New Patient Needs Advice On Leo

Yeah i want no involvement at all with leo i do not have the money for that even if i did i wouldent want any police involvement at all lol np drama makes me a happy camper. Its just weird sometimes police will stop your for a simple trafic issue and evem if it does NOT smell lile drugs pr they have no reason they ask to search your vehicle.

they sure do, and they make things up too. I've had balls before and made them get a warrant only to be man handled and very scared, before I had to go to court, pay max fines and listen to the cop tell the judge how combatant and non compliant I was on the side of the road, and how much time I wasted while he could have been fighting crimes. Claimed he would have just let me go with a warning(yeah, right)another time I was compliant with their wishes and the cop dumped the baggie out on the freeway, no ticket, but he did sternly warn me. either way, it sucks. choice is yours but invisibility is key in my experience.

Just play it smart. A few years ago I got pulled-over by a cop in Flint Township. I had a cracked lens on my rear right taillight. Unfortunately I had a full load of hydro equipment in my back seat and a small zip-lock bag of MMJ, also in the back seat. (This before the new transport law). When the officer approached my car, I opened the driver's side window about two inches. (It was a cold night, so of course that's what any innocent person might do.). I slipped my DL, registration, and proof of insurance through the window.

I then put both hands on the steering wheel. He asked me if I had a CCW. I told him "no." He then asked why I had both hands on the wheel. I told him that a good friend of mine works for MSP, and he told me that a person should use common courtesy and keep his hands in plain sight of the officer in any traffic stop. The officer took my paperwork back to his car and then came back and asked, "do you have any drugs or weapons in the car?" I replied, "I have no weapons or illegal drugs. "

Then he said that he stopped me because he saw white light through a crack in my taillight. I asked him if it would be OK to use red tape from autozone to patch-up the taillight until I could get a new lens. He said, "Don't worry about it; I'm just looking for illegal guns and drugs." I said, "I don't have either."

I can't help but think that if I hadn't been accommodating, and if rather than looking like a middle-aged guy with lots of grey hair But I looked like an unkempt 20-something, I probably would have been sitting on the side of the road for an hour or more while waiting for K-9.

nowhere in the amendment does it say "locked" of any sort.  I was pulled over by MSP for minor traffic violation.  I did show him the jar in the back of my pickup truck and he told me to go on my way.  I didn't want to cause anything so i let him violate my rights by examining the herb.  I was on a strict time constraint and couldnt be late.  I also had an edible in the front i didn't mention, so I didn't want him digging around or wasting each others time.

Just play it smart. A few years ago I got pulled-over by a cop in Flint Township. I had a cracked lens on my rear right taillight. Unfortunately I had a full load of hydro equipment in my back seat and a small zip-lock bag of MMJ, also in the back seat. (This before the new transport law). When the officer approached my car, I opened the driver's side window about two inches. (It was a cold night, so of course that's what any innocent person might do.). I slipped my DL, registration, and proof of insurance through the window.

I then put both hands on the steering wheel. He asked me if I had a CCW. I told him "no." He then asked why I had both hands on the wheel. I told him that a good friend of mine works for MSP, and he told me that a person should use common courtesy and keep his hands in plain sight of the officer in any traffic stop. The officer took my paperwork back to his car and then came back and asked, "do you have any drugs or weapons in the car?" I replied, "I have no weapons or illegal drugs. "

Then he said that he stopped me because he saw white light through a crack in my taillight. I asked him if it would be OK to use red tape from autozone to patch-up the taillight until I could get a new lens. He said, "Don't worry about it; I'm just looking for illegal guns and drugs." I said, "I don't have either."

I can't help but think that if I hadn't been accommodating, and if rather than looking like a middle-aged guy with lots of grey hair But I looked like an unkempt 20-something, I probably would have been sitting on the side of the road for an hour or more while waiting for K-9.

Lucky you were a little older that might have helped i cant help but think how unfair a slightly "younger" person is treated so much different with the leo evem if they are a card carrier who has legitimate medical needs and follows the law its bs. Are certain counties leo worse then others? I feel my county is slightly more strict. But that might be my opinion.

nowhere in the amendment does it say "locked" of any sort. I was pulled over by MSP for minor traffic violation. I did show him the jar in the back of my pickup truck and he told me to go on my way. I didn't want to cause anything so i let him violate my rights by examining the herb. I was on a strict time constraint and couldnt be late. I also had an edible in the front i didn't mention, so I didn't want him digging around or wasting each others time.[/quote

Was he rude or make remarks after you were kind enough to let him see your meds. I know a patient who had just a single gram nice bud after the officer looked at it and said he was free to go he gave it back and it was all crushed to bunny muffin and deff not a full g..

Obviously, the way you appear plays a huge role as well.  Part of it is youth, for sure, and part of it is appearance.  I'm not advising or advocating that people change their appearance just to avoid be harassed by LEO, it's just something to be aware of.

When I was in college, I had an older vehicle, very long hair, and dressed somewhat like a bum (or like a college student if you will) and there is no doubt I was harassed for that.  Police were always suspicious, and I would even get followed around and watched when I went into a store.

Now I'm in my 40s, dress semi-professionally and drive relatively new cars.  Amazing how there is now automatically an assumption of innocence and good corporate citizenship.  Oh yeah, and I'm white as well.

So stupid, and so frustrating, but a fact of life.

Never admit anything to any cop ever! There is nothing in the law that says a card holder has to present their card. If you get pulled over or a cop knocks on your door you should act like what you are doing is illegal and never show them anything. If they break the law, search you and find something, then you can begin to defend yourself by showing them you have a card and than you should only show them what is necessary and nothing more.

A MMMP card is not like having a CCW license that requires you to present the card immediately and state whether you have an actual weapon on you or not and unlike a CCW, that shows them you are not a criminal, there is absolutely no benefit to presenting it ever. The only time it should come out is after you need to defend yourself. When they find marijuana they are the ones required to ask you if you have a license for it just like they can for driving. You don't have to prove you can drive with a drivers license if you aren't driving so you shouldn't have to prove you have a MMMP card unless you have to prove you need it by them finding a reason to have to provide it.

Never provide any more information to any legal official as it will NEVER benefit you. If at anytime you feel uncomfortable about anything in any legal situation with any legal official, the best thing you can do is stop talking until you talk to a lawyer because silence will never hurt you no matter what any person tells you otherwise