could be. I'd guess any of those suspects you mentioned.

I keep a clean culture room. nothing but my dust to eat, hepa filtered ionized heap vacuumed too. I see mites stuck on the two sided tape I've used at the door. They are everywhere, in bed, on dog, etc. do they eat plants too? dunno. maybe some kinds do and some don't. seems odd that one type will live forever in colonies in your bed eating your skin while another builds webs on plants and eats the excess fertilizers within. glad to hear you also grow veggies indoors, what a blast eh!

A coconut will grow in your veg room. google for simple directions for indoor cultivation. Those and pineapples are really fun. I have issue with fruiting tomatoes in the flower room unless they're the little cherries or similar.. the big ones don't have enough light to finish well, and the plants are ridiculous in size so I just start indoors sometimes now.

U guys recommending a full plant dunk, or heavy foliar sprays, with pumped up rh (towards the end of flowering w full on nugs) are being irresponsible w/o mentioning the risks associated. Even perhaps reckless. Its the type of thing a person might even suggest to intentionally screw w another grower.

Look, if u r that close to chopping, man up and rake an hour everyday and do your job as a grower... Go over every leaf and stem and nug and hand squash any critter moving or any egg. Esp w just a couple of plants under a few tiny lights. Isnt that hard to do... And u wont screw yourself in the process.

U guys recommending a full plant dunk, or heavy foliar sprays, with pumped up rh (towards the end of flowering w full on nugs) are being irresponsible w/o mentioning the risks associated. Even perhaps reckless. Its the type of thing a person might even suggest to intentionally screw w another grower.

Look, if u r that close to chopping, man up and rake an hour everyday and do your job as a grower... Go over every leaf and stem and nug and hand squash any critter moving or any egg. Esp w just a couple of plants under a few tiny lights. Isnt that hard to do... And u wont screw yourself in the process.

:thumbsu:

We just tell people what works for us. You didn't even mention the risks. Like mold maybe? I used to have one strain that molded easily but it sucked so I got rid of it. Now I don't get mold. If you have a strain that has a tendency to mold (even indoors) then be careful of getting them wet. 

Yeah, I certainly not going to do anything drastic on the flowering side since 1) it is close to being done and 2) there were only a few on the shrimpy plant (sister of the infested one on veg side). Will spend time on 'em, cold water spray etc. (Couldn't do a cold water dunk anyway, too big), CO2 isn't really an option for this area. 

But once you got 'em they're hard to get rid of. For the long term I did buy some Spinosad spray for the veg side even though I had short expectations for those even before seeing the mites on the now frozen sacrificial plant. 

Read some general gardening forums and lots of folks like to use soapy sprays. Lots of neem skeptics and lots of believers. Biggest common success denominator is being diligent with its use. 

I won't use bug bombs in the house. No way. 

Yeah, I certainly not going to do anything drastic on the flowering side since 1) it is close to being done and 2) there were only a few on the shrimpy plant (sister of the infested one on veg side). Will spend time on 'em, cold water spray etc. (Couldn't do a cold water dunk anyway, too big), CO2 isn't really an option for this area. 

But once you got 'em they're hard to get rid of. For the long term I did buy some Spinosad spray for the veg side even though I had short expectations for those even before seeing the mites on the now frozen sacrificial plant. 

Read some general gardening forums and lots of folks like to use soapy sprays. Lots of neem skeptics and lots of believers. Biggest common success denominator is being diligent with its use. 

I won't use bug bombs in the house. No way. 

They don't work anyway. Diligence with the water will work. And it will make for a cleaner product because you keep washing off the bug stuff. Wouldn't hurt to dunk the buds in a bucket of water and swish them around as you trim. Wouldn't want someone ingesting them if you can just wash them off. 

We just tell people what works for us. You didn't even mention the risks. Like mold maybe? I used to have one strain that molded easily but it sucked so I got rid of it. Now I don't get mold. If you have a strain that has a tendency to mold (even indoors) then be careful of getting them wet. 

How quickly did it mold?

by the way you said a small fortune on the burner, did you skip the larger fortune

costs of the meter/controls?

I'm not picking of course, I hate mites too. I hear this a lot though. Can you tell me highest ppm with the longest duration of c02 saturation in your room ? you could theoretically place the burner in a smaller tent, and in fact they have tent c02 burners, and seal up that little room for better results, with a tank even, but a meter is necessary. Unless you have a way of guaranteeing a sealed room I'd say. I consider my room sealed, however the c02 gen must start up sometimes twice when I'm in there for an hour,and that counts too, I can raise the ppm significantly by working in the room for an hour. so there must be leaks, or plants eat fast I dunno. I have no exhaust, all corners are silicones, plugs too. Without knowing the ppm/duration there is no way of telling what went wrong. My first time I put a handful of mites and their eggs that were on a buddies bud in a jar, in a window in the room. I watched them die, saw spiders flipping out from all over the room on the floor. When the spiders died, the mites were dead too he went a little longer and quit for a mite free room since. he no longer takes in house plants or clones lol. It took around a month supply of propane, about 10 bucks and sevral hours of burn. but he had a big room. Depending on burner data larger or smaller ones could be quicker/slower.

so sorry you still battling those btards

i did gather all the controls also :)

i ran the controller to its maximum 20,000 ppm for 24 hours or so...

it made me light headed to be in there...

did that twice 3 days apart..

i disconnected the controller for the burner and let it run continuously

the controller stopped registering @20k so the ppm was max over that amount... it reads error only after it reaches 20k and then once it drops back down it began reading again...

i have been what i thought was very diligent...

i pluck and defoliate at the first sign of any critters...

but occasionally they get me.. such as this month..

i am going to start the hydro spray today.

cold water only?

can i use city water or should i use R/O?

should i add alcohol?

i would be happy spraying 3 times a day to get these under control..

its not to difficult for me as far as the flower room.. its off at noon and on at midnight so i have plenty of dark time to spray.

i have not noticed any mite damage in my flower room for some weeks however i KNOW they are in there.... i just have not been able to find them.

even with a full perpetual garden all my plants are on mobile stands and i take accessing them and maintaining them very seriously.

I've had the best luck by spraying with cold water at as high a pressure as I thought I could without damaging the plant.

The water pressure knocks them off the leaves and the cold water kills them. If the plant is small enough dunk them completely in ice cold water with some Neem oil floating on top. If they make it through the water they get a nice even coat of Neem all over them.

i did gather all the controls also :)

i ran the controller to its maximum 20,000 ppm for 24 hours or so...

it made me light headed to be in there...

did that twice 3 days apart..

i disconnected the controller for the burner and let it run continuously

the controller stopped registering @20k so the ppm was max over that amount... it reads error only after it reaches 20k and then once it drops back down it began reading again...

oh my. ok...did you set up a control, like a sample bug to watch die? reason I ask is because these insects cannot survive in 24 hours of 20k ppm nor can their eggs. I know this for fact. I've watched them die in half that ppm in jars. Other insects die at around the same time. please share any details about when you saw live or dead bugs after your c02? I suspect a reintroduction somehow, but that will be near impossible to pin point. when these bugger don't have enough 02 to breathe they die. High enough ppm and so would we.