Open Discussion With Potential New Patients Is Harder Than I Anticipated

gretta47

A caregiver only needs to know that I have a valid card, and any medical information that I care to divulge for treating my condition. The relationship that I have with my certifying doctor really isn't their business and I would personally pass on a caregiver that insisted that I have a followup with said doctor.

Wow!!  this coming from a patient?  Such a cold-shoulder, even antagonististic approach (a caregiver only needs to know that i have a valid card).   Arrived at thru buying at disps?    

Wow!!  this coming from a patient?  Such a cold-shoulder, even antagonististic approach (a caregiver only needs to know that i have a valid card).   Arrived at thru buying at disps?    

The context was about a caregiver that insisted on a patient divulging their personal relationship with their doctor. And that I would personally pass on such a cg. 

Feel free to interpret my attitude however you like.

I 've asked for a copy of a docs rec in the past, but I haven't done that in years. I would not share this info with a potential cg either.
I've noticed that reactions to specific requests and used those to our pt/cg success.

If a patient bucks at anything I say these days in my interview...that's by far my best indicator of a non successful registration proven time after time

in my registry. My questions are very specific and non negotiable answers are expected.  Even the few apprehensive ones accepted come to realize the standards are for everyone's protection and are grateful for my details. 

Some patients ask me for my full name and phone number right off the bat. those are the easiest patients to overlook in the interview process.  If they don't understand the dynamics of this relationship.... common courtesy, privacy, I'm not the one to teach them, I know ours will not result in a positive patient outcome, and move along quickly to avoid any patient supply needs.

I 've asked for a copy of a docs rec in the past, but I haven't done that in years. I would not share this info with a potential cg either.

I've noticed that reactions to specific requests and used those to our pt/cg success.

If a patient bucks at anything I say these days in my interview...that's by far my best indicator of a non successful registration proven time after time

in my registry. My questions are very specific and non negotiable answers are expected.  Even the few apprehensive ones accepted come to realize the standards are for everyone's protection and are grateful for my details. 

Some patients ask me for my full name and phone number right off the bat. those are the easiest patients to overlook in the interview process.  If they don't understand the dynamics of this relationship.... common courtesy, privacy, I'm not the one to teach them, I know ours will not result in a positive patient outcome, and move along quickly to avoid any patient supply needs.

But once you do sign up the person, the two of you have each other's full driver's license info (since it's necessary for the CG form), correct? At least I did when I first had a CG.

But once you do sign up the person, the two of you have each other's full driver's license info (since it's necessary for the CG form), correct? At least I did when I first had a CG.

The new instructions do not spell out that the caregiver ID, picture of the drivers license, is needed. I sent one anyway just in case. I think it might be an area that needs some clarification. 

Edited by Restorium2

Actually no. I (strictly) require a signed completed(patient sections) change form, id, a card copy to be emailed to me at the time the both of us are absolutely sure of our decision. I don't share my address at any time, except the info on the patient card when it arrives.

mine did recently, very clear in the first page of instructions on the change forms.

I just did one last week, a renewal, and the instructions say that you have to send a picture of the drivers license. They don't specifically say that both the patient and caregiver have to do it. They don't mention sending a picture of the back of the drivers license either but I did that too. 

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/LARA_BHCS_MMMP_CareGiver_Change_Form_0115_478319_7.pdf

on the first page, instructions, there is not one section hat doesn't say send copy of id

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/LARA_BHCS_MMMP_Patient_Change_Form_0115_478317_7.pdf

every instruction on this one says identification copies for every instance of correspondence.

what did I miss?

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/LARA_BHCS_MMMP_CareGiver_Change_Form_0115_478319_7.pdf

on the first page, instructions, there is not one section hat doesn't say send copy of id

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/LARA_BHCS_MMMP_Patient_Change_Form_0115_478317_7.pdf

every instruction on this one says identification copies for every instance of correspondence.

what did I miss?

What I was saying is that they don't clearly say to send in a picture of the caregiver's drivers license on a renewal. They just say to send in A PICTURE OF THE DRIVERS LICENSE. If a patient is filling out their renewal one might think it's just their drivers license pic that is being asked for because they don't specify CAREGIVER PICTURE. Just like they don't spell out sending in a picture of the back of the drivers license and LARA has asked for that in the past. 

awesome meds there resto ! care to share strain? :hair:

I'm always curious to know what people are using at the time of their postings. thought it would be neat to know the strain in the sig each time.

