New Application Question

good question. i know post office boxes work.

i do not know about using other addresses, friends or family.

about your dr, well you'd have to ask him.

feel free to call LARA and ask them about it as well

make sure you have the latest forms from michigan.gov too. they've been updated numerous times over the years.

http://michigan.gov/mmp

Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

Bureau of Professional Licensing

Michigan Medical Marihuana Program

PO Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909

Telephone Number: 517-284-6400

Email Address: BPL-MMMPINFO@michigan.gov

also , i'm surprised you are able to keep your medical mj from your family.

usually theres a smell attached. although i do remember one guy who successfully kept his caregiver status from his family. just impressive to me thats all.

Because your license and possible grow are not tied to an address, you can put any mailing address you wish to on the application.  But only put ONE address on the application.  Obviously, it should be a Michigan address.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

do the PO box thing , safest all around I think. I also received a letter with marijuana right on the envelope, but then now a days, everyone knows that MMMA  letters from Lara are for MJ..hell my post office has asked if i needed help filling out the forms LOL.. I declined. 

do the PO box thing , safest all around I think. I also received a letter with marijuana right on the envelope, but then now a days, everyone knows that MMMA  letters from Lara are for MJ..hell my post office has asked if i needed help filling out the forms LOL.. I declined.

that is hilarious willy !! thanks for sharing that.

After registering my first patient, nervously purchasing the money order at the po, stuffing it into the envelop and getting the lesson on cert mail/ return receipt...they were on auto. The usual smiles when I asked for the cards to complete, and they referred to the letter to be sent from then on as "Hi grassmatch, another one of those, ok here you go" Soon I discovered that some are also users, and more and more as I mature I realize MOST people could give two chits about my garden or my cannabis use. I now have visible neighbors with huge outdoor gardens, big house attached greenhouses, ridiculous additions onto garages, clear sides, bright lights, wood heated all night. Its really a good vibe around here now. The scents during harvest season is encouraging. Another revisit to the outdoor growing is in my sites, maybe sooner than later.

peace

the letters still have "mmp" on them.

but they are very similar to the envelopes that lara sends out for professional licenses like drs, pharmacists, nurses, dental assistants etc

I've never seen any "MMP" stamp on letters coming from LARA or (previously) MDCH.

My own patient card and CG cards arrive in an envelop that is not in any way different from the envelop that contains my recert for my asbestos inspector's license or my lead paint inspector card.

I used to use a PO box for all things MMP.  I've gotten more comfortable in the last year or so and gave-up the PO Box.

One of my patients is paranoid about family finding out about her participation in the MJ program.  At her last renewal, she used my street address for her mailing address.  Her card was sent to me, and I delivered it to her.  Easy-peezy.

No. That's the opposite of what I way saying. How did you get the idea that any envelopes I got had "MMP" on them?

because you said ;

These look exactly like the envelops that my asbestos inspector and lead inspector cards come in.

...when referring to the envelope pictures posted by tpain the ones that say "MMP" on them. :huh:(=huh?)

When renewing last week I had two clerks at the post office debating whether it's a good idea to abbreviate Michigan Medical Marihuana Program to MMMP on the return receipt. They said that if you really want it official for court you should write it all out, not abbreviate it. The hopes of getting it done privately and quickly went right out the window. 

It dawned on me why so many people want to skip the step of sending the forms out certified mail. If they skipped that step they avoid talking with anyone about it at the counter. It's tempting but definitely a mistake to skip that step no matter how hard it is for you to go on up to the counter. 

Dang. I just noticed that the bottom two have "MMP" on them.

good time for a visit to the ole optometrist ;)

i thought adding the blue dots would point people to the differences.

When renewing last week I had two clerks at the post office debating whether it's a good idea to abbreviate Michigan Medical Marihuana Program to MMMP on the return receipt. They said that if you really want it official for court you should write it all out, not abbreviate it. The hopes of getting it done privately and quickly went right out the window.

ugh, last time i wrote out michigan medical marihuana program on the envelope and the postal worker spent 10 minutes asking me questions about it for her nephew. this was a busy post office too.

i was sweating. dont get me wrong, i like answering questions. but i will always be nervous talking to federal employees. especially the post office when they have my name and addy in their hands.

good time for a visit to the ole optometrist ;)

i thought adding the blue dots would point people to the differences.

ugh, last time i wrote out michigan medical marihuana program on the envelope and the postal worker spent 10 minutes asking me questions about it for her nephew. this was a busy post office too.

i was sweating. dont get me wrong, i like answering questions. but i will always be nervous talking to federal employees. especially the post office when they have my name and addy in their hands.

My very first card, when it came in the mail, the envelope said Marihuana on it. My deliverer is a really nice happy guy. He saw me in the yard so he pulled in and brought the envelope right up to me with a big smile tapping the envelope. I just smiled back and thanked him. 

"official for court" wtf are they talking about

I suspect they know very little about marijuana court, but are experts at getting mail to proper recipients on time.

maybe they were talking about if you needed to sue(yeah, right) them in order to force them to refund your 7$ in the event they didn't actually mail it?

If the letter doesn't arrive, we(me and patients) call lara. we don't automatically assume lara received it until they send back the receipt. Once that's done the post office is out of the deal, in and out of court I believe.

without a return receipt we have no idea if they actually received it, and some, after 21 days might believe they are legal, when they are not, if they have not been approved by lara. Abbreviations are fine, backed up by the fact they have always arrived on time for me. MMMP all the way, I have no tolerance for a nosy "marijuana" sniffer within any federal office. My last re certification waiting room had 2 women who had their letter and forms returned to them crushed and destroyed, and were there to get another form completed by the doctor. Neither one used cert mail/return receipt for thought. the staff thought it curious that two pieces of mail like this were destroyed. me too.

the thinking is, if you dont use the correct addy + name as govt says, when you send it to the govt with 'mmmp' instead of 'michigan medical marihuana program' then someone at mich gov could open it - if they are in another dept , and thus the 15 day rule wouldnt apply.

e.g. the post office workers were practicing law without a license. merely their opinion. much like we here in the forum give advice.