Hvac Needed Near Saline!

MI_ChoiceNugs

Seems like a hvac guys are some of the worst in trades, though none of them have tried thieving. Im about a 1/5 ratio for a competent, customer friendly and keeps their word. Rather than go through someone who knows someone that is okay w everything (iv got 3 names i can give u here, but they would never be on my recommend list, would have to give w caveats on each)... Try an established, well reviewed outfit that has multiple crews they send out. Ask them to come out, they should have problems w ur ask (code and permits), but if feel good about the guys know how then ask him to bid it on the side. Maybe the shop will do it anyway, but they should have multiple problems doing it, one of which is installing a unit u didnt get from them, but, it gives u a chance for legit work by legit people. U might have to sell the idea of an on the side install though. The general attitude of all the 'cool' guys is that they have what u need, and u need it, but darn if they will go out of their way to do it, esp a if they have other jobs that r more attractive to them. Just my opinion based on working w some of these guys, and that u seem to have a similar experience.

This may be more work than u wanted, but u could also try to tap ur local community colleges that have hvac classes. Talk to the instructor, maybe he will do the job, maybe he would have a prev student to recommend, maybe even he could have it as a training project for current students. U should fully pay in full, u r just looking for competence amd professionalism from a decent person, pay for that since it is so rare esp in this trade. I even thought about taking a class and getting the tools myself, just as to not be dependent on these guys. U can certainly do all the work yourself.