I just filled the forms out last week and it's still very clear to me. 

I don't use cannabis in the morning because that would make me tired later in the day. To each his own. I hold off for a while and reward myself for that. Makes you stronger in mind and body. 

I just filled the forms out last week and it's still very clear to me. 

I don't use cannabis in the morning because that would make me tired later in the day. To each his own. I hold off for a while and reward myself for that. Makes you stronger in mind and body. 

Generally I do not medicate in the early mornings for the same reason.

When I do, I need to re up through out the day or I too will get burn out

and fall out on the sofa waaaay too early.

This happens even with the more sativa dominant strains.

Wow, that sucks.  I take 2 to 1 CBD to THC medibles in the am as soon as I get up and head downstairs for a vape with morning coffee.  Sometimes it hi THC sometimes it's 50/50's.  My pennywise I tried to make nite meds out of and was up late but it works great with no brunout thruout the day.

I usually don't hit the GG#4 or the space dawg, etc. thruout the day unless it's raining and it's gonna be a mid afternoon nap on the couch. Maybe it's the THC/CBD combo I use thruout the day or some of the sativas just don't hit me that way.  A lot of my patients smoke thru out the day, even GG#4, but she smokes a gram over 10 hours with just one hitters at a time.  I smoke closer to 1/2 to 3/4gr per vape so I get sleepy on it but , as you said, can smoke when that happens and it gives me a bit of energy for the next 2 hours or so. 

If I couldn't smoke thru the day I couldn't eat well enough to gain weight.  If I get too much THC I get munchies instead of hungry and a bit anxious. 

this morning was the normal 20-25mg CBD(cannatonic) and 10-12mg THC(orange creamsicle) and a vape of grape tonic.  And my stomach is growling, time to eat some pancakes.

"Sending in a picture of a drivers license is different than sending in a picture of a drivers license ?

I looked at the forms just now and they say "send a copy of photo id" . I don't see any mention of sending pictures of anything. can you provide a link for clarity?

I am understanding form their directions to send in a "copy of photo id " to be a copy of my id which contains my photo, if not, I need to send in other proof, with every pack sent to lara.

What I was saying is that they don't clearly say to send in a picture of the caregiver's drivers license on a renewal. They just say to send in A PICTURE OF THE DRIVERS LICENSE.

nope, I request clarity for all to understand, even me if I'm missing something here. My forms say different than restos it might appear, and that is worth looking into, if not interesting for you move along to a place where help is needed. 

You just are still not understanding what I was saying. The forms are the forms. It's all good. I'm sure you will do just fine anyway.

"Sending in a picture of a drivers license is different than sending in a picture of a drivers license ?

I looked at the forms just now and they say "send a copy of photo id" . I don't see any mention of sending pictures of anything. can you provide a link for clarity?

I am understanding form their directions to send in a "copy of photo id " to be a copy of my id which contains my photo, if not, I need to send in other proof, with every pack sent to lara.

Grass, I think you missed something.  Resto said " What I was saying is that they don't clearly say to send in a picture of the caregiver's drivers license on a renewal. They just say to send in A PICTURE OF THE DRIVERS LICENSE.

When I sent in my last three CG renewals for existing patients getting re-certified, I didn't send in a copy of my DL and had no issues.  Same goes for my renewals for asbestos and lead inspector cards.  No need to send a copy of my DL because the copy LARA already had was still valid.  Might not work for everyone.

Indica v Sativa is ok for generalities, but what matters is the effect on the individual patient.  We both understand that.  We both understand the concept of 'uninterrupted supply'.  But the key is being able to explain it to people that know little if anything about it and are predisposed to deny it has any benefit.

Dr. Bob

We really need to start getting into the terpenes to really address patient specific needs.

Caregiving to me is about giving care.  I don't want someone I can't call a friend or care about.  I want the work I do to improve their quality of life.

Dr. Bob,  do caregivers get harassed in mtp?

I think it is case by case.  Surprisingly, I've actually had some good reports about Bayonet telling people what they need to fix and giving them time to fix it without hauling them in.  It has to do with the individual LEO, the caregiver, and the attitude of the department.

Folks didn't like what I said about caregivers and being prepared- I can respect that.  But know that I have been in the cases, many of those complaining the loudest have not.  Do as you wish, but at least see where I am coming from and keep it in the back of your head.

Dr. Bob