New Patient Needs Advice On Leo

meds must be in a case in the trunk of the car, or in a case out of the reach of the driver in instances of no vehicle trunk, no mention of locked boxes btw.

act as you normally would, be polite, be honest. kick yourself in the butt for speeding/ignored disrepair, or for encountering a zealous cop.

YOu do not have illegal drugs or weapons in your car even with mj in your trunk. you do have a valid mj card, dl, insurance, registration and your car is in tip top working order.

I'd let him open my trunk personally in the same situation, unless he was being an asshat, otherwise I'd push the limits, force a warrant, remain silent and in the vehicle, and see him in court maybe. while I nurse my trunk lock and bruised wrists

Edited by grassmatch

Thanks imiubu and thank you for the advice grass, i drive a mini van everything is in working order and have insurance and all is good with my vehicle. I do not have a trunk so my question now would be what is the better place for my meds i have storage area in between the drivers and pasanger seat that locks with the key that starts my van so while im driving it, it can not be unlocked or would it be better keeping it in the very back of my van where there is a small door/cupboard where you can put a small jack but that does not lock up. Just worried the leo could say o have a spare key to the storage area in between my drivers and passengers seat which i do NOT have only my one key that starts my van.

transport your meds at the far rear of your minivan. in the spare tire area or mini trunk back there. not in your console, ever. imo.

forget keys and such, just pack it away hidden like you may have done in the past. if you are the kind that gets pulled over often consider not transporting any bud at all for best results. They deliver now in many places. My first was delivered to the parking lot of the cert center I visited, called from a flyer on the counter.

be safe

Thank you for the advice i appreciate it a lot. I have only been pulled over once in my life (knock on wood) as i am always extremely careful and take extra care. So when i store it in the very back of my van is the lock box needed? Or a good idea. My county is somewhat strict on cannabis i think. Il have to look for the deliver services you talked about as now i travel to lansing to get my meds from the shops till i can find trustworthy connections.

I always carry my card tpaain after reading on here i know thats a must. How do you reply on here to make it show anothers comment in your reply? Sorry for the noob questions

Click on the "quote" button on the bottom right of the post you want to reply to.

If you want to reply to several posts, use the "MultiQuote" button.

I do not carry my mmj card anywhere near my ID card.

So if i am pulled over and they ask if i have drugs in the car do i say no sense its mm or would i say yes i have my mm with me and am a patient? I shouldent have to be scared of leo but know a lot of them hate us for our choice of meds

Assume the officer is asking about illegal drugs and say you don't have any. If they search and find your legal drugs then explain that you thought he was asking about illegal drugs. 

The law uses the word "sealed" not the word "locked" to describe the container.  

I was at the hearing for this addition to the law and I recall the MSP officer testifying to the effect that their concern was odor.   The idea being that you are most likely being stopped for a traffic infraction.  Then you roll down the window and if there is an odor the stop escalates to a drug issue.  

The idea of the meds being in the trunk seemed to be just a way to back up your claim that you were not using, much like a bottle of alcohol being out of reach and therefore your claim of not consuming while driving is more credible.  

The law uses the word "sealed" not the word "locked" to describe the container.

I was at the hearing for this addition to the law and I recall the MSP officer testifying to the effect that their concern was odor. The idea being that you are most likely being stopped for a traffic infraction. Then you roll down the window and if there is an odor the stop escalates to a drug issue.

The idea of the meds being in the trunk seemed to be just a way to back up your claim that you were not using, much like a bottle of alcohol being out of reach and therefore your claim of not consuming while driving is more credible.

That makes sense, so as long as its in a smell proof bag or a mason jar inside a lock box i shouldent have a smell issue to start with.

Accept that drinking alcohol most certainly impairs your driving and smoking cannabis doesn't necessarily do that. There's a big difference and you would be giving away our rights to make that comparison.

let me explain.

"there is an odor the stop escalates to a drug issue."

this is exactly what happens when a cop smells mj, even if we don't like it, and don't think its right, and don't want it to happen, it still does, its reality and changing that is going to take some time, not a bunch of new patient plea bargaining to avoid records and such. Best advice is to avoid detection. Maybe let moneybags go to court and fight for the newby instead. We could put together a gofundresto and you could drive around on cam stinking and we could use the fund to help you prove you were right in court, I think I might participate in that one.

but this guy is not funded and does not want to go to court. I say AVOID DETECTION, and if that incidentally happens to be by way of what the officers expect, so be it. be safe.

let me explain.

"there is an odor the stop escalates to a drug issue."

this is exactly what happens when a cop smells mj, even if we don't like it, and don't think its right, and don't want it to happen, it still does, its reality and changing that is going to take some time, not a bunch of new patient plea bargaining to avoid records and such. Best advice is to avoid detection. Maybe let moneybags go to court and fight for the newby instead. We could put together a gofundresto and you could drive around on cam stinking and we could use the fund to help you prove you were right in court, I think I might participate in that one.

but this guy is not funded and does not want to go to court. I say AVOID DETECTION, and if that incidentally happens to be by way of what the officers expect, so be it. be safe.

Yeah i want no involvement at all with leo i do not have the money for that even if i did i wouldent want any police involvement at all lol np drama makes me a happy camper. Its just weird sometimes police will stop your for a simple trafic issue and evem if it does NOT smell lile drugs pr they have no reason they ask to search your vehicle.

do i say no sense its mm or would i say yes i have my mm with me and am a patient?

i told you dont answer any cop questions. only 'am i free to go?'

no matter how scared you are of asking the police if you are free to go, asking if you are free to go is NOT probable cause to be searched.

smell of weed is probable cause however.